Wednesday live scores - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-03-2004, 07:05 PM   #121
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

Me too, Sjengst!

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2004, 07:09 PM   #122
country flag Dirk

Dirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yeah me too. I want to see Sjeng bow down and kiss Roger's feet before the match. I wonder what gifts Sjeng would bring to the temple of ninja.
Dirk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 08:01 PM   #123
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk, Sjeng's a self-confessed federerfan, but I somehow doubt he'll go that far...

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 08:15 PM   #124
country flag Sjengster

Sjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wednesday live scores

Dirk's above comment is almost enough to make me wish Federer loses before the semifinals. I don't think I've ever hoped for that before. Rest assured, there will be no grovelling from Schalken if they do meet - he'll play as best as he can, and the chances are that won't be anywhere near good enough, but rarely has he just handed Federer the victory.

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I remember this one time when I went on a vacation on the Maldives. That was in the year 2001, I think. I went to this spa. I went to walk around with my girlfriend. I walk in, and we want to book a spa. This guy goes, "AHH, I remember you. You beat Sampras. I saw you on TV." That was like, really, how can you remember me? This guy has probably never been off his island and still knows me. I was a little bit shocked. Then I went to play tennis with him because he was actually the tennis teacher. It was nice.

Q. Were you naked at the time in the spa?

ROGER FEDERER: No. It was at the front desk. I didn't walk in naked.
Sjengster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 12:46 AM   #125
country flag Chloe le Bopper

Chloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: Wednesday live scores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjengster
Dirk's above comment is almost enough to make me wish Federer loses before the semifinals. I don't think I've ever hoped for that before. Rest assured, there will be no grovelling from Schalken if they do meet - he'll play as best as he can, and the chances are that won't be anywhere near good enough, but rarely has he just handed Federer the victory.
Glad to know that wasn't just me who felt that way...

Chocking makes me sad.
Chloe le Bopper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 01:14 AM   #126
country flag Sjengster

Sjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: Re: Wednesday live scores

Ah, but since he's playing Robredo tomorrow, you definitely wish for him to lose before the semis.

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I remember this one time when I went on a vacation on the Maldives. That was in the year 2001, I think. I went to this spa. I went to walk around with my girlfriend. I walk in, and we want to book a spa. This guy goes, "AHH, I remember you. You beat Sampras. I saw you on TV." That was like, really, how can you remember me? This guy has probably never been off his island and still knows me. I was a little bit shocked. Then I went to play tennis with him because he was actually the tennis teacher. It was nice.

Old 03-04-2004, 01:36 AM   #127
country flag Chloe le Bopper

Chloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Wednesday live scores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjengster
Ah, but since he's playing Robredo tomorrow, you definitely wish for him to lose before the semis.
Yes, but realistically, I would be very surprised if Robredo managed to even make it very close.

If nothing else, he'll still be around in doubles, heh

Chocking makes me sad.
Chloe le Bopper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 01:44 AM   #128
country flag Sjengster

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Wednesday live scores

But unlike against Roddick, Robredo has had some close contests with Federer - he beat him the first time they met in the Hopman Cup (but lost to him the very next week in the first round of Sydney in two tiebreaks) and was a point away from serving for the match in Vienna. Only once has he been absolutely thrashed, although I would never have expected that to come on clay as it did last year. When they last met in Montreal Robredo was the better player in the first set but couldn't take his six breakpoints whereas Federer broke to win it on his first breakpoint of the match.

Old 03-04-2004, 02:50 AM   #129
country flag Dirk

Dirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Oh come on Sjengster. I was just joking. I like your man. Just trying to be funny that is all. I do think Tommy could do damage to Roger. Tommy is fast and could take advantage of Roger's mental lapses.
Old 03-04-2004, 09:25 PM   #130
country flag Sjengster

And failing miserably, that's all. It's like tangerine going into a player's cheering thread and celebrating their defeat - a kind of humour that's guaranteed to be appreciated by nobody except the purveyor.

Old 03-04-2004, 10:41 PM   #131
country flag Dirk

This is livescores not Sjeng forum. Both of those guys are friends and Sjeng jokes about it so why are you so uptight? Since I didn't type I'm sorry in the last post I will do that here. I'm sorry I like Sjeng. He has an unusual game which is very effective. If they make the semis it should be real fun.
Old 03-04-2004, 10:59 PM   #132
Mikel

Mikel has a reputation beyond reputeMikel has a reputation beyond reputeMikel has a reputation beyond reputeMikel has a reputation beyond reputeMikel has a reputation beyond reputeMikel has a reputation beyond reputeMikel has a reputation beyond reputeMikel has a reputation beyond reputeMikel has a reputation beyond reputeMikel has a reputation beyond reputeMikel has a reputation beyond repute

well done schalken
Mikel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote