tennis racquets - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-10-2005, 03:30 PM   #1
country flag killerloop

killerloop is on a distinguished road
Default tennis racquets

Hello to everyone!

I'm having my 1st tennis tournement in january and i need to buy some racquets...but i dont know how to choose them...is there anyway to choose them?

thankx to all
killerloop is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2005, 04:11 PM   #2
country flag Trivial

Trivial has a reputation beyond reputeTrivial has a reputation beyond reputeTrivial has a reputation beyond reputeTrivial has a reputation beyond reputeTrivial has a reputation beyond reputeTrivial has a reputation beyond reputeTrivial has a reputation beyond reputeTrivial has a reputation beyond reputeTrivial has a reputation beyond reputeTrivial has a reputation beyond reputeTrivial has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: tennis racquets

The piece of advice that most people will give you is to demo as many as you can, maybe from a local sports shop or tenniswarehouse.com is a good bet. This is the only way that you will find the racket that suits your game. And...if you've not been playing too long dont spend too much on a racquet just incase you decide its not the game for you. Have fun!
Trivial is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 09:05 PM   #3
country flag Peoples

Peoples has a reputation beyond reputePeoples has a reputation beyond reputePeoples has a reputation beyond reputePeoples has a reputation beyond reputePeoples has a reputation beyond reputePeoples has a reputation beyond reputePeoples has a reputation beyond reputePeoples has a reputation beyond reputePeoples has a reputation beyond reputePeoples has a reputation beyond reputePeoples has a reputation beyond repute

MacGregor 25'' Tennis Racquet

If you can't decide, just buy this. It's a tennis racquet. You can hit balls with it. And it's just $12, you can buy several.
Old 12-10-2005, 09:17 PM   #4
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

Go to www.tenniswarehouse.com and read everything on that website. Then go to their messageboards and read the racquet discussions there. Then demo as much as you can get your hands on and discuss possible racquets with your coach. I agree that your first racquet should be an inexpensive one, until you figure out what type of game you have, which weaknesses you need to help out and which strengths you can exploit with your racquet. You can buy a better one in about 6 months.

Or, you could just buy a Prince Triple Threat Warrior. A good solid racquet, and since it's an old model you can get them for about $80.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 11:37 AM   #5
country flag Peoples

Peoples has a reputation beyond reputePeoples has a reputation beyond reputePeoples has a reputation beyond reputePeoples has a reputation beyond reputePeoples has a reputation beyond reputePeoples has a reputation beyond reputePeoples has a reputation beyond reputePeoples has a reputation beyond reputePeoples has a reputation beyond reputePeoples has a reputation beyond reputePeoples has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fee
Go to www.tenniswarehouse.com and read everything on that website. Then go to their messageboards and read the racquet discussions there. Then demo as much as you can get your hands on and discuss possible racquets with your coach. I agree that your first racquet should be an inexpensive one, until you figure out what type of game you have, which weaknesses you need to help out and which strengths you can exploit with your racquet. You can buy a better one in about 6 months.

Or, you could just buy a Prince Triple Threat Warrior. A good solid racquet, and since it's an old model you can get them for about $80.
That's too complicated For an easier solution, look above
Old 12-11-2005, 11:59 AM   #6
country flag mojo37_12

mojo37_12 has a reputation beyond reputemojo37_12 has a reputation beyond reputemojo37_12 has a reputation beyond reputemojo37_12 has a reputation beyond reputemojo37_12 has a reputation beyond reputemojo37_12 has a reputation beyond reputemojo37_12 has a reputation beyond reputemojo37_12 has a reputation beyond reputemojo37_12 has a reputation beyond reputemojo37_12 has a reputation beyond reputemojo37_12 has a reputation beyond repute

You have to consider a lot of factors when choosing the right stick for you. The size, the grip, the price, the weight, and ultimately how it feels when you play with it. When I bought my first one I handled every single racquet inside the shop... take your time and don't get too excited. Good luck!

The Offbeat Collective

"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously" - Hubert Humphrey
mojo37_12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote