Ranking Watch - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-23-2006, 04:40 PM   #16
country flag Hendu

Hendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ranking Watch

This is a quote from the news and articles thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie View Post
Greetings from Basel. Yes - the match will be hard. I do not like Murray but he is an excellent player, and has improved tremendously this year with even an outside chance of qualifying for the TMC. I honestly do not fully expect JMDP to win this match, especially considering the surface which he has no experience on, - but it will be great experience for him, and I hope that by this time next year he will be up there with Murray in the rankings.
It would be great if Del Potro manages to get where Djokovic and Murray are now, by this time next year.

I know it doesn't work this way, but:

Ranking when turned 17:

Djokovic: #338
Murray: #541
Del Potro: #209

Ranking when turned 18:

Djokovic: #128
Murray: #367
Del Potro: #106

Ranking when turned 19:

Djokovic: #63
Murray: #46
Del Potro: ? (23-Sep 2007) With 18 years and 1 month, he is #91.

Both Djokovic and Murray made the Top 20 with 19 years and 5 months.

Del Potro will be 19 years and 5 months old in February of 2008.

This probably means nothing.
Hendu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2006, 10:14 PM   #17
country flag fightclubber

fightclubber has a reputation beyond reputefightclubber has a reputation beyond reputefightclubber has a reputation beyond reputefightclubber has a reputation beyond reputefightclubber has a reputation beyond reputefightclubber has a reputation beyond reputefightclubber has a reputation beyond reputefightclubber has a reputation beyond reputefightclubber has a reputation beyond reputefightclubber has a reputation beyond reputefightclubber has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyCañas View Post
This is a quote from the news and articles thread:

It would be great if Del Potro manages to get where Djokovic and Murray are now, by this time next year.

I know it doesn't work this way, but:

Ranking when turned 17:

Djokovic: #338
Murray: #541
Del Potro: #209

Ranking when turned 18:

Djokovic: #128
Murray: #367
Del Potro: #106

Ranking when turned 19:

Djokovic: #63
Murray: #46
Del Potro: ? (23-Sep 2007) With 18 years and 1 month, he is #91.

Both Djokovic and Murray made the Top 20 with 19 years and 5 months.

Del Potro will be 19 years and 5 months old in February of 2008.

This probably means nothing.
Oh Willy
ME ENCANTO!
I WISH! I WISH
JUAN IS THE BEST PLAYER OF ARGENTINA TO ME AND I WISH HIM THE BEST AND ALWAYS TALK TO MY FRIEND TO PUT ON EYE ON HIM
GREAT WORK BOY!
SILVY

ROGER FEDERER

Marco Chiudinelli

NovakDjokovic

CarlosMoya MaratSafin JuanMartinDelPotro RichardGasquet TomasBerdych
fightclubber is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 07:30 PM   #18
country flag Dragula.mp3

Dragula.mp3 has a reputation beyond reputeDragula.mp3 has a reputation beyond reputeDragula.mp3 has a reputation beyond reputeDragula.mp3 has a reputation beyond reputeDragula.mp3 has a reputation beyond reputeDragula.mp3 has a reputation beyond reputeDragula.mp3 has a reputation beyond reputeDragula.mp3 has a reputation beyond reputeDragula.mp3 has a reputation beyond reputeDragula.mp3 has a reputation beyond reputeDragula.mp3 has a reputation beyond repute

In the match against Gonzalez, i've heard something quite interesting. Don't know if I was hearing right, or Salatino was wrong; but he said something about Del Potro inside the top 80???.

Either way this kid is something serious, the past year he was 1200 and some, and now is inside the top #100.

But now it get's harder and harder, it's difficult to start ricing, but much more to maintain that level

Last edited by Dragula.mp3 : 10-29-2006 at 07:36 PM.
Dragula.mp3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 07:41 PM   #19
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragula.mp3 View Post
In the match against Gonzalez, i've heard something quite interesting. Don't know if I was hearing right, or Salatino was wrong; but he said something about Del Potro inside the top 80???.

Either way this kid is something serious, the past year he was 1200 and some, and now is inside the top #100.

But now it get's harder and harder, it's difficult to start ricing, but much more to maintain that level
Well I know he got 60 points from Basel - so I guess that this is possible - but I don't understand the rankings so well, so I will wait until they publish them tomorrow. I know JMDP's goal was to finish this season inside the Top 80 - so would be great if this is true

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 08:03 PM   #20
country flag Hendu

Hendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragula.mp3 View Post

Well, looking at Del Potro's activity last year, he won Montevideo Challenger. But it seems that tournament was played a week after than it is being played this year.
It seems that in this week last year he lost in the first round of Santiago Challenger, so he had nothing to defend.

I really don't know how many positions he would advance, since you have to take into account the results of way too many players. And Salatino may be very experienced, but with the rankings...

but I guess it is possible.

I don't know, maybe someone did the math and will tell us... or we could just wait until tomorrow.
Old 10-29-2006, 08:10 PM   #21
country flag lau

lau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And Salatino may be very experienced, but with the rankings...
sorry, off topic...
Salatino may be very experienced, but he SUCKS in almost every possible way as a commentator/tennis journalist.
lau is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 08:21 PM   #22
country flag Hendu

Quote:
Originally Posted by lau View Post
sorry, off topic...
Salatino may be very experienced, but he SUCKS in almost every possible way as a commentator/sports journalist.
as you said, "in almost every possible way as a commentator/sports journalist."

