2003 World Soccer Awards ( Football) - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-19-2003, 06:07 AM   #1
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2003 World Soccer Awards ( Football)

Good to see the readers of this excellent international magazine aren't as ordinary as the people who judged the award. The winner was Pavel Nedved and totally deserved, though I think Van Nistelrooy was too highly ranked it must be all the global Man Uted fans.

It was interesting to see that others were the highest vote winner in coach of the year, yet no individual coach could get to 2.2 per cent.

POLL DETAILS
WORLD PLAYER OF THE YEAR
Player-----------Club & Country------ % of votes
1) Pavel Nedved (Juventus & Czech Republic) 35.9
2 Ruud Van Nistelrooy (Manchester United & Holland) 9.5
3 Raul (Real Madrid & Spain) 9.1
4 Paolo Maldini (Milan) 8.2
5 Thierry Henry (Arsenal & France) 6.1
6 Ronaldo (Real Madrid & Brazil) 4.3
7 Roy Makaay (Deportivo La Coruna/Bayern Munich & Holland) 4.0
8 Andrii Shevchenko (Milan & Ukraine) 2.8
9 Roberto Carlos (Real Madrid & Brazil) 2.6
10 David Beckham (Man Utd/Real Madrid & England) 2.1
Others 15.4

COACH OFTHE YEAR
1 Carlo Ancelotti (Milan) 19.6
2 Marcello Lippi (Juventus) 11.4
3 Jose Mourinho (FC Porto) 10.9
4 Alex Ferguson (Manchester United) 7.5
5 Martin O'Neill (Celtic) 6.0
6 Carlos Bianchi (Boca Juniors) 5.4
7 Raynald Denoueix (Real Sociedad) 4.1
8 Vicente Del Bosque (Real Madrid) 3.0
9 Jacques Santini (France) 2.8
10 Felix Magath (Stuttgart) 2.2
Others 27.1

TEAM OF THE YEAR
1 Milan 23.4
2 Juventus 13.8
3 Real Madrid 10.5
4 Boca Juniors 7.5
5 FC Porto 5.6
6 Czech Republic 5.2
7 France 4.9
8 Real Sociedad 3.9
9 Celtic 2.2
10 Stuttgart 1.7
Others 21.3
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2003, 06:53 AM   #2
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2003 World Soccer Awards ( Football)

Gattuso slams World Player of the Year award

Milan midfielder Gennaro Gattuso has criticised the decision to award this year's FIFA World Player of the Year to Real Madrid's Zinedine Zidane, claimimg there were more credible candidates in Italy who were overlooked.

Frenchman Zidane claimed the award - voted for by 142 national coaches - despite his club's indifferent 2002-03 season.

"With all (due) respect to Zidane, who is without doubt one of the best players in the world, if I look at his season I think to myself: 'So what?'," Gattuso told Gazzetta dello Sport on Thursday.

"If the prize is going to be handed out solely on the basis of talent, then Diego Maradona should have won it every single year he was playing."

The Italian international claimed that Juventus playmaker Pavel Nedved and Milan defender Paolo Maldini would have been a worthier winner than Zidane.

Gattuso was also perplexed by the decision of the coach of Caribbean islands Turks and Caicos to vote for him.

"What do these coaches base their judgements on?" he asked.

"I went there once on holiday with Christian Vieri. Maybe this guy saw me having a kick around on the beach and liked what he saw.

"But does it seem possible to you that I got one vote and (Roma striker Francesco) Totti didn't get any?

"These prizes don't have credibility anymore. They have more to do with sponsors than real values and results on the pitch".
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 06:59 AM   #3
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

It's a magazine anti-Zidane I see, so not objective. Any interest. But if you're happy with that, we're happy for you...

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 07:40 AM   #4
country flag rassklovn

rassklovn is a splendid one to beholdrassklovn is a splendid one to beholdrassklovn is a splendid one to beholdrassklovn is a splendid one to beholdrassklovn is a splendid one to beholdrassklovn is a splendid one to beholdrassklovn is a splendid one to behold

Far from it, it's not judged by officials, it's judged by readers coming from a global audience and Zidane has previously won this award in 1998. He was clearly not the best player of the 2003, and this was shown that he wasn't in the top 10.

So is France football anti-Zidane? They voted Nedved as their best player of 2003 and these two magazines are the two most respected football magazines globally, and their player of the year awards have more history and prestige than the FIFA award.
rassklovn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 07:56 AM   #5
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

I don't say he was the best player in 2003, but, not put him in the top 10, it's exagered !

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 08:29 AM   #6
country flag rassklovn

rassklovn is a splendid one to beholdrassklovn is a splendid one to beholdrassklovn is a splendid one to beholdrassklovn is a splendid one to beholdrassklovn is a splendid one to beholdrassklovn is a splendid one to beholdrassklovn is a splendid one to behold

Not at all I don't agree with Roberto Carlos being there, then again Zidane can't live off past glories.

He has been a fine player, but he has reached his peak and he wasn't that good last season and the start of this season. I think he got the position he deserved.
rassklovn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 09:15 PM   #7
country flag Ma. Estefania

Ma. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond repute

Kudos for Gattuso.

Though I was cheering for Boca, I think he was one of the best players on the field at that match. He has improved a lot.....he used to be pure kicks to another players, but it's obvious he has improved, and that he deserved that little vote.

Btw.....I agree with you, rassklovn.