Brasil Bling Bling! No Fun In The Sun and Surf..Just Lots Of Tennis - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-26-2006, 01:26 AM   #151
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brasil Bling Bling! No Fun In The Sun and Surf..Just Lots Of Tennis

I'm really bad at math. But by my calculations, Nico will have 845 points? If I'm right that would put him in the top 40?

I hope I'm right.

If I'm wrong, my apologies.
NicoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2006, 01:39 AM   #152
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

Terra is saying around 40 - and I have a post into Judio to see what he figures out.
Old 02-26-2006, 04:14 AM   #153
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute

I saw the match, the last point was amazing

About the ranking: should be 43/44

Pain is only temporary but victory is forever
Fergie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 09:16 AM   #154
country flag Iza

Iza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats to Nico
and yay for his fans, they had been waiting for this title for ages
Originally Posted by El Mundo
Sergio Ramos joined in the fun, proving he can do anything; he shines as a centre back, as a right back and as a striker.
My pink ego box
Iza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 10:20 AM   #155
country flag Carlita
Bite me.....

Carlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond repute

well done Nico!!!!! Congrats to all Nico fans

(Lynn, I can totally imagine how you're feeling!!! )
Carlita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 10:34 AM   #156
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

I was lazy and slept in this morning - so only just found out the result. So sorry I am late here - but just wanted to say congrats to Nico for winning this title And most of all big :hugs: to all you loyal fans here. You're a great bunch - one of the nicest fan groups on MTF and always make me feel welcome here. Enjoy your great moment for you and your boy. Love you all

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 12:48 PM   #157
country flag NicoFan

Thanks for the congrats everyone!

I woke up this morning with a HUGE smile on my face.
Old 02-26-2006, 01:06 PM   #158
country flag NicoFan

Interview with Nico after his win.

From Radio Cooperativa:

After celebrating his triumph against Spanish Alberto Martin in the finals at Costa do Sauipe, the viñamarino maintained to raise the crown in Brazil is an impulse to confront a full year of challenges.

Has left all well Nicolas Massú (55º of the ATP) in the last few weeks. In fact al to conquer the crown of the ATP of Coast of Sauipe completed its better month after that of damned period" of injuries that removed him of the first places in the rankings.

After playing the AustraliaOpen and to fall in the first round, Massú had a fruitful step by the dust of clay al to reach the final of Vina del Mar, to the quarterfinals of Davis Cup al to defeat to Slovakia in Rancagua, to play of great form before Spanish Carlos Moyá in the second roun of Buenos Aires and to win in Brazil.

"Already I was number nine of the world and I began the year 69º. It is not easy to return, but this victory gives me a lot of confidence for what comes. I want to arrive at Montecarlo inside the 40 better and to be able to arrive at Roland Garros as head of series", maintained Massú.

On its victory for 6-3 and 6-4 on Saturday night front al Spanish Alberto Martin in Brazil, the viñamarino commented: "I played very well. Was one of my better matches of the tournament. To the 4-1 of the second was playing perfect. Later I was a little nervous and cost me to close the encounter, but al final I recovered the concentration".

Massú confidenció that this title has a special flavor, since to last minute maintained the doubt to play in Costo do Sauipe.

"It is true that neither came to play. Was a little tired by the matches of the circuit and of the Davis Cup. It was not the tournament, but a problem with me. Therefore I had to be strong mentally to win the tournament", indicated.

In his immediate agenda, Massú refuses to renounce to play in Acapulco, that would be advisable so that took a rest. Then he will act in the Masters Series of Indian Wells (of the 6 al 19 of March) and Miami (of March 20 al 2 of April). After that will act as visit in the Davis Cup before United States (7, 8 and 9 of April). (Agencies)
Old 02-26-2006, 06:15 PM   #159
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic win for Nico! I'm so happy for him -- his first title of 2006!!! Woo hoo!!

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 06:32 PM   #160
country flag DhammaTiger
May All Beings Be Happy!!

Location: So happy to be back to the City of Angels (Krung Thep)
DhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Nico for a well deserved win Also congratulations to all Nico fans for the drought is over
Old 02-26-2006, 09:19 PM   #161
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

Brasil Open
Costa do Sauipe, Brazil
February 25, 2006
Massu Claims Sixth ATP Title

©Denis Ferreira Netto
Sixth seed Nicolas Massu claimed his sixth career title - and first since his double gold medal performance at the 2004 Athens Olympics - with a 6-3, 6-4 win over Spaniard Alberto Martin at the Brasil Open.
Massu served for the match at 5-2 but had to wait until 5-4 to claim his fifth clay court singles title on his third match point.

Argentine legend Guillermo Vilas and Brazil’s Maria Esther Bueno were on court for the trophy ceremony.

Massu claimed his second title in Latin America, having won Buenos Aires in 2002.

WHAT THE PLAYERS SAID
Massu: "I am very happy since this is my first title since the Olympics. I did get nervous at the end of the match but thanks to God I managed to close it and win this very important title.

"This tournament is great and I see that it improves every year. As the tournament in my country in Vina del Mar I see this Latin American swing as very important since it allows me and the other Latin American players to play in our region.

"I also want to congratulate Beto Martin for a great week. He is a great player and a great person. I also want to acknowledge his coach (Marcos Gorriz) for being also a great professional."

Martin: "I want to congratulate Nicolas for this title. He deserved to win today. This is a great tournament and this was my second final here. I hope I can come back many times and maybe win the title.”

Day 5: Martin, Massu Advance to Final
Day 4: Chela Upset in Brasil Open QF; Martin Advances
Day 3: Gaudio, Volandri, Serra Lose in Second Round
Day 2: Gaudio Advances as Ferrero, Kuerten Fall
Day 1: Vanek Advances to Second Round
http://www.atptennis.com/en/newsands...e_saturday.asp

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 10:49 PM   #162
country flag Chileno

Chileno has a reputation beyond reputeChileno has a reputation beyond reputeChileno has a reputation beyond reputeChileno has a reputation beyond reputeChileno has a reputation beyond reputeChileno has a reputation beyond reputeChileno has a reputation beyond reputeChileno has a reputation beyond reputeChileno has a reputation beyond reputeChileno has a reputation beyond reputeChileno has a reputation beyond repute

I guess Nico was right all along when he decided to play in this tournament. Congrats. Nico!!! I hope you do well in Acapulco and improve your clay-hardcourt transition.
Chileno is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 11:00 PM   #163
country flag LOVELY

LOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond repute

A bit late but congrats Nico and all the Nico fans here

http://nico-massu.over-blog.com/

Nico Massu

Follow through,Make your dreams come true,Don't give up the fight,You will be allright,Cause there's no one like you in the universe (Muse)
LOVELY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 12:18 AM   #164
country flag Sparko1030

Sparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond repute

SO VERY HAPPY FOR OUR NICO!!!!

Well, I can't believe that the one (well, one of the very few) weekends hubby and I are off Nico decides that's the tournament he's going to win!!!! But I did manage to get info one way or another! So happy for Nico after all the heartache of last year. He has really come back this year so your new nickname for him is perfect Nicofan! With this win his confindence should now matches his heart and talent!

YOU ROCK NICO!!!!!

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Best Wishes to: Marcos~Janko~Ivan~Marat~Lucho~Rafa~Tommy H
Gaston-best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

"Its hard to argue against cynics-they always sound smarter than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side." Molly Ivins, 1944-2007
Sparko1030 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 07:04 PM   #165
country flag PoderShileno

PoderShileno has a reputation beyond reputePoderShileno has a reputation beyond reputePoderShileno has a reputation beyond reputePoderShileno has a reputation beyond reputePoderShileno has a reputation beyond reputePoderShileno has a reputation beyond reputePoderShileno has a reputation beyond reputePoderShileno has a reputation beyond reputePoderShileno has a reputation beyond reputePoderShileno has a reputation beyond reputePoderShileno has a reputation beyond repute

CONGRATS NICO ¡¡¡