Good luck to Paradorn in Basel - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-31-2005, 12:25 AM   #16
country flag chewy

chewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good luck to Paradorn in Basel

i think his injury might not b too serious, he managed to finiah d match without retiring. couldve been cramps or pulled muscle...his fitness might not b as gd as b4 becos even though he's been playin week in week out recently he average ard 3 matches per tournie/week don't sound like too overload. he's still young.

from para's on court behavior, n his reactions to wins/lost is how i can tell wat his character's like. i think he's a sincere person, don't know enuff abt him to say otherwise.
wat kinda bad press did he recieved early this yr?
Hyeon Chung | Dennis Istomin | Ze Zhang | Go Soeda | Tatsuma Ito | Yuichi Sugita | Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi | Rohan Bopanna | Danai Udomchoke | Tsung-Hua Yang | Hiroki Moriya | Mao-Xin Gong | Hyung-Taik Lee | Paradorn Srichaphan | Takao Suzuki

Fernando Gonzalez | Max Mirnyi | Jo-Wilfried Tsonga | Tommy Haas | Ricardas Berankis | Xavier Malisse | Andreas Seppi | David Ferrer | Juan Martin Del Potro | Tim Smyczek | Olivier Rochus | Victor Troicki | Horatio Zeballos | Lleyton Hewitt | Nick Kyrgios | Mario Ancic | Peter Luczak

ATP Tokyo 2012, ATP Memphis 2013 Champion Kei Nishikori
chewy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2005, 11:46 AM   #17
country flag DhammaTiger
May All Beings Be Happy!!

Location: So happy to be back to the City of Angels (Krung Thep)
DhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond repute

I hope he gets well soon. First of all, his attitude and demeanor is typically Thai. I have yet to come across anyone who is rude or badly mannered in Thailand. So he is typically Thai.
About his popularity, I noticed that was dropping about a year ago. Since his phenomenal climb up the ranking in 2002 he had become a demi god, almost. Everyone was just adoring him. I remember when he lost to ljubicic at the Thai open quarter finals in 2003, he cried unconsolably on court. Then he had a very public romance with an actress called Tata Young and his game went down. At that point people and newspapers started criticising him. I remember walking into a sport shop ( the biggest chain in bangkok) and asked for an adidas shirt he was modeling. The sales assistant said to me why did I want to buy a Paradorn shirt, as he wa not good anymoe. I ws stunned to hear that, being a foreigner I only read the English language papers so didn't know there was a subtle shift in public attitude towards him. Then i asked her if she liked him and I was surprised that she said no she didn't as he was arrogant. I was really stunned by that comment. Afterwards I asked my Thai friends and they told me that people didn't like his behaviour in Thailand and his ostentacious living. They said he was paying far too much attention to stars than to winning matches. Later I kept on reading articles in the english language papers criticising his father etc. When the Tsunami struck over the boxing day., he donated 10,000 Bahtfor Tsunami vctims, is about US $250, That unleashed a barrage of criticism because a week before there was a tv show where a Para was showing off a new house and luxurious cars that cost a lot of money. This made the media jump on his case. Later, the family had to donate more money etc etc to make up for the bad publicity.
In my opinion, poor Ball he just is a young guy with perhaps not much control over his own affairs and he doesn't mean any harm. I feel his family should have been more sensitive to what's going on. Also if he kept on winning in the circuit and his ranking didn't fall as dramatically as it did he wouldn't have been criticised as he was. There is also a cultural element in it. Thailand is ver conservative society nd I think they didn't like the ostentation etc. Of course for me who lives partly there and loves thailand and thai people, it's very interesting development. I hope I didn't bore you with my long winded reply. Lastly, I justwant to say, I hope hestarts winning again because he is such a fantastic player.

Last edited by DhammaTiger : 10-31-2005 at 11:48 AM.
DhammaTiger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 11:25 PM   #18
country flag chewy

chewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond repute

Ali, its like u've written a 'short' bio for para..
thz for explaining d bad press issue he's having, it makes alot of sense now why his popularity's declinin. i think i can sum it up by saying fame+fortune=too much attention(bad press from media)=misundersatanding.
i've also heard that ppl in thailand r very friendly. i think its in their culture, much like japanese ppl. but every1 hav diff perspective n they choose how things r precieved so i guess his popularity isnt d num1 priority, his tennis matter d most(to me neway).
i knew thai currency was low, didnt think it was that low. US250 buys 10,000baht no wonder y ppl call thailand second heaven. anyway abt his dad's donations, i think ppl r always quick to judge others but forget their own actions. i dont think it matter how much money he was reported donatin, either 1 or 1million baht, d amount shlding b d focus, n who knows wat other 'behind d scene' charitable or volunteer work their family might hav been helpin in that didnt get reported by d press...most of all Para shldnt b criticise for his families actions.

n i agree he is a great player, hope his results will refect that soon.
Hyeon Chung | Dennis Istomin | Ze Zhang | Go Soeda | Tatsuma Ito | Yuichi Sugita | Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi | Rohan Bopanna | Danai Udomchoke | Tsung-Hua Yang | Hiroki Moriya | Mao-Xin Gong | Hyung-Taik Lee | Paradorn Srichaphan | Takao Suzuki

Fernando Gonzalez | Max Mirnyi | Jo-Wilfried Tsonga | Tommy Haas | Ricardas Berankis | Xavier Malisse | Andreas Seppi | David Ferrer | Juan Martin Del Potro | Tim Smyczek | Olivier Rochus | Victor Troicki | Horatio Zeballos | Lleyton Hewitt | Nick Kyrgios | Mario Ancic | Peter Luczak

ATP Tokyo 2012, ATP Memphis 2013 Champion Kei Nishikori
chewy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote