World Series In Game :) - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-22-2006, 05:11 AM   #46
country flag TFan1156

TFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: World Series Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
I have not payed much attention to the Tiggers this year..but im not impressed with their hitting...Rolen is better hitter than anyone on that team...
My grandmother could have tagged that pitch Rolen got. And the decision to pitch to AL with two outs, man on second, first empty was madness, much less throw him a sweet pitch right over the plate... With run support Reyes became the mouse that roared, Cards were basically conceding the game with him but it was Verlander that was not up to the occasion. Tigers deviated from the rotation that was successful the last two series, another foolish move, Robertson should have pitched. Given this dismal display I`d call it even at this point as are the series odds at the moment. Pick your side...
TFan1156 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2006, 04:23 PM   #47
country flag El Legenda
Not a Registered User

El Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by flmmkrz View Post
quite the prediction... we could win but we also might not. Might as well chalk up another W in that win column. Keep up the brilliant work.

As for knowing baseball... you thought you knew football last week and were celebrating before the game was over and you ended up looking like an ass....
Don't be celebrating a series win before its over...lotsa baseball left.
Old 10-22-2006, 05:18 PM   #48
country flag TFan1156

TFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Tigers stock just went way down but if they can win convincingly today it will go back up and they again will be the fav to win the series.
Old 10-22-2006, 06:02 PM   #49
country flag El Legenda
Not a Registered User

El Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFan1156 View Post
Tigers stock just went way down but if they can win convincingly today it will go back up and they again will be the fav to win the series.
No matter what happens today..i think St.Louis goes back to DET with 3-2 lead. and Carpenter pitching game 7 if needed.
Old 10-22-2006, 08:51 PM   #50
country flag TFan1156

Quote:
No matter what happens today..i think St.Louis goes back to DET with 3-2 lead. and Carpenter pitching game 7 if needed.
May happen, but it`s all in Detroit`s hands. They have responded with dominance to better pitching lineups than the Cards. And have shut down better hitting teams. If Detroit brings the game that got them there SL is toast, will have to see if they do.
Old 10-23-2006, 03:11 AM   #51
bad gambler

K-Dog dominating the cards in Game 2
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 03:13 AM   #52
country flag El Legenda
Not a Registered User

Quote:
GAME 2 Sunday

If Rogers gets the outside corner called for stikes..it will be like game 1 on the NLCS...Cards cant hit slow throwing lefties who get the outside corner...but if he does not get the outside corner and has to come in.......Cards might score 10 runs and go back to the LOU with 2-0 lead
I did it again...Kenny Rogers got to outside corner all night...and like Game 1 of the NLCS vs Glavine...Cards hit bullets..but right at somebody..they just cant hit the slow throwing lefties who get the outside corner..what did Rogers have on his land in the 1st ING..after the cameras saw it..it was washed off
Weaver pitched good...most of the hits he allowed were blup hits

1-1 going back to STL...just the say i wanted it well i wanted 2-0 STL but everyone knew that was not gonna happen
Old 10-23-2006, 03:22 AM   #53
bad gambler

No heroics from Yadi this time

1-1 now and we go to SAinT Loooie
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 03:23 AM   #54
country flag SwiSha

SwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond repute

Jones almost screwed up what Rogers build for 8 ings
SwiSha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 03:26 AM   #55
country flag El Legenda
Not a Registered User

as some as the slow throwing lefty goes out..Cards start hitting.
they can hit a 100mph thrower like Verlander

Carp game 3 tueday Supp-Dog Game 4
Old 10-23-2006, 03:27 AM   #56
country flag El Legenda
Not a Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler View Post
No heroics from Yadi this time

1-1 now and we go to SAinT Loooie
i got a big decision to make...skip class on tuesday and drive to STL...my parents have 4 tickets or sell em on eBay...probly get 2k of them .
Old 10-23-2006, 03:54 AM   #57
country flag TFan1156

Quote:
I did it again...Kenny Rogers got to outside corner all night...and like Game 1 of the NLCS vs Glavine...Cards hit bullets..but right at somebody..they just cant hit the slow throwing lefties who get the outside corner..
Yea and you also set up a scenario the other way so no matter what you could claim you were right. Bottom line is this, the Tigers were in the groove tonight and you and SL have serious problems. No more freebies.....
Old 10-23-2006, 04:07 AM   #58
country flag El Legenda
Not a Registered User

Quote:
Yea and you also set up a scenario the other way so no matter what you could claim you were right. Bottom line is this, the Tigers were in the groove tonight and you and SL have serious problems. No more freebies.....
there is more than two scenarios...he could have been okay..like 6 ing couple runs..

and to prove my point even more...if you watched to game..after Rogers went out..Cards were getting hits of Jones...
they cant hit the away pitch vs lefties...if you watch game 1 of the NLCS..Glavine was getting those outside calls...the 2nd game Glavine pitched..game 5...Cards started to get hits.because the Ump didnt give him to outside..so he had to come across the plate.

and StL is in great shape...serious problem would have been going back home down 0-2..

ill take Carp vs Tiggers line up/ Cards line up vs Robertson any day and that day will be Tuesday

Last edited by El Legenda : 10-23-2006 at 04:10 AM.
El Legenda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 04:13 AM   #59
country flag TFan1156

Quote:
there is more than two scenarios...he could have been okay..like 6 ing couple runs..

and to prove my point even more...if you watched to game..after Rogers went out..Cards were getting hits of Jones...
You have no point, Jones lives on the edge, does that all the time but rarely blows a save... Botton line is you are playing the best team in baseball and they just woke up from their slumber. You need a lot of help....
Old 10-23-2006, 04:16 AM   #60
country flag El Legenda
Not a Registered User

Quote:
You have no point, Jones lives on the edge, does that all the time but rarely blows a save... Botton line is you are playing the best team in baseball and they just woke up from their slumber. You need a lot of help....
That line up is not even has half as good as the Mets..and well... Mets are on vaction now.