The good part maybe is that he has been traveling in the ATP Tour since the stone age. He knows a lot of people and provides a good insight on tennis world (especially with the older players). He does have information that other journalists don't have.
Old 10-29-2006, 08:27 PM   #23
country flag ufokart

ufokart has a reputation beyond reputeufokart has a reputation beyond reputeufokart has a reputation beyond reputeufokart has a reputation beyond reputeufokart has a reputation beyond reputeufokart has a reputation beyond reputeufokart has a reputation beyond reputeufokart has a reputation beyond reputeufokart has a reputation beyond reputeufokart has a reputation beyond reputeufokart has a reputation beyond repute

That's true, Salatino is a huge resource of information, but at the same time he sucks when he's commenting a match . At least that's what i see when Fox Sports airs a tournament.

Berdych - Andreev - Acasuso - Mathieu - Tursunov - Gaudio - Simon

Vliegen * Malisse * Chela * Zabaleta * Gasquet * Calleri * Djokovic * Starace

Retired and not so active players¬

SJENG SCHALKEN [] PAT RAFTER [] THOMAS MUSTER [] GUGA KUERTEN

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

MARIA KIRILENKO
ufokart is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 11:03 PM   #24
country flag lau

lau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
as you said, "in almost every possible way as a commentator/sports journalist."

The good part maybe is that he has been traveling in the ATP Tour since the stone age. He knows a lot of people and provides a good insight on tennis world (especially with the older players). He does have information that other journalists don't have.
Exactly The information he has access to is probably the only good thing about him... But I suspect half of the times he improvises And I heard him make the most disgusting snob comments and he can`t make a coherent comment about a player without stereotyping them..., specially the non-southamerican active players. Sometimes I suspect I know more about them than him....
lau is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 12:08 AM   #25
country flag Dragula.mp3

Dragula.mp3 has a reputation beyond reputeDragula.mp3 has a reputation beyond reputeDragula.mp3 has a reputation beyond reputeDragula.mp3 has a reputation beyond reputeDragula.mp3 has a reputation beyond reputeDragula.mp3 has a reputation beyond reputeDragula.mp3 has a reputation beyond reputeDragula.mp3 has a reputation beyond reputeDragula.mp3 has a reputation beyond reputeDragula.mp3 has a reputation beyond reputeDragula.mp3 has a reputation beyond repute

He is ranked #82. Great job kid.

Pta: Salatino es un gil; con eso de: "tengo un montón de amigos" y sus boludeces a veces cansa. Nadie te quiere SALATINO!!!
Old 10-30-2006, 03:03 AM   #26
country flag Hendu

Yes

And he will have to win Aachen this week, to defend the ranking points (60) he won last year in Montevideo.

30/10/06 - #82

75 Greul, Simon (GER) 520
76 Seppi, Andreas (ITA) 513
77 Phau, Bjorn (GER) 512
78 Hernych, Jan (CZE) 511
79 Koubek, Stefan (AUT) 509
80 Lopez, Feliciano (ESP) 505
81 Spadea, Vincent (USA) 495
82 Del Potro, Juan Martin (ARG) 491 (+9)
83 Sluiter, Raemon (NED) 488
84 Dancevic, Frank (CAN) 484
85 Montanes, Albert (ESP) 473
86 Starace, Potito (ITA) 472
87 Norman, Dick (BEL) 456
88 Vanek, Jiri (CZE) 453
89 Kunitsyn, Igor (RUS) 450
90 Korolev, Evgeny (RUS) 448
91 Vassallo Arguello, Martin (ARG) 446

http://www.atptennis.com/3/en/rankin...ntry=&x=17&y=4
Old 11-06-2006, 01:18 PM   #27
country flag Hendu

He couldn't defend most of Montevideo's ranking points.

So his ranking this week (6 Nov. 2006) is #91 (-9).

The good thing is that he has nothing to defend from now on, so his ranking can only get better.
Old 11-06-2006, 01:22 PM   #28
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He couldn't defend most of Montevideo's ranking points.

So his ranking this week (6 Nov. 2006) is #91 (-9).

The good thing is that he has nothing to defend from now on, so his ranking can only get better.
Yes - I don't see any problem with that. Positions in the rankings move a lot between about 120 and 80 and he is pretty much assured of Direct Entry into the Australian open next year whatever happens

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
Old 11-06-2006, 05:51 PM   #29
country flag Hendu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie View Post
Yes - I don't see any problem with that. Positions in the rankings move a lot between about 120 and 80 and he is pretty much assured of Direct Entry into the Australian open next year whatever happens
Yes, as long as he is able to enter the big tournaments directly, the ranking at this stage of his career has little importance.
Old 11-13-2006, 12:23 PM   #30
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

Week commencing 13/11/06: Juan Martin's ranking has slipped by two places to Number 93. However he has no more points to defend this year, so should be safe for a Top 100 place at the start of next season.