Nico out for 2/3 months - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-08-2006, 07:33 PM   #16
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nico out for 2/3 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jule81
i read about it today in german teletext...first i was happy that he was mentioned there but when i found out the reason i was really sad and even shocked. i hoped he would have some more luck this season, but to see the positive side...it can´t get worse at all! anyway...just like you all did before i wanna wish him all the best to recover soon!!!
sara, am i allowed to ask how/where you caught him online?!
I had a similar experience, I read about it in my local newspaper. First I was happy to see his name, but when I read the whole article I was really shocked and sad.
I also started the year feeling very ill, had to throw up all night on the first of January and lying in bed for 2 days, because I was really weak of not eating anything.
I'm just so sad that this has to happen to such a nice person .

Get well soon Nico And even though you didn't start the year very well, good luck and best wishes for the rest of it

Old 01-11-2006, 03:57 PM   #17
country flag SaraV

SaraV has a reputation beyond reputeSaraV has a reputation beyond reputeSaraV has a reputation beyond reputeSaraV has a reputation beyond reputeSaraV has a reputation beyond reputeSaraV has a reputation beyond reputeSaraV has a reputation beyond reputeSaraV has a reputation beyond reputeSaraV has a reputation beyond reputeSaraV has a reputation beyond reputeSaraV has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you to those who contributed towards the messages to Nico. I have now sent the package and hopefully he will receive it in Guayaquil in about 7-8 days.

Sara V
SaraV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 04:13 PM   #18
country flag Jule81

Jule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond repute

thank you (again) for giving us this possiblity!

* SOARES * M. LOPEZ * VERDASCO * SIMON *
* ARMANDO * HARTFIELD * GAUDIO * ROBREDO *
Jule81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 04:54 PM   #19
country flag Eléa

Eléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond repute

I wanted to add my own thank you It was a great idea Sara

Marcelo Rios - Hugo Armando (my Hugo's blog) - David Ferrer

all my support to: X-man, Lleyton, Mario, Feli, Diego H, Willy Canas, Ruben, Nico L, Igor, Peter, J-P and Robert & Rameez
to my "pti potes" Diego Junqueira , Gustavo Marcaccio & "Régis" Guzman
and Vince
Le crado Zabaleta "EveRRRybody"
Eléa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 07:32 PM   #20
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Jule and Eléa Thanks!
Old 01-13-2006, 05:36 PM   #21
country flag Jelena

Jelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezzi
I agree with Jule and Eléa Thanks!
Me too!

Bolo Zenden, Bobo Gille, Zlatan
Jelena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 09:15 AM   #22
country flag Kezzi

I miss Nico in the Australian Open. I keep looking for his name when I'm checking the results and then I remember that he isn't there
Old 02-08-2006, 10:42 AM   #23
country flag ms_kt

ms_kt has a reputation beyond reputems_kt has a reputation beyond reputems_kt has a reputation beyond reputems_kt has a reputation beyond reputems_kt has a reputation beyond reputems_kt has a reputation beyond reputems_kt has a reputation beyond reputems_kt has a reputation beyond reputems_kt has a reputation beyond reputems_kt has a reputation beyond reputems_kt has a reputation beyond repute

Hey all... Sara... long time no hear, girl...!! It was different at the Aus Open this year ( just like last year ) without Nico there. I was so used to having him there for so many years...! However, if a lot of you don't know already, I'm a huge fan of the Spaniards especially Feliciano Lopez..! But, it doesn't mean that I haven't or don't follow what's happening with Nico..!! Sara, how determined is Nico to get back onto the tour and getting as close to possible to where he used to be? What's happening with Gio?

Vamos Nando
ms_kt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 09:06 AM   #24
country flag Kezzi

Hi Sara, I also have some questions

Did you hear anything from Nico about the get well messages?

A girl on msn said to me that Nico didn't withdraw from a tourny ( can't remember which one at the moment) at the end of February, so I hope he's feeling a lot better already .
Old 02-14-2006, 09:41 AM   #25
country flag SaraV

SaraV has a reputation beyond reputeSaraV has a reputation beyond reputeSaraV has a reputation beyond reputeSaraV has a reputation beyond reputeSaraV has a reputation beyond reputeSaraV has a reputation beyond reputeSaraV has a reputation beyond reputeSaraV has a reputation beyond reputeSaraV has a reputation beyond reputeSaraV has a reputation beyond reputeSaraV has a reputation beyond repute

HI Kezzi

How are you doing?

I think the answer with Nico and his tournaments is that he is entering any that he can and nearer the time can pull out (no problem).

I know he is much better than he was but I still don't think he is sure himself how long he will take to rehabilitate after having to completely rest for so long.

I read a few things in the Ecuadorian press that he is getting out and about again and has started hitting tennis balls again - although it is a slow process. He mentioned Indian Wells as a possible aim although if he gets stronger quicker than that he may of course try for Acapulco.

And in answer to ms_kt, I would fancy Nico is very motivated but it may take a while to regain both his strength and stamina. He has been hit with something that would hit any athlete for 6, Nalbandian contracted HepA last year and took a long time to get over it and he is slightly younger. We have to give him time and just believe that he can.

As regards Gio, I must admit Ive been disappointed with Giovanni's attitude from what Ive seen over the last year or so. Apart from one or two results, he seems to have gone into a decline. Perhaps he is not so motivated anymore. He has certainly had his fair share of injuries but has not recovered from them mentally or physically like we would expect him to.
SaraV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 04:17 PM   #26
country flag Kezzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraV
HI Kezzi

How are you doing?

I think the answer with Nico and his tournaments is that he is entering any that he can and nearer the time can pull out (no problem).

I know he is much better than he was but I still don't think he is sure himself how long he will take to rehabilitate after having to completely rest for so long.

I read a few things in the Ecuadorian press that he is getting out and about again and has started hitting tennis balls again - although it is a slow process. He mentioned Indian Wells as a possible aim although if he gets stronger quicker than that he may of course try for Acapulco.

And in answer to ms_kt, I would fancy Nico is very motivated but it may take a while to regain both his strength and stamina. He has been hit with something that would hit any athlete for 6, Nalbandian contracted HepA last year and took a long time to get over it and he is slightly younger. We have to give him time and just believe that he can.

As regards Gio, I must admit Ive been disappointed with Giovanni's attitude from what Ive seen over the last year or so. Apart from one or two results, he seems to have gone into a decline. Perhaps he is not so motivated anymore. He has certainly had his fair share of injuries but has not recovered from them mentally or physically like we would expect him to.
I'm fine, how are you?

It's great that you can keep us updated on Nico's recovery. I can't get Ecudorian newspapers here and the only thing mentioned in my newspaper was that Nico got HepA.

And I hope Nico just takes all the time he needs to get well and I really believe that his comeback will be great .
Old 02-26-2006, 10:12 PM   #27
country flag Jule81

Jule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond repute

great news! nico is in the acapulco-draw!!! he plays calleri in the first round, but i don´t really care about that, the main thing is he´s back playing, much earlier than i thought he would so i´m just happy now and wish him only the best!

* SOARES * M. LOPEZ * VERDASCO * SIMON *
* ARMANDO * HARTFIELD * GAUDIO * ROBREDO *
Jule81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 10:46 PM   #28
country flag Kezzi

Yeah, I just wanted to post that too . Michelle emailed me that she saw him in Acapulco, when I read her email I was sooo happy. Nico's back! Lots of good luck to him in Acapulco!