Doubles final groups standing - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-11-2003, 05:52 PM   #1
country flag nitsansh

nitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Doubles final groups standing

Code:
RED GROUP                         W-L   Sets  Games
1  Bryan/Bryan          USA/USA   3-0   6-3   54-48
6  Llodra/Santoro       FRA/FRA   2-1   5-3   44-42
3  Bjorkman/Woodbridge  SWE/AUS   1-2   4-4   43-39  
7  Damm/Suk             CZE/CZE   0-3   1-6   33-45  

BLUE GROUP                        W-L   Sets  Games
4  Knowles/Nestor       BAH/CAN   3-0   6-2   50-37  
8  Etlis/Rodriguez      ARG/ARG   1-2   3-4   33-38  
2  Bhupathi/Mirnyi      IND/BLR   1-2   3-4   38-41  
5  Arthurs/Hanley       AUS/AUS   1-2   3-5   45-50
Semifinals:
Thursday: Knowles/Nestor vs Llodra/Santoro
Friday: Bryan/Bryan vs Etlis/Rodriguez

Last edited by nitsansh : 11-14-2003 at 01:23 AM.
nitsansh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2003, 06:13 PM   #2
country flag nitsansh

nitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Doubles possibilities

After all teams played 2 matches, no team has yet qualified to the semifinals, and no team was eliminated.

Today, the matches in the red group will be completed. In the afternoon session, Llodra & Santoro will play Damm & Suk, and in the evening, the Bryan brothers will meet Bjorkman & Woodbridge.
The first match could produce the 1st qualifying team, or the first eliminated team, or both.
If the French couple win by straight sets, they qualify. If the Czechs don't win by straight sets, they will be eliminated. If the French lose, the Bryans qualify.
In case the French win by straight sets, only the winner between the Bryans and B&W can qualify. In case the French win only by 3 sets, it's possible that they will be eliminated on games percentage by the Bryans, in case they lose by 3 sets.
In case the French lose by 3 sets, the Bryans qualify, and B&W need just one set to qualify. If B&W lose in straight sets, the French qualify.
If the Czechs win by straight sets, the Bryans qualify and the French eliminated, and B&W need 1 set to qualify, and could even qualify if they lose by straight sets on games percentage. The czechs only chance to qualify is win in straight sets and straight sets loss for B&W, and they also have quite a big gap in games count to close.
Old 11-11-2003, 06:21 PM   #3
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Holy shit, that's confusing
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 06:39 PM   #4
country flag nitsansh

The last matches in the blue group will be played tomorrow (Wednesday): Knowles&Nestor vs Bhupathi&Mirnyi, Etlis&Rodriguez vs Arthurs&Hanley.
K&N need just one set to qualify, and could also qualify if they lose by straight sets, and E&R also lose, and even if E&R win by 3 sets, if they have better games percentage than E&R.
B&M or E&R will qualify unconditionally if they win in straight sets, or if one team win and the other lose. It's even possible that one team qualify if it lose by 3 sets and the other lose in 2 sets. If both win by 3 sets or lose by 3 sets, the qualifyer between them will be decided on games percentage. If B&M win in 2 sets and E&R win in 3 sets, the qualifyer between E&R and K&N will be decided on games percentage.
A&H must win in straight sets, and hope that B&M lose. If they lose by 3 sets, the qualifyer between B&M and A&H will be decided on games percentage.
Old 11-11-2003, 11:56 PM   #5
country flag nitsansh

Llodra and Santoro are the first qualifyers to the semis, after win over Damm&Suk 6-3 7-6(5).
In the last match between the Bryans and Bjorkman-Woodbridge, only the winners can qualify, and will also top the red group.
Old 11-12-2003, 06:16 AM   #6
country flag Tinne

Tinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: Doubles possibilities

The Bryans are the second team to qualify with a 3 set win over Bjorkman and Woodbridge! 4-6 6-3 7-6(9) The brothers saved 2 match points to go up to the semies undefeated in the red group!

Tinne is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 06:31 AM   #7
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

They saved 2 MPs again? AWESOME! CONGRATS BRYANS!!!
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 07:50 AM   #8
country flag nitsansh

Poor B&W... so close to the semis...
Old 11-13-2003, 12:38 AM   #9
country flag nitsansh

The 3rd team that qualified is Knowles/Nestor, who beat Bhupathi/Mirnyi in 3 sets and clinched the top place in the blue group. They'll play Llodra/Santoro in the semi.

The last qualifyer will be decided between B&M, E&R and A&H...
B&M can reach the semi if A&H beat E&R in 3 sets...
If E&R win, they qualify. If A&H win in straight sets, they qualify...
It's also possible that E&R qualify with 3-sets loss, if they have big win in their winning set and small losses in their losing sets... the possible scores for this are:
6-0 6-7 6-7
6-0 6-7 5-7
6-0 6-7 4-6
6-1 6-7 6-7
Old 11-13-2003, 08:10 PM   #10
country flag Tinne

Tinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know much about funny set calculations, but if I'm correct Arthurs/Hanley are the last ones to get into the semies.

And since Bhupathi/Mirnyi did not make it to the semies: the Bryan Brothers claim the year end #1! Way to go Mike and Bob!!

First semi-final is played today: Nestor/Knowles vs Llodra/Santoro.
Old 11-13-2003, 09:40 PM   #11
country flag nitsansh

No. Bhupathi & Mirnyi reached the semifinal and will play the Bryans tomorrow. If they win that match and also the final on Saturday, they will be #1! Otherwise, the Bryans will hold on to the top of the ranking.
Old 11-13-2003, 10:23 PM   #12
country flag Ma. Estefania

Ma. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Doubles final groups standing

I heard that Etlis/Rodríguez had qualified too...is this true?
Old 11-14-2003, 01:26 AM   #13
country flag nitsansh

Yes. Etlis & Rodriguez qualified, thanks to article c(iv) of the tie break rules, which was missing in the MC website...
Old 11-14-2003, 11:55 AM   #14
country flag Tinne

Oops... I was completely wrong... sorry guys.

Anyway, what I do know for sure now is that the french guys, Llodra/Santoro, made it to the final with a 6-1 6-3 win over Nestor and Knowles! Wow!

Tonight the Bryans play Etlis/Rodriguez. Go Mike and Bob!