DC News: Misha out of Final - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-10-2006, 12:49 AM   #1
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute
Default DC News: Misha out of Final

Injured Youzhny misses Davis final

ST PETERSBURG, Russia (Reuters) -- Russia's Davis Cup hopes have suffered a serious blow with Mikhail Youzhny ruled out of next month's final against Argentina due to an ankle injury.

Youzhny broke a bone in his right ankle in a doubles match at the St Petersburg Open on Wednesday, forcing the world number 23 to forfeit his second-round singles tie with Swede Thomas Johansson.

The Russian was seen on crutches at the St Petersburg airport leaving for Moscow on Thursday morning.

"I have just spoken with Mikhail and it is now been confirmed that he has broken a bone," said Youzhny's brother Andrei.

The injury means Youzhny will miss the Davis Cup final being held from December 1-3 at Moscow's Olympic Sports Complex.

With former top 20 player Igor Andreev, who won last year's Kremlin Cup at the arena hosting the Davis Cup final, still recovering from knee surgery, Russia face an obvious shortage of manpower against the tough South Americans.

Youzhny was hailed as a national hero after clinching Russia's first Davis Cup title in 2002 when he came from two sets down to beat France's Paul-Henri Mathieu in the decisive fifth rubber in the Paris final.

World number six Nikolay Davydenko also suffered a foot injury at the $1 million tournament in St Petersburg on Wednesday and was forced to retire from his second-round match against South Africa's Wesley Moodie.

Davydenko's injury seems less serious than Youzny's and he was optimistic he would play at next week's Paris Masters.

Russia's Davis Cup captain Shamil Tarpishchev must now hope former world number one Marat Safin, who has struggled with various injuries for much of the past two years, and Davydenko stay injury free until the showdown with Argentina.

Pain is only temporary but victory is forever
Fergie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2006, 11:24 AM   #2
country flag Mara_M

Mara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DC News: Misha out of Final

Quote:
Originally Posted by musefanatic
Well you're welcome to share me bed with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huff
Do look, imperial shadow - the Romanian nation,
At Dana, Miru, Iza, your mighty progenies,
With racquets like steel and hearts of fire impetuous,
It's either "Win this match or f**k off!"
Remember, life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile
Mara_M is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 05:39 PM   #3
country flag lilimi80

lilimi80 has a reputation beyond reputelilimi80 has a reputation beyond reputelilimi80 has a reputation beyond reputelilimi80 has a reputation beyond reputelilimi80 has a reputation beyond reputelilimi80 has a reputation beyond reputelilimi80 has a reputation beyond reputelilimi80 has a reputation beyond reputelilimi80 has a reputation beyond reputelilimi80 has a reputation beyond reputelilimi80 has a reputation beyond repute

misha
lilimi80 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 05:08 AM   #4
country flag Saturn66

Saturn66 has a reputation beyond reputeSaturn66 has a reputation beyond reputeSaturn66 has a reputation beyond reputeSaturn66 has a reputation beyond reputeSaturn66 has a reputation beyond reputeSaturn66 has a reputation beyond reputeSaturn66 has a reputation beyond reputeSaturn66 has a reputation beyond reputeSaturn66 has a reputation beyond reputeSaturn66 has a reputation beyond reputeSaturn66 has a reputation beyond repute

not good news
Saturn66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 03:00 PM   #5
country flag Nadie

Nadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond repute

bbc.co.uk
Quote:
Russia name Youzhny in final team
Mikhail Youzhny has been named in the Russia team to face Argentina in the Davis Cup final in Moscow next month.

Nikolay Davydenko and Marat Safin will lead the home side, along with Youzhny and Dmitry Tursunov.

Youzhny had been a major doubt with an ankle injury ahead of the 1-3 December tie at the Olympic Sports Complex.

"Youzhny will start practising tomorrow and if he regains his fitness level he'll play," said Russia's captain Shamil Tarpishchev.

"I have to nominate players for the tie one hour before the draw. That's almost two weeks, so we have time to make a decision."

Youzhny broke a bone in his right ankle on 25 October while playing at the St Petersburg Open.
Misha
Nadie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 03:56 PM   #6
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic news ... Davai Misha!!!

Pain is only temporary but victory is forever
Fergie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 03:48 PM   #7
country flag Mara_M

Mara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond repute

glad he's ok,even if he won't get in

Quote:
Originally Posted by musefanatic
Well you're welcome to share me bed with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huff
Do look, imperial shadow - the Romanian nation,
At Dana, Miru, Iza, your mighty progenies,
With racquets like steel and hearts of fire impetuous,
It's either "Win this match or f**k off!"
Remember, life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile
Mara_M is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote