Thanakorn to rescue 'Ball' - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-17-2006, 02:53 AM   #1
country flag i love paradorn

i love paradorn has a reputation beyond reputei love paradorn has a reputation beyond reputei love paradorn has a reputation beyond reputei love paradorn has a reputation beyond reputei love paradorn has a reputation beyond reputei love paradorn has a reputation beyond reputei love paradorn has a reputation beyond reputei love paradorn has a reputation beyond reputei love paradorn has a reputation beyond reputei love paradorn has a reputation beyond reputei love paradorn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thanakorn to rescue 'Ball'

Thanakorn to rescue 'Ball'

[TENNIS] Thanakorn Srichaphan will fly to the US later this month in a bid to help his brother Paradorn regain his confidence ahead of the US Open following the Thai No 1's recent run of poor form at the American hard-court tournaments.

The Srichaphan eldest son said his brother was in need of mental support since playing on the ATP tour without a coach. His father Chanachai stopped accompanying him last year due to heath problems, and Thanakorn has not been on tour with Paradorn since April due to his commitments at Khon Kaen University.

"Confidence is what has been missing from his game. He needs someone in the family to give advice,'' said Thanakorn, who refuses to admit that his brother is not performing well.

"He is still playing good tennis, but the results have not lived up to the fans' expectations, because he has been travelling alone and has no coach to talk to,'' added Thanakorn, who was with Paradorn when he was playing his best tennis of the year and reached the Masters Series in Indian Wells in March.

Paradorn's poor run of form dates back to Wimbledon, where he was dumped in the first round on his favourite surface. More recently, he made an early exit in Los Angeles and again in Washington two weeks ago. A quarter-final in Indianapolis last month was his best showing in the US hard-court series.

Thanakorn said his presence should improve Paradorn's performance in this year's last Grand Slam at the end of this month. He also plans to stay on tour with his brother in Europe after the tournament.

"I'm sure his results will get better, and by the end of the season he should still be in the top 50. If possible we will try to make it the top 20." Paradorn is now 47th in the world.

Meanwhile, South Korean Chung Hee-seok upset local hope Kirati Siributwong as he crushed the Thai 6-3 6-1 in the quarter-finals of the US$10,000 PTT Bangkok Open ITF Men's Future 4 event at the Rama Gardens Hotel yesterday.

The unseeded Chung took advantage of the tired Thai, who seemed to be still feeling the effects of his marathon match with Chinese Yu Xinyuan to book a semi-final spot.

The South Korean next faces second-seed Nick Lindahl of Australia, who defeated sixth-seed Zeng Shaoxuan of China 6-2 6-3.

Top seed Chen Ti of Taiwan survived a scare from South Korean seventh-seed An Jae-sung, winning the match 4-6 7-5 6-3. He will take on American fourth-seed Jonathan Chu, who knocked out Israeli qualifier Victor Kolik in straight sets 6-1 6-2.

Lerpong Amsa-ngiam

The Nation

yo, thanakorn got him to SF in Indian wells, let's see if he can get him far in USO.
i love paradorn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote