What to expect from 2006 - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Which tournaments will David win in 2006?

Australian Open 8 53.33%
Roland Garros 2 13.33%
Wimbledon 2 13.33%
US Open 2 13.33%
Master Series 11 73.33%
IS Tournaments 5 33.33%
ISG Tournaments 3 20.00%
None 3 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-21-2005, 08:34 PM   #16
country flag disturb3d

disturb3d has a reputation beyond reputedisturb3d has a reputation beyond reputedisturb3d has a reputation beyond reputedisturb3d has a reputation beyond reputedisturb3d has a reputation beyond reputedisturb3d has a reputation beyond reputedisturb3d has a reputation beyond reputedisturb3d has a reputation beyond reputedisturb3d has a reputation beyond reputedisturb3d has a reputation beyond reputedisturb3d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What to expect from 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmagirl91
You're right about that, but TV coverage-wise, they'll stick with the usual suspects. And the commentators may mention him in passing, maybe sharing his results with the audience while covering the "more important" matches.
Doubt that he won't get top-notch coverage.
And I'll doubt it even more when he wins tha AO.
disturb3d is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2005, 08:47 PM   #17
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

sigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by disturb3d
Doubt that he won't get top-notch coverage.
And I'll doubt it even more when he wins tha AO.
They'll cut off programming when the trophy ceremony takes place, much like ESPN did when Roger was receiving his winner's trophy in Houston.
Old 12-23-2005, 01:01 AM   #18
country flag novanora

novanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond repute

US Open. The surface is the best for him, and also it's near his burst-out later phase of the whole season. Like you all here, I would like to see him do a good job in AO, but just have a feeling US Open is the one for him. Of course, I want him to defend his title in Shanghai next year
novanora is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 10:23 AM   #19
country flag jazz_girl

jazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond repute

I think it was Javier Frana who said recently that he was talking to David, and asked him: When did you realise you were ready for big things? And David said: when I lost to Roddick in the US Open. Instead of bringing him down, it made him realise he could be up there with the best.
Maybe the US Open is a good choice, he was really close to making it...
jazz_girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote