Duck Hunt - Page 17 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-09-2003, 07:43 PM   #241
country flag the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond repute

"Here's to Roddick's first and last slam". Good one TF. But saying this is Roddick's first of several grand slam titles is more likely.

And Roddick will have better results at the French Open than Pete Sampras did.

And why should Roddick stop dominating the ATP Tour at this point? The indoor season is coming and I think he'll play very well indoors and end the season #1 on the computer.

P.S. - I wish Marat Safin would come back and play great tennis so I don't have to write so much about Andy Roddick. I see Safin and Roger Federer as being Roddick's main rivals over the next couple of years. And if Safin can get healthy and return to form, a Safin-Roddick/Russia-USA rivalry would be sensational for men's tennis.

Last edited by the cat : 09-09-2003 at 07:49 PM.
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2003, 09:00 PM   #242
croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Roddick Depreciation Hall of Fame

andy doesn't have a chance against good claycourters on clay, won't beat many big servers at wimbledon, and won't to shit on carpet or in any hardcourt tournament not in north america. he needs the crowd to be on his side, that is why he constantly complains of being homesick when he is in europe (he is rarely ever on center court which he is used to in the us and the fans really don't care for him)

great thread
croat123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 09:36 PM   #243
country flag Cris

Cris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond reputeCris has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with you, cat!!! Come back, Marat!!!
I'm so tired to read about Roddick... nothing against him or his game, he's great... it's just boring talk and write about one player all the time ...
Cris is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 09:45 PM   #244
country flag Shadow

Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: The Roddick Depreciation Hall of Fame

yeah, Marat come back!!!!
Well, only 2 weeks to go and he will play again
Old 09-10-2003, 04:47 AM   #245
country flag Chloe le Bopper

Chloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by the cat
"Here's to Roddick's first and last slam". Good one TF. But saying this is Roddick's first of several grand slam titles is more likely.

And Roddick will have better results at the French Open than Pete Sampras did.

And why should Roddick stop dominating the ATP Tour at this point? The indoor season is coming and I think he'll play very well indoors and end the season #1 on the computer.

P.S. - I wish Marat Safin would come back and play great tennis so I don't have to write so much about Andy Roddick. I see Safin and Roger Federer as being Roddick's main rivals over the next couple of years. And if Safin can get healthy and return to form, a Safin-Roddick/Russia-USA rivalry would be sensational for men's tennis.
Andy is going to do better than pete at Roland Garros? Um? You think Andy has a Roland Garros final in him? I'm not sure I agree with that... clay is the one surface that takes away the only part of the game that Andy can do better than most guys - the serve.

Chocking makes me sad.
Chloe le Bopper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 06:11 AM   #246
country flag Lisbeth
SammySammySammy OiOiOi

Lisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with the cat about Marat! Come back Marat!

I'm not at all sure I agree Roddick will do better at the French but of course we won't really know for another 10 years. On his current game, I wouldn't say so but who knows what direction his game will go in. Also, I think the field is much broader than in Sampras day so it would probably be tougher for AR even if their games were identical (which, despite what some people seem to think, they are not!).
Lisbeth is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 06:13 AM   #247
country flag Lisbeth
SammySammySammy OiOiOi

Lisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond repute

Should have added by way of example, Ferrero-Roddick on clay is a very different case. That's just one of his obstacles
Old 09-10-2003, 07:04 AM   #248
Sir Loin of Beef

Sir Loin of Beef is on a distinguished road

ATM Ferrero will slaughter Roddick on clay, however take the case of Martin Verkerk. He reached the Roland Garros Final by serving the hell out "clay courter" Guillermo Coria. Then again, he professes to have played on clay all his life.
Sir Loin of Beef is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 07:54 AM   #249
country flag J. Corwin
psychotic banana

J. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond repute

I say it's possible for Roddick to make the finals of RG. I think Gilbert really has made a profound effect on Roddick's mental game. If he keeps his cool, and gets a decent draw, I don't see why it's not possible for him to make a run into the finals a la Verkerk.

Serves can still take you a long ways.

"For seven and a half years I've worked alongside President Reagan. We've had triumphs. Made some mistakes. We've had some sex...uh...setbacks."
George H.W. Bush, 1988

"I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family."
George W. Bush, 2000

15.5 - 40.5 ... 2,1,1 demolition job
(fan club spots are still open! )
J. Corwin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 08:16 AM   #250
country flag Lisbeth
SammySammySammy OiOiOi

Sure, he could have a Verkerk-like run and I wouldn't even say that would be as much of a shock as Verkerk was. But I think the point is that there are maybe 15-20 other guys with as much or more chance of having a "lucky run" on the basis of some skill such as serve, or speed, or just out and out clay expertise, and that's not including players such as Coria and Ferrero that we just assume will have their chances at the French.

Still, I'm happy to wait and see. Would never write Roddick (or for that matter any of the top 10 or so) off any tournament, but am not going to bet on it happening either.
Old 09-10-2003, 08:59 AM   #251
JonBcn

JonBcn has a reputation beyond reputeJonBcn has a reputation beyond reputeJonBcn has a reputation beyond reputeJonBcn has a reputation beyond reputeJonBcn has a reputation beyond reputeJonBcn has a reputation beyond reputeJonBcn has a reputation beyond reputeJonBcn has a reputation beyond reputeJonBcn has a reputation beyond reputeJonBcn has a reputation beyond reputeJonBcn has a reputation beyond repute

Those of you who visit WTAWorld will no doubt be familiar with the concept of Andy Rodduck. Yes, they were separated at birth...here's some shots of Andy's famous bust up with the umpire during the Nalbandian SF at Flushing Meadows...

JonBcn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 12:29 PM   #252
country flag Pea

Pea has a reputation beyond reputePea has a reputation beyond reputePea has a reputation beyond reputePea has a reputation beyond reputePea has a reputation beyond reputePea has a reputation beyond reputePea has a reputation beyond reputePea has a reputation beyond reputePea has a reputation beyond reputePea has a reputation beyond reputePea has a reputation beyond repute

Jon, you crack me up! ROTF! Here's to his first and last slam!
{{{Janko Tipsarevic}}}
{{{Andreas Vinciguerra}}}
{{{Mikhail Youzhny}}}
(Agustin Calleri)(Hicham Arazi)(Nicolas Kiefer)(Sebastien Grosjean)(Rafael Nadal)
(Tommy Robredo)(Xavier Malisse)(Gustavo Kuerten)(Rainer Schuettler)(Fernando Gonzalez)
(Mark Philippoussis)(Gaston Gaudio)(Albert Montanes)(Ivan Ljubicic)(Mariano Zabaleta) & Many More...

FoRevEr:
{{{STEFAN EDBERG}}}
Pea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 12:40 PM   #253
country flag Shadow

Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: The Roddick Depreciation Hall of Fame

Old 09-10-2003, 02:41 PM   #254
country flag the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond repute

Becca, you're forgetting about Andy Roddick's mighty forehand!

And when I said Roddick would have better French Open results than Sampras I really meant on a year to year basis. Maybe Roddcik won't ever win the French Open or even reach the final. But he will almost certainly not lose in the first or second round like Samrpas did for several years.
Old 09-10-2003, 02:47 PM   #255
tennischick

tennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond repute

Jon, love your humor!

ANDY RODDICK: Motivation? No. I enjoy what I do. I enjoy what I do. You know, I've never been one to, you know, blow off practice or, you know, do anything like that.

You know, I'd be lying if I said I'm looking forward to practicing the next two days as opposed to playing here. That part is gonna suck...(2010 Aegon Championships)
tennischick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote