Andy Roddick 2005 Year in Review! - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-23-2005, 03:22 AM   #31
country flag superpinkone37

superpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Andy Roddick 2005 Year in Review!

Match that surprised/impressed you the most about Andy
Wow, um...I guess any of those Wimbledon marathons where I totally thought it was over for him. Or DC against the smaller of the Rochus brothers.

Moment that made you most proud to be a Roddick fan?
Wimbledon. I know there have been other times where I have been extremely proud..why I cannot remember now, I do not know. I guess they weren't that important.

Match that made you cringe
Losing to Mathieu first round, or some of the other ones where there was absolutely no reason to be losing sets to shit players.

Biggest disappointment of 2005
USA losing 1st round in DC and...Most of the summer hc season which is supposed to be his best part of the year.

His best win
Beating Lleyton

His worst loss
Losing to Robby

Best Roddick Match (win or lose)
The Ladadze match

Best moment (on or off court)
Wimbledon/Charity stuff.

Worst moment (on or off court)
hahahaa, the infamous bathroom break

Worst choke
RG or against Verdasco

Best Andy quote in 2005
"Yeah, absolutely."
or the "Can you read a book in the dark" ones

Besides Federer, who will Andy's nemesis be for 2006?
Himself. heh.

Slam you thought Andy would win in 2005
I guess I didn't have high hopes for him this year.

Slam you think Andy will win in 2006
RG! nah, he's gonna surprise everyone...he's going to win the USO technically two years in a row since it wasn't held the past two years.

Does Andy need a girlfriend for 2006?
Um, it it helps him?

Should Andy fire Dean and get a new coach?
CuteDean should stay. But he should get together with Vinnay's sports psychologist or something.

What improvements have you noticed to Andy’s game?
Serve placement rather then power. But there have been more dfs, so wtf.

What does Andy still need to work on for 2006?
Keeping his shots PAST the service line.
Um, returns? Other than that he just needs to fix his brain.

Best outfit
Anything blue

Worst outfit
That lovely lime green Reebok thing from AO, etc.

Best commercial
The Amex one from last year when he gets bonked on the head still counts since they showed it a few times at the beginning of the year

Worst commercial
hahahahahahhaaaaaa

Would you say that 2005 was better, worse, or the same as his 2004 year?
same I guess.

How would you grade Andy overall for 2005?
B? C?

Last edited by superpinkone37 : 11-23-2005 at 03:31 AM.
superpinkone37 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2005, 04:02 AM   #32
country flag renee_chin

renee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by superpinkone37
Should Andy fire Dean and get a new coach?
CuteDean should stay. But he should get together with Vinnay's sports psychologist or something.
renee_chin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 03:00 PM   #33
country flag Fumus

Fumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond repute

2005 would have been an A for Andy if he won a slam, 2 masters, and beat Fed atleast 2 times to show he's still a top dog.
That's the gospel.
Fumus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 03:04 PM   #34
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fumus
2005 would have been an A for Andy if he won a slam, 2 masters, and beat Fed atleast 2 times to show he's still a top dog.
You tryin' to steal Brad's title?????

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 03:06 PM   #35
country flag Fumus

Fumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debstah
You tryin' to steal Brad's title?????
haha...Are you trying to steal Mary Carillo's?

Well...if you are it's a good thing...everyone loves Mary...
That's the gospel.
Old 11-23-2005, 03:09 PM   #36
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fumus
haha...Are you trying to steal Mary Carillo's?

Well...if you are it's a good thing...everyone loves Mary...
I was making fun of your Captain Obvious-esque statement.... what did what I said have anything to do with Mary Carillo

Silly Fumigator!

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 11-23-2005, 03:11 PM   #37
country flag Fumus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debstah
I was making fun of your Captain Obvious-esque statement.... what did what I said have anything to do with Mary Carillo

Silly Fumigator!
Oh nothing, it's just everyone loves you!

Um...well it's true...right? haha...I mean, that's the kinda year Andy must have for everyone to be like like A+ year.
That's the gospel.
Old 11-23-2005, 03:36 PM   #38
country flag Deboogle!.

Aw thanks *blushing*

and yes, yes that's true

Old 11-23-2005, 03:37 PM   #39
country flag Fumus

Jerk! Sides I am like the Brad jr. I am super enthuastic and I make to many references to other sports...so it's true..plus I say the most obivous things...but...unlike Brad people like me cuz I am handsom and funny.
That's the gospel.
Old 11-24-2005, 12:47 AM   #40
country flag Noelle

Noelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond repute

Fumus --> Brad = Bradmus?
Old 11-25-2005, 06:09 PM   #41
country flag Fumus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noelle
Fumus --> Brad = Bradmus?
Touche!
That's the gospel.
Old 11-25-2005, 11:29 PM   #42
country flag Noelle

Noelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond repute

I think I might have to downgrade Andy's grade to a B- if it's true that he actually aggravated his back injury during the charity exo and THAT's what caused him to withdraw from Shanghai. Not cool.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:06 AM   #43
country flag Deboogle!.

a nice burn from TR's Matt Cronin
----------
3. Andy Roddick: How many times is Roddick going to attempt to snow someone and say he had a good year because he won five mid-sized titles and reached the Wimbledon final. Yes, that's great year for Robby Ginepri, Mardy Fish or Taylor Dent, but not for America's main man. Roddick went backwards in results and confidence, but we will give him and coach Dean Goldfine this: His game does look more well rounded now.

Old 11-29-2005, 03:13 AM   #44
country flag renee_chin

renee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond repute

we're going back and forth with this, aren't we?!
renee_chin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 03:26 AM   #45
country flag Noelle

I don't think I've seen Andy say ANYWHERE that he had a GREAT year this year. Andy may be many things, but I don't think he's delusional.

Just jump on the bash Andy bandwagon, ya stupid reporters.