Dutch Premier Division, 29/09 - 01/10 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-29-2006, 01:33 PM   #1
country flag Straby

Straby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dutch Premier Division, 29/09 - 01/10

Like the unders in tonights match. NEC haven't scored in their last 3 matches, while Heracles are goalless on their travels this season.

NEC vs. Heracles, under 2,5 goals @ 1.95.

Will look into the other matches on Sat/Sun later.
Straby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2006, 08:47 PM   #2
country flag Straby

Straby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dutch Premier Division, 29/09 - 01/10

NEC win 2-0, good start to the weekend.
Old 09-29-2006, 10:27 PM   #3
country flag SwiSha

SwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond repute

nice one straby
SwiSha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 10:22 AM   #4
country flag Straby

Hmm, the only match I like tonight is the Rotterdam derby: Excelsior v Sparta. The odds are purely based on current form, but what's that worth in a derby? I like Sparta in this one, it's do or die for them after their bad start to the season. Excelsior are performing a bit above their potential at the moment.
I feel Sparta have the edge on the midfield, with powerhouses like Obodai and Rose.

Have to decide wheter to play Sparta ML or to be a boy and play the (0) asian.
Old 09-30-2006, 01:03 PM   #5
country flag Straby

Screw it, I'm going for it:

Sparta to beat Excelsior @ 3.20.
Old 09-30-2006, 01:38 PM   #6
country flag Dahli

Dahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond repute

Nice pick yesterday ^O^; I didn't play that game, and I have been quite busy to write my "analysis" for other games.

I don't really like the matches this weekend; very hard to predict but juicy odds to still take a pick. I won't be playing FC Twente - RKC; The odds for Twente are way to low vs an okay team as RKC. RKC could somehow change and get a point or something.

I do like the Excelsior - Sparta game; It is still quite bizar that Excelsior still doing this well. Okay, I won't rate them as the weakest team in the league anymore, but they only have a couple of players who are really of the Eredivisie level. Sparta on the other hand needs points, definitely needs a win. I like the odds, although Excelsior has been strong at home. I think this game will be the chance for Sparta to take the three points and they will do that this time in the derby. Picking Sparta to win @ 3.55 for 3 units at Betfair.

Willem II - Roda JC is an interesting game. I would have expected more from Willem II, but they have all their important strikers injured, which is obviously a huge loss. Roda JC is doing suprisingly well. They are playing good football and can find eachother easily. And I think Roda will win today again; they are strong, feeling good and played well vs AZ. Odds of 2.35 are reasonable to pick Roda JC. Picking Roda JC to win @ 2.44 for 5 units at Betfair.

Tomorrow's games are hard to predict. AZ will probably have an easy afternoon versus ADO at home, but the odds are way too low. I still don't touch any Feyenoord game; I even think the value is with NAC X2. Feyenoord is still not more then an average team which is playing for the 7th place or something. Excelsior had huge chances last week, could have taken the draw or even the win. I didn't saw the Feyenoord game in the UEFA Cup last thursday, but from what I've read and heard, it was very close and they were even a bit lucky to go through. It is just one big mess. Normally you would say they will win, but you are crazy to back a team in this form against those odds.

Heerenveen - PSV and Utrecht - Ajax are very interesting games; both games are a subtop vs a top team with some rivalry between. Heerenveen is really strong at home and they just have a decent team. PSV is still without the strikers Farfan and Kluivert. The drawback for me to not place a bet on Heerenveen is the fact that I am not sure how they will handle the European midweek match. They are not used to that, where as PSV is. The rivalry between the two teams occured due a goodbye speech in a somehow private meeting from the retiring chairman of Heerenveen, who said some things about the PSV staff and board.

Utrecht - Ajax is a huge game for the Utrecht fans and players, huge rivalry between the two clubs. Utrecht is a fysical playing team and that are just the type of team where Ajax always gets in trouble. They are more agressive, kicking a bit more etc. Ajax is the better team, better players, but versus Roda, who handled the same style as Utrecht, they couldn't do nothing. Another loss for Ajax is the injury of Huntelaar, although Babel and Rosenberg played a decent match on Sunday. Normally I would say an Ajax win, but I think I will skip this game.

The last game is FC Groningen - Vitesse. Groningen, one of the strongest home teams in the league, had a huge chance to go to the next round in the UEFA Cup, but they missed a penalty for 2-0 and were eliminated. That will have disappointed many many people and players obviously. It also has a fysical impact on the players, whereas Vitesse had an easy week after the 4-0 win last weekend. I am just attracted by the odds of Vitesse. The team plays well, has good players and could be definitely taking the 5th spot at the end of the competition, although they had a bad start, but with games versus Ajax and AZ you can expect losing those games. I think that Vitesse can surprise here and will take the three points to Arnhem. It won't be easy, but I like the odds. Picking Vitesse to win @ 4.70 at for 3 units at Betfair, covering it with a 5 units bet on X2 @ 1.94 at Gamebookers.

Thus, the picks:
Picking Sparta to win @ 3.55 for 3 units at Betfair.
Picking Roda JC to win @ 2.44 for 5 units at Betfair.
Picking Vitesse to win @ 4.70 for 3 units at Betfair.
Picking Vitesse X2 @ 1.94 for 5 units at Gamebookers.
Dahli is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 01:49 PM   #7
country flag Straby

Feyenoord were actually showing signs of improvement on Thursday Dahli. There was a fighting spirit in the team which I haven't seen for a long long time. Looks like all the players finally realise that they have to work twice as hard as last season, when they could depend on Kalou/Kuyt.
Not taking them this weekend, but certainly keeping an eye on the odds for the coming weeks.
Old 09-30-2006, 01:54 PM   #8
bad gambler

Sparta-Excelsior is a late start today?
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 01:55 PM   #9
country flag Straby

It's an evening match, yep. 20:00 CET. Clashes with Rugby League unfortunately.
Old 09-30-2006, 01:56 PM   #10
country flag Dahli

Dahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond repute

Starting at 20.00 CET.
Old 09-30-2006, 01:57 PM   #11
bad gambler

Cool well I will be asleep anyway, I'm on it as well. Never shy of a $3+ winner
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 02:01 PM   #12
country flag Dahli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strabavy View Post
Feyenoord were actually showing signs of improvement on Thursday Dahli. There was a fighting spirit in the team which I haven't seen for a long long time. Looks like all the players finally realise that they have to work twice as hard as last season, when they could depend on Kalou/Kuyt.
Not taking them this weekend, but certainly keeping an eye on the odds for the coming weeks.
Well, I didn't watch the game as I was in the Arena for the Ajax game, but I heard they still didn't play well. At this moment any team is coming to the Kuip for at least a point, instead of keeping the score as low as possible as it was for a period of time.

There is still a lot of pressure from the outside as well, Koeman is acting different, more agressive to players that they have to perform. Then there is the situation of the striker. Charisteas is injured, Van Hooijkdonk too old, Ali Bousabon and Kolkka not good enough for the level Feyenoord would like to be. And of course the whole chairman discussion. This weekend there will be again protests that the chairman of Feyenoord should step down. It is just not easy to pick up a good form in this situation. Versus Veendam for the Cup Feyenoord really played awfull. And on the other hand, NAC had a decent 60min performance vs Ajax, and are now unbeaten for 3 matches. I seriously think they could get a draw here.
Old 09-30-2006, 10:37 PM   #13
country flag Straby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strabavy View Post
Screw it, I'm going for it:

Sparta to beat Excelsior @ 3.20.
Rotterdam West, useless as always.
Old 10-01-2006, 03:18 PM   #14
country flag Straby

Dammit Dahli, how unlucky are you with Vitesse. Freakin unreal.
Old 10-01-2006, 05:06 PM   #15
country flag Dahli

Thus, the picks:
Picking Sparta to win @ 3.55 for 3 units at Betfair. LOST
Picking Roda JC to win @ 2.44 for 5 units at Betfair. WON
Picking Vitesse to win @ 4.70 for 3 units at Betfair. LOST
Picking Vitesse X2 @ 1.94 for 5 units at Gamebookers. LOST

New record: 18 - 15, +18.

I know Straby... Unbelievable...

1-3 up, 3-3 in 89th min, 92th min they score the 4-3...

Last edited by Dahli : 10-01-2006 at 05:26 PM.