Experiences with a German internet provider - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-08-2006, 08:21 PM   #1
country flag Jelena

Jelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond repute
Default Experiences with a German internet provider

I haven't been online for nearly 6 weeks now, but that has a reason. I want to tell you the story, because it's too unreal to be true.

In the end of 2005 my mum terminated the contract with our internet provider to March 31st, 2006. In February she was called of a call-center of the provider and the telephonist tried to convince her to stay at the provider. But she didn't want to stay. In April we changed the provider and everything was great. I had my speed-connection I wanted to have, she had the lower prices she wanted to have, so everything ok. In mid April we got a letter of our (now) former provider: "Thanks for choosing us" and the usual blah-blah....We sent them a letter that we WERE customers of them but we terminated the contract. And all costings we will have we will put them in a bill. (Don't know how to say that in English, but we want them to pay us everything we have to pay because they make us problems.) We didn't get an answer to that letter until today.....
At May 2nd mum did two urgent phone calls in the morning and went into the web to get a site she currently works with. At about noon she wants to do another call, but the phone is dead. In the afternoon she wanted to reenter the web, but "the page cannot be found". She thought that it was a problem of the provider and it will be solved the next day. The next morning she again wanted to enter the web, but now there appeared a page of our former provider: "You're entering with the wrong dates" Now she realizes what happened. But how should she resolve the problem?? She doesn't have neither phone nor web. So she borrowed a wireless phone of neighbours and called a service number of our provider. "We can't do anything, you have to call the (former) provider." Several calls to get there a person on a phone. "We do have a contract with you" "No you haven't. I'm 65 years old, but I'm not senile. I know what I signed and what not. And with you I didn't sign a contract." At the end she drove 35 km to the headquarter of the former provider. There she told an employee what happened. He showed her the contract they have. Mum looked at this contract and told the man: "Give me a sheet of paper and a pen." She signed on that paper and proved that way, that the signature was falsificated. The employee said, we would need to go to the provider to get our phone number back. So mum went to a shop of our provider. There she was said, that it would be much easier to apply a new phone number. "No I don't want that. I want my phone number back, that I have since 1977!" "That can last...."
The next day I couldn't call my mother, when I missed a train to get back home, and that's why I arrived at home 90 mins later than normal. In mid May we got a letter of the former provider that they would return us our phone number "as stipulated" on Apr 11, 2008 . We went to a lawyer, who said he wouldn't have the time to attend to our interests. In the meanwhile, we got another lawyer who cares for that stuff now. We didn't have phone from May 2nd until May 30th. And then we had to wait until today to get the web-connection again.

So that is my story for now. It is actually too unreal to be true, but I really experienced that. But I'm soooo happy to be online again.

Bolo Zenden, Bobo Gille, Zlatan
Jelena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2006, 08:53 PM   #2
country flag Washa Koroleva

Washa Koroleva has a reputation beyond reputeWasha Koroleva has a reputation beyond reputeWasha Koroleva has a reputation beyond reputeWasha Koroleva has a reputation beyond reputeWasha Koroleva has a reputation beyond reputeWasha Koroleva has a reputation beyond reputeWasha Koroleva has a reputation beyond reputeWasha Koroleva has a reputation beyond reputeWasha Koroleva has a reputation beyond reputeWasha Koroleva has a reputation beyond reputeWasha Koroleva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Experiences with a German internet provider

Wow, I can't believe how much trouble some people can make because of that. It took us 3 months to get internet after we moved but this...

I hope everthing will be solved this time. And I mean not just for a year.

Welcome back.

"Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter."
- Mark Twain
Washa Koroleva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 09:40 PM   #3
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

If I had to go to that headquarter I would kick them in the ass so hard they couldn't sit for weeks . That's really an amazing story . It's weird how those providers can make everything so difficult .

But I'm happy you're back . Next time you can call me, I will kick them for you .
Old 06-08-2006, 11:13 PM   #4
country flag Corinna

Corinna has a reputation beyond reputeCorinna has a reputation beyond reputeCorinna has a reputation beyond reputeCorinna has a reputation beyond reputeCorinna has a reputation beyond reputeCorinna has a reputation beyond reputeCorinna has a reputation beyond reputeCorinna has a reputation beyond reputeCorinna has a reputation beyond reputeCorinna has a reputation beyond reputeCorinna has a reputation beyond repute

somehow that sounds quite familiar to me
my uncle told me to one of his friends the same crap had happened - perhaps they always do it
so annoying