Marat, fais-nous rugir de plaisir à Lyon!!! - Page 14 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-25-2006, 06:38 AM   #196
country flag atheneglaukopis

atheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marat, fais-nous rugir de plaisir à Lyon!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saumon View Post
he'd fire himseklf

@carroll: yes it's very probably his protect ranking
Verily, his selfless love for Marat knows no bounds. Or, as Marat would say, "Dima is our genius."

I just checked the entry list and sure enough, Marat is listed "@ 6" ('@' being the usual symbol for protected ranking), so he comes in 7 on the entry list just behind the real #6. Unfortunately this has nothing to do with seedings.

"I couldn't even tell you who the No. 1 ranked tennis player in the world is right now," Federer said. "It's probably me, still. It is, isn't it?" The Onion

Russophilic member of the MTF Perv Squad--objectifying Tarpischev, Kafelnikov, and Volkov like whoa.
atheneglaukopis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2006, 08:06 AM   #197
country flag rmb6687

rmb6687 has a reputation beyond reputermb6687 has a reputation beyond reputermb6687 has a reputation beyond reputermb6687 has a reputation beyond reputermb6687 has a reputation beyond reputermb6687 has a reputation beyond reputermb6687 has a reputation beyond reputermb6687 has a reputation beyond reputermb6687 has a reputation beyond reputermb6687 has a reputation beyond reputermb6687 has a reputation beyond repute

rankings....seedings....i don't get any of this stuff anymore, espcially since they have the entry ranking system and the race thingy.

so, marat is 36 in the rankings system. and he's even higher in the race system, 31(whats the difference?). What does he have to do to get a seeding in the Aussie Open?

roddick, hewitt, berdych, muller, tursunov, grosjean, djokovic
rmb6687 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 10:56 AM   #198
country flag Saumon

Saumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond repute

entry ranking=ranking over the past 12 months, they add/remove points all year long, it's used for the seedings and acceptance lists

race=calendar year ranking, they start from zero and add points, it gives the name of the players qualified for the Masters Cup

At the end of the year entry ranking=race ranking (more or less)

and Marat can't be seeded in Bercy because he used his protected ranking (ie the ranking he had last year, when he got injured)