Week 1: Doha, Adelaide, Chennai - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-03-2004, 06:41 PM   #16
BelgianGirl

BelgianGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianGirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Week 1: Qatar, Adelaide, Chennai

Not such a good start, Kristof! Please do better next week!

Good luck to the other guys playing this week!
BelgianGirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2004, 07:54 PM   #17
jumi

jumi has a reputation beyond reputejumi has a reputation beyond reputejumi has a reputation beyond reputejumi has a reputation beyond reputejumi has a reputation beyond reputejumi has a reputation beyond reputejumi has a reputation beyond reputejumi has a reputation beyond reputejumi has a reputation beyond reputejumi has a reputation beyond reputejumi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: Week 1: Qatar, Adelaide, Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by wimanna
Christophe is also playing in Doha

probably: O Rochus vs. Chela
hmm...maybe one of them changed his name
How can there possibly be a mistake in the official draw sheet? That sucks...
But whichever Rochus plays wherever: GOOD LUCK TO BOTH
jumi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 03:04 PM   #18
BelgianGirl

BelgianGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianGirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Week 1: Doha, Adelaide, Chennai

I think Olivier is playing Doha. Apperentely they just put the wrong Rochus at their player list. That sucks indeed!
Because they say his rank is 48 (Ollie's rank) and he starts in the maindraw. If it would be Christophe he would have to play qualies to enter this tournament.
Old 01-04-2004, 03:57 PM   #19
AntennA

AntennA has a reputation beyond reputeAntennA has a reputation beyond reputeAntennA has a reputation beyond reputeAntennA has a reputation beyond reputeAntennA has a reputation beyond reputeAntennA has a reputation beyond reputeAntennA has a reputation beyond reputeAntennA has a reputation beyond reputeAntennA has a reputation beyond reputeAntennA has a reputation beyond reputeAntennA has a reputation beyond repute

also Tom Vanhoudt is playing this week

Chennai (India), $380k, hard
R1: Thierry Ascione/Jean-Rene Lisnard (FRA) vs Harel Levy/Tom Vanhoudt (ISR/BEL)
AntennA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 04:01 PM   #20
country flag misyou25

misyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond repute

Olivier is playing in Doha, Christophe in Adelaide.
misyou25 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 06:39 PM   #21
zoeziepoezie

zoeziepoezie has a reputation beyond reputezoeziepoezie has a reputation beyond reputezoeziepoezie has a reputation beyond reputezoeziepoezie has a reputation beyond reputezoeziepoezie has a reputation beyond reputezoeziepoezie has a reputation beyond reputezoeziepoezie has a reputation beyond reputezoeziepoezie has a reputation beyond reputezoeziepoezie has a reputation beyond reputezoeziepoezie has a reputation beyond reputezoeziepoezie has a reputation beyond repute

Good start boys! and kristof: good luck for next time!
zoeziepoezie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 06:31 AM   #22
AntennA

AntennA has a reputation beyond reputeAntennA has a reputation beyond reputeAntennA has a reputation beyond reputeAntennA has a reputation beyond reputeAntennA has a reputation beyond reputeAntennA has a reputation beyond reputeAntennA has a reputation beyond reputeAntennA has a reputation beyond reputeAntennA has a reputation beyond reputeAntennA has a reputation beyond reputeAntennA has a reputation beyond repute

Hopman Cup: BelgiŽ - Slovakije 3-0

CLIJSTERS - Hantuchova (Svk) 6-1, 6-2
MALISSE - Kucera (Svk) 6-2, 1-6, 6-1
CLIJSTERS/MALISSE - Hantuchova/Kucera (Svk) 6-2, 6-4

wow, impressive win from Kim! And Xavier coming back from a 1-6 defeat in the 2nd set, that's quit new
Way to go!
Old 01-05-2004, 11:39 AM   #23
jumi

jumi has a reputation beyond reputejumi has a reputation beyond reputejumi has a reputation beyond reputejumi has a reputation beyond reputejumi has a reputation beyond reputejumi has a reputation beyond reputejumi has a reputation beyond reputejumi has a reputation beyond reputejumi has a reputation beyond reputejumi has a reputation beyond reputejumi has a reputation beyond repute

C.ROCHUS - T.Johansson 1:6 3:6
not a good start, Christophe...
Old 01-05-2004, 04:56 PM   #24
BelgianGirl

Good job, Xavier!!
Too bad for Christophe
Old 01-05-2004, 05:24 PM   #25
BelgianGirl

Xavier in the interview after the match :

Xavier, what happened in the second set?

(Malisse) Nothing. I think I got a little pissed because my backhand didnít go really good and I tried to hit it harder and I think, you know, as soon as you try to hit it harder itís going to go wrong. No, but I picked it back up in the third. I felt pretty good about my strokes for the first match but itís going to be a little bit rusty in the beginning, but it was pretty good overall.

It was good tennis for your first match of the season.

(Malisse) Yeah, I feel really happy because I hadnít played for three months. But itís going to be some ups and downs in the beginning, but I felt everything was good Ė just I have to work a little bit more on the backhand and then I think if that gets in place then Iíll feel pretty good.
Xavier, in the second set you seemed a bit unhappy with a line callÖ

(Clijsters) The foot faults!

Öthe foot faults, what was the situation there?

(Malisse) No, there were some in my advantage and disadvantage but there was always on the same line with the same person so I just made it clear to the referee that itís always complaints from the same person. I mean itís the first match too, of course youíre going to get into it. But, Iíve got to let it go. If itís a foot fault thereís nothing I can do. But there were some bad calls, but you know, thatís how it goes.

Was that a distraction from you Ė did your mind wander a bit there during the second set?

(Malisse) Yeah, I think a little bit because at one-one and up 30-15 thereís a bad call Ė thereís a big difference between 30 all or 40-15. If I go 40-15 and then Iím a good chance to go 2-1 up in the second, you have a better chance of getting there and getting confidence. Instead it goes the other way and you get a little anxious and a little mad and then it goes the wrong way.

Is that something youíre working on with your coach Ė when you are on top to keep dominating and not to have a flat patch during the second?

(Malisse) Yeah, definitely. I think last year was a good example. I started getting it under control and I started really enjoying tennis. Itís the first match so Iím going to be a little bit rusty even in tennis and mental part. But thatís why weíve got all these matches to get confident and to get everything under control.

Any tips for Xavier how to beat Lleyton?

(Clijsters) Umm, I donít know. I donít know, well, I think a lot of players have difficulties beating Lleyton so itís going to be a tough one. For me as well against Alicia, you know, she has a great serve. It will be interesting. You know, itís very hard. People have been asking me, you know, how do you look forward to Wednesday and everything and what do you think is going to happen. You know, itís a new experience and Iíve never been in that situation so far to comment on that.
Old 01-06-2004, 01:47 PM   #26
jumi

OLIVIER-Chela 6:1 3:6 5:7 such a tight match...
Old 01-06-2004, 03:03 PM   #27
zoeziepoezie

zoeziepoezie has a reputation beyond reputezoeziepoezie has a reputation beyond reputezoeziepoezie has a reputation beyond reputezoeziepoezie has a reputation beyond reputezoeziepoezie has a reputation beyond reputezoeziepoezie has a reputation beyond reputezoeziepoezie has a reputation beyond reputezoeziepoezie has a reputation beyond reputezoeziepoezie has a reputation beyond reputezoeziepoezie has a reputation beyond reputezoeziepoezie has a reputation beyond repute

olli
zoeziepoezie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 03:05 PM   #28
BelgianGirl

Ollie He must have played a good first set, seeing that score...
Old 01-06-2004, 07:54 PM   #29
country flag misyou25

misyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond repute

I really thought he will win:-(
misyou25 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 07:10 AM   #30
AntennA

Chennai (India), $380k, hard
R1: Thierry Ascione/Jean-Rene Lisnard (FRA) vs Harel Levy/Tom Vanhoudt (ISR/BEL) 7-6(2) 0-6 6-3

not really a great week from the Belgians, next week better?!