I got a girlfriend - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Reply

Old 05-27-2006, 10:51 AM   #61
country flag Peta Pan
Same as it ever was
 
Peta Pan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: AUSTRALIA
Posts: 19,994
Peta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I got a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb_uk
Well when I was younger I did always love to be with friends, never usually alone haha. But then I moved school, and the school was full of assholes (so thats when I decided to focus hard on my studies, and forget about friends). Of course, all my old friends were at my previous school; so I never really saw them anymore. From that time, I have never really had friends outside of college/uni etc.

You realise your older friends arent true friends anyway, I got pissed off with ringing up them to go play tennis, or come round my house etc, whilst they never returned the favour. So I didnt bother wasting my time with them.

I prefer to do stuff alone or stay at home, use the computer, watch the tv, listen to some music etc. I read a comment in a magazine for someone who was similar to me and his wife was bitching about how he used the computer too much, and he said "the internet is alot more interesting than girls". Thats how I feel to, there are fare more important things and more interesting things than friends to me

I have recently started going to music gigs/shows, but I go alone as I have no friends to go with; and anyway I prefer to go alone (then I can chat to people there who I meet, if I want to). Half the time I do not want to speak to someone, so it works well.

What I seem to find is that alot of people seem to think its sad, and wierd that you dont have any friends. I hope I meet someone who isnt like that. As for the kids thing, as I said before the problem will be finding a worthy partner/mother, thats the hard part!
Holy crap, you ARE a male version of me

It's the football I usually go to alone... although I met some nice older ladies on the train one day and organised my reserved season seat with them.

If I go on holiday I go with my dad because I don't have anyone else to go with - and I know that if I DID go with people my age they'd want to party all the time when I just want to sightsee all the time.

I guess as long as we are happy with our lot then it's everyone else's problem if they think it is sad
Peta Pan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 05-27-2006, 05:56 PM   #62
country flag joeb_uk
Senior Member
 
joeb_uk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 8,653
joeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I got a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peta Pan
Holy crap, you ARE a male version of me

It's the football I usually go to alone... although I met some nice older ladies on the train one day and organised my reserved season seat with them.

If I go on holiday I go with my dad because I don't have anyone else to go with - and I know that if I DID go with people my age they'd want to party all the time when I just want to sightsee all the time.

I guess as long as we are happy with our lot then it's everyone else's problem if they think it is sad

Ahhh yes last year I went on holiday with my parents Preety boring, but at least I was able to go off on my own and go take photos or do what I want. We hired a car, and my parents drove me to some places I wanted to go, so I could look at the sights and take photos, so that was nice. Would hate to go with loads of people though, would rather go alone. But I am not really responsible enough, or maybe competent in life situations (is more the right term) to go travelling alone . I have in the past few years though started travelling around england on my own, trains etc lol, but before that I hadnt really done anything like that. I panic, and get uptight about things so I think its best I didnt go alone.

If I do go somewhere, it will be with my dad I have been to tennis with my dad a few times too
joeb_uk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 01:45 AM   #63
country flag Peta Pan
Same as it ever was
 
Peta Pan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: AUSTRALIA
Posts: 19,994
Peta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I got a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb_uk
Ahhh yes last year I went on holiday with my parents Preety boring, but at least I was able to go off on my own and go take photos or do what I want. We hired a car, and my parents drove me to some places I wanted to go, so I could look at the sights and take photos, so that was nice. Would hate to go with loads of people though, would rather go alone. But I am not really responsible enough, or maybe competent in life situations (is more the right term) to go travelling alone . I have in the past few years though started travelling around england on my own, trains etc lol, but before that I hadnt really done anything like that. I panic, and get uptight about things so I think its best I didnt go alone.

If I do go somewhere, it will be with my dad I have been to tennis with my dad a few times too
I was about 17 when I went to the Aus Open for the first time and I went on my own and got SO worked up about it beforehand. I desperately wanted to go and no one else in my family likes tennis so I had to make myself go alone.

I don't have so many problems going places alone anymore, but I would if I was going on holiday alone which is why when travelling around Australia I always go with dad (Australia is a BIG place so holidays here are always a big trip ). However next year I am going to Canada and I'm going alone so although I'm excited, I'm extremely nervous too I'll be doing the west side with a tour group so I won't get lost but before coming home I want to travel over to the east on my own and that is when I'll get all panicky and uptight!
Peta Pan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 09:51 PM   #64
country flag Bagelicious
Registered User
 
Bagelicious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,640
Bagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I got a girlfriend

@ the conversation about not having friends.

One of the best ways to meet people is through your friends - they can hook you up with interesting people that aren't totally unattractive/psycho who have stuff in common with you.

You don't have to be best friends with everyone, most people usually only have a couple of really close friends. It's nice knowing that there's at least a couple of people out there apart from family who will always put up with you and are willing to support you through tough times. But even just keeping in touch with casual acquaintances (tennis/Eco101/chess club buddies) once in a while can help you meet more people you enjoy spending time with.

And the world is full of so many different types of people - you can always find some people your age that don't necessarily fit into a stereotype and share some common interests.


I hope I don't sound judgemental or preachy.
__________________
Emotions of a Safin fan


I smell bagels!!! Lots of them!!!

Last edited by Bagelicious : 06-10-2006 at 04:52 AM.
Bagelicious is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 04:11 PM   #65
country flag Langers
Registered User
 
Langers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Age: 26
Posts: 4,051
Langers has a reputation beyond reputeLangers has a reputation beyond reputeLangers has a reputation beyond reputeLangers has a reputation beyond reputeLangers has a reputation beyond reputeLangers has a reputation beyond reputeLangers has a reputation beyond reputeLangers has a reputation beyond reputeLangers has a reputation beyond reputeLangers has a reputation beyond reputeLangers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I got a girlfriend

I’ve realised what the problem is. I’m completely overwhelmed whenever I talk to a hot girl. In my class on a Wednesday it’s a large group and I’m constantly talking with lots of girls. There are these 2 girls who I speak to quite often, one is extremely good looking and the other one is cute. I have no problems talking to the cute girl, but when it comes to the really attractive one don’t have much confidence. So that's what the problem is, but in saying that things seem to be going alright…
Langers is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 04:16 PM   #66
country flag liptea
Registered User
 
liptea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: In Carlos Moya's heart. Possibly also his pants.
Posts: 4,176
liptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I got a girlfriend

THE SAME THING HAPPENS TO ME ALL THE TIME:

I see him, next to me. His dark brown hair and his sweet brown eyes. His sleeveless shirts and Mallorcan tan. We just drank champagne out of his 98 French Open trophy. I stroke the tatoo on his arm and the one on his hip.

and it's never real. *le sigh*
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyday View Post
If I want to write something on any thread then I'll do it on my own time
liptea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 04:44 PM   #67
country flag MisterQ
Registered User
 
MisterQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 17,115
MisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I got a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by liptea
THE SAME THING HAPPENS TO ME ALL THE TIME:

I see him, next to me. His dark brown hair and his sweet brown eyes. His sleeveless shirts and Mallorcan tan. We just drank champagne out of his 98 French Open trophy. I stroke the tatoo on his arm and the one on his hip.

and it's never real. *le sigh*


That's a good reason to win a second RG title... so you can entertain more guests.
__________________
Last of the moon-and-volley specialists.

I believe in luck. How else can you explain the success of those you don't like? ---Jean Cocteau
MisterQ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 06:49 PM   #68
country flag AgassiDomination
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: USA
Age: 26
Posts: 5,383
AgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I got a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langers
I’ve realised what the problem is. I’m completely overwhelmed whenever I talk to a hot girl. In my class on a Wednesday it’s a large group and I’m constantly talking with lots of girls. There are these 2 girls who I speak to quite often, one is extremely good looking and the other one is cute. I have no problems talking to the cute girl, but when it comes to the really attractive one don’t have much confidence. So that's what the problem is, but in saying that things seem to be going alright…
When you say, 'cute' you mean unattractive!

