Wimbledon: Rusedski out, next up Gonzalez! Revenge time soon! - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-28-2006, 01:33 PM   #1
country flag Deea

Deea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wimbledon: Rusedski out, next up Gonzalez! Revenge time soon!

Yesterday was Marat's first match in Wimbledon this year...and it went great! Marat played wonderfully and only made 9 UEs! As Marat said himself, it was one of his cleanest matches since his comeback:

Q. Today was pretty clean. You haven't played that clean in a while.

MARAT SAFIN: Much better than before, that's for sure. Past couple of months, I couldn't really get myself together. Today I just had to concentrate a little bit, pay attention to his serve. I had to be a hundred percent on the court and try to look for my opportunities because if you are not sharp, you have basically no chance against him because this is his surface, he's lefty, and he's good at the net. He's the kind of player that nobody likes to play against on these surfaces.

Final score: a triple 6-4!!! Marat looked very confident throught the whole match, kept focused until the end and so he produced a very nice win. Everybody is now happy...oh well, maybe the Brits are not that happy!

Oh, and a new funny quote from our Russian:

Q. The fact that you cut your hair, does it give you more strength?
MARAT SAFIN: I'm faster (smiling).

Next up is an old "friend" - FERNANDO GONZALEZ, the South-American who eliminated Marat in the first round of Roland Garros this year. Marat and us, his fans, are hungry for revenge! Of course, we're talking of another surface, grass, which by far is not Marat's favourite, but if he manages to put it all together like he did yesterday, we shall feel the sweet taste of Revenge! the HTH stats say Marat is up with 2-1...hopefully soon that will be replaced by a 3-1!!!

DAVAI MARAT! You've got all the support from the IOM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Federer on Marat Safin, AO 2009
Anyway, I love playing against the guy. He brings something different to the tennis world with his character, the way he is on the court and the way he is off the court. He's larger than life.
Deea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote