Friday live scores - Page 14 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-01-2003, 09:54 PM   #196
zephyr_uk

zephyr_uk has a reputation beyond reputezephyr_uk has a reputation beyond reputezephyr_uk has a reputation beyond reputezephyr_uk has a reputation beyond reputezephyr_uk has a reputation beyond reputezephyr_uk has a reputation beyond reputezephyr_uk has a reputation beyond reputezephyr_uk has a reputation beyond reputezephyr_uk has a reputation beyond reputezephyr_uk has a reputation beyond reputezephyr_uk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Friday live scores

and before you go into one....yes hewitt beat gim in 2002 not 2001....2001 goran woke up and put him away with ease after rain delay.

Oh and isnt it weird how henmania fans blame the rain delay in semi for him not winning wimbledon 2001???

I mean theres an arrogant assumption that he would have gone on to beat Pat Rafter in final and that just makes me laugh so much.

NO WAY would henman have beaten Rafter in that final, Goran saved Tim from heartache in the final by beating him in semis !!!
zephyr_uk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2003, 09:57 PM   #197
zephyr_uk

zephyr_uk has a reputation beyond reputezephyr_uk has a reputation beyond reputezephyr_uk has a reputation beyond reputezephyr_uk has a reputation beyond reputezephyr_uk has a reputation beyond reputezephyr_uk has a reputation beyond reputezephyr_uk has a reputation beyond reputezephyr_uk has a reputation beyond reputezephyr_uk has a reputation beyond reputezephyr_uk has a reputation beyond reputezephyr_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Would you like a doughnut sjengster??? what makes this dougnut extra special is that tim henman has touched it.....yes (shock horror) your god has actually had his paws on it....

in your world that doughnuts value is now £50,000 LMAO
Old 11-01-2003, 09:59 PM   #198
zephyr_uk

I do like a bit of banter (as you can see) and hope your not taking it the wrong way.

I dont like henman and you do thats what makes it fun how people are passionate about their players and the contrasting opinions.
Old 11-01-2003, 11:03 PM   #199
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

just curious zephyr... who DO you like?
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 11:32 PM   #200
zephyr_uk

RODDICK, agassi, el anouyia, federer, srichaphan and kuerten.

who are your fave players?
Old 11-01-2003, 11:34 PM   #201
zephyr_uk

those are my players i love to win and watch but also got time for hewitt and mirnyi i was a SAMPRAS and BECKER fantatic and miss them now.
Old 11-02-2003, 12:56 AM   #202
country flag Sjengster

Sjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: Friday live scores

Oh, very witty banter there zephyr... bit confused that you seem to think I'm hailing Henman as some kind of god or legend of tennis, when I'm not. I think the words I used were "fairly good tennis player". Yes, I worship the ground he walks on all right, don't I? Strangely enough, while I see the Slams as important I don't regard them as the be-all and end-all of tennis - just because Henman may, shock horror, never win Wimbledon, doesn't mean I can't appreciate what he has and will achieve.

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I remember this one time when I went on a vacation on the Maldives. That was in the year 2001, I think. I went to this spa. I went to walk around with my girlfriend. I walk in, and we want to book a spa. This guy goes, "AHH, I remember you. You beat Sampras. I saw you on TV." That was like, really, how can you remember me? This guy has probably never been off his island and still knows me. I was a little bit shocked. Then I went to play tennis with him because he was actually the tennis teacher. It was nice.

Q. Were you naked at the time in the spa?

ROGER FEDERER: No. It was at the front desk. I didn't walk in naked.
Sjengster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 02:38 AM   #203
zephyr_uk

so we agree he is a moderate player who chokes on the big stage phew ........lololol

i knew we would eventually agree LOL
Old 11-02-2003, 02:41 AM   #204
zephyr_uk

Henman not winning wimbledon is not "shock horror" lol.....i would pass out and need smelling salts if he made the final lol
Old 11-02-2003, 03:29 AM   #205
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: Friday live scores

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephyr_uk
RODDICK, agassi, el anouyia, federer, srichaphan and kuerten.

who are your fave players?
I like most of the young Americans, Andy and Mardy the faves of them by far, and Ginepri the least fave probably. I love Taylor's relentless serving-and-volleying though . Pete is my all-time favorite but for those still active, I like Hewitt, Agassi, Guga, El-Aynaoui, Philippoussis, and many more that are escaping me right now.

I also like Henman a little, though, and think you're being rough on him. He's not a really really great player but he's good. I agree with Andy that he's a little underrated just b/c he never won a TMS or GS title. You don't have to like him, but he's not a "bad" player. All you have to do is look at the 4 guys he's beaten this week to see he's not a bad player. JMO
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 03:46 AM   #206
zephyr_uk

i agree and judge on what i see hes had a phenominal week but why cant he produce thet all year??? its like basle in 1998 its always a false dawn when henman plays awfull its bloody awfull and i mean that seriously.

sometimes at wimbldeon he is seocnd on court and u see a world class matcha nd a classic and the pace the ball is goign at in tims matches is soooooooooooo slow and the errors are rdicolous, he can be playing someone past their best years and an easy sitting put away and he strokes it into the net.

and its not an attack on him not winning wimbledon but his record at the other 3 slams is poor and he normally does not a lot on the tour hence his ranking which is rarely in top ten.
Old 11-02-2003, 03:53 AM   #207
zephyr_uk

i just think guys like el anouyia in particular get a raw deal they are so damn consistent all year round and people ignore fact he got to aussie open semi and ranking is always great and henman gets more attention cos he is british and i think its so unfair

theres so many hard workers nt hat tour that are better players than henman but he gets all the publicity and british media hype.

if henman was moroccan or came from lesser county in wealth and power he would not ever get a mention but he is allowed to sail along and be considered as a british sporting hero.

i just wonder why all these peopel are comign out woodwork this wek and saying oh i knew tim had the ability to do this and beat all these players when they expected him to go out early as bookmakers and tennis world.

it makes me sick
Old 11-02-2003, 03:58 AM   #208
zephyr_uk

when i said el anouiya got to aussie open semi i meant 1/4 final and roddick lost semi...i know if u get a fact wrong on here someone post the qoute and tries t be smug and clever and childish....

i do know my tennis belive it or not and have mad elot of money betign on grand slam winners and love the game.

if someone wants to give me a henman lecture thats fair play but i know when a player retires and look on their career who i respect.

the fact unnamed person said to me earlier grand slams arent be all and end all well sorry actually they are.

thats what every player dreams of as a boy ..why do you think they cry and sink to knees when they win them???

for gods sake this isnt brain science...to say grand slams arent be all and end all of tennis is pathetic statement to win a henman arguemant.

I am sure tim would swap his whole tennis achievements so far for a wimbledon trophy so really they are be all and end all.
Old 11-02-2003, 04:02 AM   #209
zephyr_uk

the "unamed" personm who said that (schalken pic on profile)

you say grnd slams are not be all and end all of tennis well......

why dont you meet sampras for lunch and go for a coffee i am sure he would disagree with you there ...he said many times that he didnt care about rankings and was just carrying on for the "slams"

but what does his opion matter?? he is only the greatest player of the modern era and u are an internet tennis fan???

i dont care what sampras says i mean who is he when you are obviouslly so much more in the know
Old 11-02-2003, 04:07 AM   #210
zephyr_uk

Hmmmm sampras opinions or sjengster....who will i listen to or respect more???

its a tough one but i think pete wins by a county mile !!!!