*+*+*+* Kicking Off 2006: Davis Cup QF *+*+*+* - Page 53 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-10-2006, 04:02 PM   #781
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: *+*+*+* Kicking Off 2006: Davis Cup QF *+*+*+*

I finally watched the second and third sets of the Tursunov match which I taped (I overslept and missed the first set, the match was stopped after the third set because of another sibling ).

He played too defensively, I think. He actually defended really really well but his passive play cost him in the end because he probably ran out of gas in the fifth.

Like Mag mentioned, there were a few bad line calls (Eric Molina ), one of them on SP in the third. The third set should have been concluded 7-5 instead of going to a TB. The consequence of that was that Tursunov served first in the fourth (an advantage) and Richard was unnecessary riled up by bad line calls in the TB. Both of these, IMO, gave Tursunov the edge in the fourth.

No excuses, though. Richard has to improve on his stamina and has to learn to block out things that go against him like bad line calls....
silverwhite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2006, 06:16 PM   #782
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puschkin
If the injury is serious, withdraw. If not, go out and play, hiding won't help.
What?? You really think he's like that?
Old 04-10-2006, 07:54 PM   #783
country flag richard gasquet

richard gasquet has a reputation beyond reputerichard gasquet has a reputation beyond reputerichard gasquet has a reputation beyond reputerichard gasquet has a reputation beyond reputerichard gasquet has a reputation beyond reputerichard gasquet has a reputation beyond reputerichard gasquet has a reputation beyond reputerichard gasquet has a reputation beyond reputerichard gasquet has a reputation beyond reputerichard gasquet has a reputation beyond reputerichard gasquet has a reputation beyond repute

I watched the Stade2 interview after the Davis Cup and well... richard looked very "affected" by this loss

dont like to see him that way, he is like he lost his parents or what.OK he was so close to beat tursunov, its always difficult to lose when you wanted so much to win and you fought so hard.But well, its just a match, richard is learning and he has to know that tennis pro life is not easy, there will be very tough moments, more defeats to deal with, that 's tennis.But he has so much qualities, talent, love for the game that he cannot be too much disappointed and affected by this tie.He will bounce back, he has to work again and again, he will learn from this tough moments.Champions always learn from defeats to become more stronger and mature about them and their game.Tough period for him but he will come through, he must believe in himself more because he is alone on the court facing another opponent.If he doesnt believe in himself who else will??

I seem perhaps a little bit "harsh" today because I use to be optimistic and positive but seeing richard that way, plus forget said that he doesnt have a good vision about himself makes me sad and also furious because he is too much talented to fall in that kind of "negativeness" he can not not believe in himself, that just and

he has to regroup and go to the fight quickly, play another tournament, not stay thinking about this match.Not the solution at all.
He is learning so has to face some harder moments but its with that kind of tough times that he will get more solid and strong.

Hope that his pain in abdos is not serious, Monte Carlo is "his tournament" he made so great "come back" there and I want to believe that he can do it again this year.Amen.

Allez!
richard gasquet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 09:59 PM   #784
country flag Sweet4Richard

Sweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwhite

Like Mag mentioned, there were a few bad line calls (Eric Molina ), one of them on SP in the third.

No excuses, though. Richard has to improve on his stamina and has to learn to block out things that go against him like bad line calls....
And he's my favortie umpire too

Exactly. Two main things he has to focus on are his stamina and blocking out bad calls (along with improving his return game).

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard gasquet
dont like to see him that way, he is like he lost his parents or what.OK he was so close to beat tursunov, its always difficult to lose when you wanted so much to win and you fought so hard.But well, its just a match, richard is learning and he has to know that tennis pro life is not easy, there will be very tough moments, more defeats to deal with, that 's tennis.But he has so much qualities, talent, love for the game that he cannot be too much disappointed and affected by this tie.He will bounce back, he has to work again and again, he will learn from this tough moments.Champions always learn from defeats to become more stronger and mature about them and their game.Tough period for him but he will come through, he must believe in himself more because he is alone on the court facing another opponent.If he doesnt believe in himself who else will??
Well said and I couldn't agree more with your entire post.

I just hope that Richard's stomatch/abs is okay and that it was only just cramps. I don't want to see him injured again. Get Well Soon, Richard!

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾

Richard "the Federer of Nottingham" Gasquet

Edouard Roger-Vasselin
Sweet4Richard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 10:03 PM   #785
country flag parissima

parissima has a reputation beyond reputeparissima has a reputation beyond reputeparissima has a reputation beyond reputeparissima has a reputation beyond reputeparissima has a reputation beyond reputeparissima has a reputation beyond reputeparissima has a reputation beyond reputeparissima has a reputation beyond reputeparissima has a reputation beyond reputeparissima has a reputation beyond reputeparissima has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Mag. Richie did fight for the match. He really wanted to win... Tried his best, i guess..

I'm still proud of him and keep on supporting him of course. Forgot to say that in the GBCT. ^^

hope his abdominals won't end up being a serious problem...

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Supporting PHM and Richard can cause serious damages to your health
parissima is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 10:28 PM   #786
country flag Daniela_CABJ

Daniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond repute

Richard

Does anyone have good news?

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

*LINK TO RICHARD GASQUET OFFICIAL WEBSITE*

TOMÁŠ BERDYCH
Daniela_CABJ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 06:38 AM   #787
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What?? You really think he's like that?
They all are Some of the "injuries" on the tour are "tactical withdrawals" for one or the other reason.
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 06:42 AM   #788
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard gasquet
Tough period for him but he will come through, he must believe in himself more because he is alone on the court facing another opponent.If he doesnt believe in himself who else will??

I seem perhaps a little bit "harsh" today because I use to be optimistic and positive but seeing richard that way, plus forget said that he doesnt have a good vision about himself makes me sad and also furious because he is too much talented to fall in that kind of "negativeness" he can not not believe in himself, that just and
I totally share this impressions, that is a problem. But as I said earlier, I have faith in his coach and the other people around him, plus learning from defeats is a part of maturing and in this department, there is still a lot to do.
Old 04-11-2006, 06:47 AM   #789
country flag silverwhite

Quote:
They all are Some of the "injuries" on the tour are "tactical withdrawals" for one or the other reason.
If anything, I expect him to withdraw due to fatigue. I mean, he had to rest a few weeks after the Haas match and I don't think he was "hiding" because he got some confidence from that match. This time, it must be twice the fatigue.
Old 04-11-2006, 06:59 AM   #790
country flag Puschkin

Quote:
If anything, I expect him to withdraw due to fatigue. I mean, he had to rest a few weeks after the Haas match and I don't think he was "hiding" because he got some confidence from that match. This time, it must be twice the fatigue.
Withdrawing due to fatigue is human and understandable, but it is not an injury. I don't think players can give fatigue as an "official" reason. If yes, I admit an error.

As for the hiding. There was no need to hide after the Haas-match, while there is a risk of "hiding" now. I just hope, he won't.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:19 AM   #791
country flag silverwhite

Quote:
Withdrawing due to fatigue is human and understandable, but it is not an injury. I don't think players can give fatigue as an "official" reason. If yes, I admit an error.

As for the hiding. There was no need to hide after the Haas-match, while there is a risk of "hiding" now. I just hope, he won't.
I'm not saying that withdrawing because of fatigue is excusable. I'm just saying that if he withdraws, it's more likely because of that than because he wants to "hide". I cited the Haas match as an example of how easily he is fatigued.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:57 PM   #792
country flag richard gasquet

richard gasquet has a reputation beyond reputerichard gasquet has a reputation beyond reputerichard gasquet has a reputation beyond reputerichard gasquet has a reputation beyond reputerichard gasquet has a reputation beyond reputerichard gasquet has a reputation beyond reputerichard gasquet has a reputation beyond reputerichard gasquet has a reputation beyond reputerichard gasquet has a reputation beyond reputerichard gasquet has a reputation beyond reputerichard gasquet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I totally share this impressions, that is a problem. But as I said earlier, I have faith in his coach and the other people around him, plus learning from defeats is a part of maturing and in this department, there is still a lot to do.
Yes you re right.Still a lot to do.

One day hopefully, will come when he will feel real good, everything will be on track, knowing how to play such or such opponents,how to deal with pressure,expectations from the french medias.

Yes he will feel much more pressure with years coming, like amélie mauresmo.Everyone in France expect him to win a slam and especially Roland Garros.23 years since a french won this slam, its just crasy the years passing.

he seems to be able to win one slam one day and everybody, also himself want Roland Garros victory.

He must not put pressure on him because of all these expectations.It could affect him and also his game.I hope for him that he doesnt pay too much attention of what medias can say about him.It would be just ridiculous and useless because medias are just stupid, one day you are a HERO and the day after you 're NOTHING.

I know it by following amélie mauresmo carreer, she just was so sensitive about what people can say about her, she didnt have a good vision of herself and didnt trust about her capacities to win a slam.She had talent, evrything to succeed and win many slams but she didnt trust in herself.

she needed to fall very low, two tough loss in first rounds of tournaments to realize that she cant continue that way anymore.She didnt drop the business and played quickly another tournament and won it whereas allmedias were spitting to her, adviced her to change completely her game,that she is not strong enough mentally etc...CRAPS.

she won the Masters,beating great players and then won her first slam at the Australian Open.She is n°1 right now.

I think every player has his own way to see his game,himself, feel doubts, can fall very low but real Champions always find a way to come back stronger learning about their weaknesses.

Hopefully richard crew will comfort him, advice him the better way. He must trust in himself, always.

Allez!
richard gasquet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 10:12 PM   #793
country flag tennis lover

tennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond repute

I hope the injusy is nothing serious, Monte Carlo always seems to bring out the best in him! And all of Guy's comments about Richard not believing in himself are really worrying, I can't help thinking his poor start to the season is affecting him confidence wise more than he is letting on. All he needs is some good wins to make him believe in himself again. I just hope they will come soon before the damage to his confidence gets too much!

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

tennis lover is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 10:37 PM   #794
country flag zimzim

zimzim has a reputation beyond reputezimzim has a reputation beyond reputezimzim has a reputation beyond reputezimzim has a reputation beyond reputezimzim has a reputation beyond reputezimzim has a reputation beyond reputezimzim has a reputation beyond reputezimzim has a reputation beyond reputezimzim has a reputation beyond reputezimzim has a reputation beyond reputezimzim has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis lover
I hope the injusy is nothing serious, Monte Carlo always seems to bring out the best in him! And all of Guy's comments about Richard not believing in himself are really worrying, I can't help thinking his poor start to the season is affecting him confidence wise more than he is letting on. All he needs is some good wins to make him believe in himself again. I just hope they will come soon before the damage to his confidence gets too much!
I think Richard would be okay as long as he is healthy....I think he'llhave a good clay court season, and continue with the flow for the rest of the season...I still have a lot of faith in him, and I think he'll deliver, but are there any updates on his injury?
zimzim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote