NFL Monday Night - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-09-2006, 05:18 AM   #1
country flag TFan1156

TFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond repute
Default NFL Monday Night

Teaser, Denver +2, under 40

Here you have the home team +2 in a defensive war, two teams that no one is scoring anything to speak of off.
TFan1156 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2006, 07:05 PM   #2
country flag TFan1156

TFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NFL Monday Night

bad weather in Denver tonight, snow mixed with rain...
Old 10-09-2006, 07:31 PM   #3
country flag flmmkrz

flmmkrz has a reputation beyond reputeflmmkrz has a reputation beyond reputeflmmkrz has a reputation beyond reputeflmmkrz has a reputation beyond reputeflmmkrz has a reputation beyond reputeflmmkrz has a reputation beyond reputeflmmkrz has a reputation beyond reputeflmmkrz has a reputation beyond reputeflmmkrz has a reputation beyond reputeflmmkrz has a reputation beyond reputeflmmkrz has a reputation beyond repute

like the under in the given conditions its the spread thats got me wondering. Should I tease the broncos or the ravens is what im wondering right now. +15 might not be a bad way to go
Old 10-09-2006, 08:11 PM   #4
country flag flmmkrz

flmmkrz has a reputation beyond reputeflmmkrz has a reputation beyond reputeflmmkrz has a reputation beyond reputeflmmkrz has a reputation beyond reputeflmmkrz has a reputation beyond reputeflmmkrz has a reputation beyond reputeflmmkrz has a reputation beyond reputeflmmkrz has a reputation beyond reputeflmmkrz has a reputation beyond reputeflmmkrz has a reputation beyond reputeflmmkrz has a reputation beyond repute

well the bad weather I believe means there wont be a rout one way or the other. A score max on either side i'd think decides this one so gimme

Ravens + 15.5 x Under 43

10pt 2 team teaser. x 2 units
Old 10-09-2006, 08:18 PM   #5
country flag TFan1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by flmmkrz View Post
well the bad weather I believe means there wont be a rout one way or the other. A score max on either side i'd think decides this one so gimme

Ravens + 15.5 x Under 43

10pt 2 team teaser. x 2 units
Wow 10 points is quite a play, no such option at my book. Must be a lot of chalk on that...
Old 10-09-2006, 08:48 PM   #6
bad gambler

Fade away...

Broncos to cover -5 v Ravens - $1.85

good luck
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 08:56 PM   #7
country flag TFan1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler View Post
Fade away...

Broncos to cover -5 v Ravens - $1.85

good luck
If that is the plan that is the thing to do as the public is all over the Ravens and the points.
Old 10-09-2006, 08:58 PM   #8
bad gambler

Ravens 5-0 ATS in the last 5 starts between the two teams
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 08:59 PM   #9
country flag flmmkrz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFan1156 View Post
Wow 10 points is quite a play, no such option at my book. Must be a lot of chalk on that...
hell yeah but after big bens performance I got a little catching up to do to break even for the weekend. Course if it goes the other way my weekend goes from break even to really brutal lol.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:17 PM   #10
country flag TFan1156

Quote:
hell yeah but after big bens performance I got a little catching up to do to break even for the weekend. Course if it goes the other way my weekend goes from break even to really brutal lol.
Football is like betting on a street brawl and the home team so often has the edge in adrenaline. Rivers took the momentum away from the Steelers and it just steamrolled from there. The kid will be around a long time...
Old 10-09-2006, 09:42 PM   #11
country flag callitasicit

callitasicit has a reputation beyond reputecallitasicit has a reputation beyond reputecallitasicit has a reputation beyond reputecallitasicit has a reputation beyond reputecallitasicit has a reputation beyond reputecallitasicit has a reputation beyond reputecallitasicit has a reputation beyond reputecallitasicit has a reputation beyond reputecallitasicit has a reputation beyond reputecallitasicit has a reputation beyond reputecallitasicit has a reputation beyond repute

What scares me is when there is really bad weather there are usually turnovers, am I right? That could lead to some scores. Some one please set me straight as I am hoping I'm wrong. I chose the under 34 when the line first came out.
callitasicit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 10:14 PM   #12
country flag TFan1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by callitasicit View Post
What scares me is when there is really bad weather there are usually turnovers, am I right? That could lead to some scores. Some one please set me straight as I am hoping I'm wrong. I chose the under 34 when the line first came out.
Turnovers could lead to scores but with the qualities of these two defenses they may well not, depends on where they happen... I used to think that weather was about sure to slow down scoring but not always, slows down the defenders and can facilitate breakaways runs. Read Ernie_Money`s thread, he is on the under 33 and makes a case for it. Too tight for me though, is why I`m on a teaser and whatever way you go with it, think that is the best way to go tonight.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:18 PM   #13
country flag TFan1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler View Post
Ravens 5-0 ATS in the last 5 starts between the two teams
True enough, join the party with the Ravens +5 or +4.5 now... The public does win sometimes...

Last edited by TFan1156 : 10-09-2006 at 10:21 PM.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:21 PM   #14
country flag flmmkrz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFan1156 View Post
Football is like betting on a street brawl and the home team so often has the edge in adrenaline. Rivers took the momentum away from the Steelers and it just steamrolled from there. The kid will be around a long time...
Quite honestly up to that point my weekend was profitable but made the mistake of not going with my numbers and went with my gut thinking the champs couldnt lose to a rook on nationwide. 2nd time in as many weeks my gut and my numbers were different and I made the wrong choice again. Back with my numbers today as I have the game as a pick em so plus 2 scores I like that and the under with some cushion I like as well with my numbers. Need more discipline in making my plays as the gut feelings get me in trouble more times than not.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:28 PM   #15
country flag TFan1156

Quote:
Quite honestly up to that point my weekend was profitable but made the mistake of not going with my numbers and went with my gut thinking the champs couldnt lose to a rook on nationwide. 2nd time in as many weeks my gut and my numbers were different and I made the wrong choice again. Back with my numbers today as I have the game as a pick em so plus 2 scores I like that and the under with some cushion I like as well with my numbers. Need more discipline in making my plays as the gut feelings get me in trouble more times than not.
No one expected the kid to come out and play like God in the second half. Had he done that in Baltimore the Ravens would have a lose... I won the Jags and the Eagles against about all advice, an over total, and lost about all my profits playing with the Steelers who were doing well and came to play but just got upended by an unexpected variable.