If your confidence is low, just think of all of your accomplishments and how good your future looks. That's what I do.
AgassiDomination is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 07:04 PM   #69
country flag joeb_uk
Senior Member
 
joeb_uk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 8,653
joeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I got a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgassiDomination
When you say, 'cute' you mean unattractive!

If your confidence is low, just think of all of your accomplishments and how good your future looks. That's what I do.
Well guys have a different meaning of cute to girls, to hear a girl call me cute is an insult (well anyway the way I would use cute). Cute I would use for someone who looks young, innocent and sweet looking (Everything thats unattractive physically in a guy). Maybe thats what cute means to langers?

There is a huge difference between hot and cute, but it seems alot of girls are now using them for the same purpose. That being said, I still would hate being called cute
joeb_uk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 04:45 AM   #70
country flag Langers
Registered User
 
Langers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Age: 26
Posts: 4,051
Langers has a reputation beyond reputeLangers has a reputation beyond reputeLangers has a reputation beyond reputeLangers has a reputation beyond reputeLangers has a reputation beyond reputeLangers has a reputation beyond reputeLangers has a reputation beyond reputeLangers has a reputation beyond reputeLangers has a reputation beyond reputeLangers has a reputation beyond reputeLangers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I got a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb_uk
Well guys have a different meaning of cute to girls, to hear a girl call me cute is an insult (well anyway the way I would use cute). Cute I would use for someone who looks young, innocent and sweet looking (Everything thats unattractive physically in a guy). Maybe thats what cute means to langers?

There is a huge difference between hot and cute, but it seems alot of girls are now using them for the same purpose. That being said, I still would hate being called cute
That's exactly right. That's what I mean when using 'cute'. It's not bad at all.
Langers is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 04:51 AM   #71
country flag Bagelicious
Registered User
 
Bagelicious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,640
Bagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I got a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajonie
But even just keeping in touch with casual acquaintances (tennis/Eco101/chess club buddies) once in a while can help you meet more people you enjoy spending time with.
Damn, I'm single again. Time to take my own advice.
__________________
Emotions of a Safin fan


I smell bagels!!! Lots of them!!!
Bagelicious is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 04:52 AM   #72
country flag Chloe le Bopper
Registered User
 
Chloe le Bopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Munchkin Land
Posts: 28,276
Chloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I got a girlfriend

If you're looking for phone numbers I have a few that I keep in my purse to laugh at. I think people give them to me when they're drunk.
__________________
I lack direction.

Chocking makes me sad.
Chloe le Bopper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 05:15 AM   #73
country flag Bagelicious
Registered User
 
Bagelicious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,640
Bagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I got a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe le Bopper
If you're looking for phone numbers I have a few that I keep in my purse to laugh at. I think people give them to me when they're drunk.
Thanks for the offer. I'm good for this weekend though, watching the French Open Final and then going to Montreal for a few days . And party at my house when I get back next weekend! Wait a minute... how did my life suddenly become interesting? And I was feeling so bored and depressed about it too!
__________________
Emotions of a Safin fan


I smell bagels!!! Lots of them!!!
Bagelicious is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 05:37 AM   #74
country flag Chloe le Bopper
Registered User
 
Chloe le Bopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Munchkin Land
Posts: 28,276
Chloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I got a girlfriend

FUnny how that happens. I'm supposed go to watch Monster trucks this weekend, because yet another friend has yet another friend "Dave" that they'd like me to meet. Yawn. Could my friends stop being friends with single men named Dave? Thanks. And Monster trucks?! Seriously. I'm only showing up so that I can get crudely drunk before 7pm, eat a hot dog, and embarass a few people.
__________________
I lack direction.

Chocking makes me sad.
Chloe le Bopper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 06:03 AM   #75
country flag liptea
Registered User
 
liptea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: In Carlos Moya's heart. Possibly also his pants.
Posts: 4,176
liptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I got a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterQ


That's a good reason to win a second RG title... so you can entertain more guests.
more guests? psh. My dreams usually end when I walk in on him and Rafael. with more champagne, we'd probably be entertaining Andy Roddick and Roger Federer and I'd definitely be out in the cold.

Damn that Moya.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyday View Post
If I want to write something on any thread then I'll do it on my own time
liptea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios