Cincinnati report & pictures - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-21-2006, 02:02 AM   #1
tall_one

tall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cincinnati report & pictures

Sunday the 13th
Woke up a bit late so i had to throw my stuff together quick and race out the door. Took the wrong exit and got lost going to Mason just about gave up and went home. anyway i finally found my way. Spend 5 minutes walking to the ticket booth and another 5 waiting in line. Ticket was only $10 walk in and see order of play, decide there is no one i really care to see so i take off to the practice courts. it is close to noon, Marat's fav time to practice so i'm hopeful. Fans have full access to the courts there Get there and spend the next half hour deciding wether or not i am watching Mathieu, Ferrer & Fish practice. Still not sure so i'll let their fans decide if that is who they are whoops, pic of Mardy didn't turn out. ah well.

about noon Fish leaves and Paradorn shows up with Walt in tow
i was going to be evil and take a pic of Walt with his shirt off but i figured i'd be nice... for once

experience DENIAL
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=76493

Last edited by tall_one : 08-21-2006 at 02:06 AM.
tall_one is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2006, 02:03 AM   #2
tall_one

tall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cincinnati report & pictures

about 12:30 the crowd starts mumbling, after i few seconds of trying to figure out what they are saying i finally hear it. Safin. my head jerks up and i start searching for him. i see some guy signing autographs but almost instantly dismiss him - he is too short to be Marat. damn. i continue searching when i see another figure further up who is much taller. I can't see though the court cover to be sure but he is tall and walks just like Marat. With baited breathe i wait the final few seconds for him to appear on the practice court. He walks though the door and woohoooooo it is Marat! Massu (and his coach?) walk in with Marat, grab the chairs and go sit in the shade.

they wait for Mathieu & Ferrer to finish and then start practing.

i hear mumblings again, this time for James Blake who walks into the court next to Marat and starts practicing
Unfortunately he is too far away to get a good pic.

experience DENIAL

Last edited by tall_one : 08-21-2006 at 02:07 AM.
Old 08-21-2006, 02:03 AM   #3
tall_one

Marat & Massu finish playing so i leave to find a good place to stand for when Marat comes out. Park my butt next to the exit for the practice courts and i wait. I delete out the crappy pics why i wait. i really need a quicker camera After 5 minutes James walks by with his head down. i barely even noticed him Another 5 minutes pass and finally i see Marat coming. I start taking a video, he darn near ran into me lol i guess i picked a good spot! I follow taking pictures and watching him sign autographs. I have nothing to sign so i don't bother.

he finally leaves and i turn to walk back to the practice courts. I am walking behide 2 or the security people when i hear Marat's name. The one is telling the other how some of the players, like Marat, are really nice and sign autographs and how others almost run from the fans.

I make a quick run through the practice courts to see who is there. Nadal, Ljubicic & Berdych are all practicing. I managed to get a pic of the 1st two but Berdych kept hiding from me lol

i decide to head home. Despite the fact i have sunscreen on and have been in the sun for less then 3 hours, i can see that i am starting to burn and have a headache from the bright light. so off i go... till Tuesday anyway lol

experience DENIAL

Last edited by tall_one : 08-21-2006 at 02:08 AM.
Old 08-21-2006, 02:04 AM   #4
tall_one

Default Re: Cincinnati report & picturs

reserved for Tuesday's report

experience DENIAL

Old 08-21-2006, 02:04 AM   #5
tall_one

reserved for Tuesday's report also lol

experience DENIAL

Old 08-21-2006, 02:04 AM   #6
tall_one

wednesday's

experience DENIAL

Old 08-21-2006, 02:06 AM   #7
tall_one

last one. no idea when the other will come but i wanted to have them all in one place not spaced thoughout a thread so sorry for the empty posts

experience DENIAL

Old 08-21-2006, 05:11 AM   #8
country flag Curls

Curls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond repute

Nicki!! ... great pics, what a lucky lucky gal

==========================================

Don't cry because it's over ...
be happy because it happened.

Curls is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 07:50 AM   #9
country flag {Annie}

{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute

Nicki... great work sister!!!!
Igor Andreev
Mitya Torsonoff
Zhenya Korolev

MOHAMED LAHYANI
{Annie} is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 08:11 AM   #10
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks a bunch Nicki!!!! Gorgeous pics!!!!!! The first pic is Tommy Robredo not Ferrer so I guess he was training with Paulo.
MariaV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 10:58 AM   #11
country flag Deea

Deea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond repute

Nice work Nicky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Federer on Marat Safin, AO 2009
Anyway, I love playing against the guy. He brings something different to the tennis world with his character, the way he is on the court and the way he is off the court. He's larger than life.
Deea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote