NICO - We Got You The Wild Card ... Now Its Your Turn In MADRID! :-) - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-17-2005, 12:32 PM   #31
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NICO - We Got You The Wild Card ... Now Its Your Turn In MADRID! :-)

Nico 2-6 3-6 ... I'm disappointed

Pain is only temporary but victory is forever
Fergie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2005, 12:54 PM   #32
country flag Sparko1030

Sparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NICO - We Got You The Wild Card ... Now Its Your Turn In MADRID! :-)

Oh Nico...feel so bad for you... What happened??? I'm sure you need a few s right now. You know I love ya but where's the fighting Nico??? We want him back!!!

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Best Wishes to: Marcos~Janko~Ivan~Marat~Lucho~Rafa~Tommy H
Gaston-best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

"Its hard to argue against cynics-they always sound smarter than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side." Molly Ivins, 1944-2007
Sparko1030 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 01:02 PM   #33
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

Here's another for Nico.

He has zero confidence.

I don't know what the answer is.

I know that he's working hard. He's got a great coach. Just have to hope for a break here, win a match, and build on it.

I love this kid so much that its breaking my heart to see what has happened to him this season.

NicoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 01:17 PM   #34
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry I cannot make you feel better people I have just come back from the match and I was disappointed too - the old Nico fghting spirit has vanished - far too many unforced errors. It is true that Chela played a very solid match - hardly any unforced errors and a solid serve. But Nico did not punish his second serve at all and he seemed almost disinterested at times. In my opinion, (for what it's worth) - I think he should go home now and forget the rest of the European season - it will do his confidence no good to keep on losing matches like this. He needs time at home with his family to regroup and focus on next season. He and Gaby have had very little quality time together to think about their strategies - he needs some downtime to sort his head out and get into the right frame of mind for 2006. He is a great player and a great athlete - but this year has been bad for him - sometimes it is best to forget and move on and start building for the new instead of struggling anymore. Just my opinion anyway.

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 01:21 PM   #35
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute

I just hope that with this bad results Nico and Gaby don't have problems ...

Pain is only temporary but victory is forever
Fergie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 01:23 PM   #36
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergie
I just hope that with this bad results Nico and Gaby don't have problems ...
I certainly do not see any in their practice sessions or their behaviour towards each other. Gaby is an experienced coach and they know each other pretty well - I think Gaby will just see this as a time to regroup and look seriously towards next year.

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 03:23 PM   #37
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie
Sorry I cannot make you feel better people I have just come back from the match and I was disappointed too - the old Nico fghting spirit has vanished - far too many unforced errors. It is true that Chela played a very solid match - hardly any unforced errors and a solid serve. But Nico did not punish his second serve at all and he seemed almost disinterested at times. In my opinion, (for what it's worth) - I think he should go home now and forget the rest of the European season - it will do his confidence no good to keep on losing matches like this. He needs time at home with his family to regroup and focus on next season. He and Gaby have had very little quality time together to think about their strategies - he needs some downtime to sort his head out and get into the right frame of mind for 2006. He is a great player and a great athlete - but this year has been bad for him - sometimes it is best to forget and move on and start building for the new instead of struggling anymore. Just my opinion anyway.
I totally agree with you Rosie - I was thinking the same thing myself.

Go back to Chile, and he and Gaby need to figure this out.

I don't think there's a problem with him and Gaby either. I think Nico knows that its all him right now. He just has to dig deep inside of himself, and come up with the fire to get himself back.

We'll find out this offseason. If he goes back to Chile and after his 3-4 weeks vacation, he starts to train hard, shuts himself off from all the distractions, he'll come back. I wouldn't mind seeing him go to Argentina and train - where he can get some really good practice partners - my real wish is Miami or Tampa, but unfortunately, I doubt he'd do it. But if he goes back and doesn't train hard, 2006 will be a long long season yet again.

Nico is a great player - he has so much more talented than Calleri and Chela, and yet he gave them both victories. Very hard to watch this slide when it shouldn't be happening to all.
Old 10-17-2005, 04:11 PM   #38
country flag NicoFan

I changed my mind - but its a woman's perogative to change her mind, and I'm changing mine.

I want my FIGHTER back!

I want the NICO of OLD back!

The guy that was always fighting his way from back down.

If it means that he has to play challengers the rest of this season and throughout part of his "offseason" than so be it - I checked there are challengers through the week of the Davis Cup final week. He's had enough time off this year with the injuries. And since he hasn't gotten past the first round since the US Open, he can't be overtired. I know that he'd never do it - but if he did, I would be so proud of him (though always proud of him but would be more proud of him).

Time to work. Time to turn this around.

Get that FIRE back NICO!

Will love you and will always support you NICO - but would rather see the fighter I know and love!
Old 10-17-2005, 07:38 PM   #39
country flag enqvistfan

enqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond repute

During my lunch break today, I saw the beginning of the match on tv, I wished a victory for him.

Sad to see that he lost

Hope he'll get his confidence back soon !!

Don't stop fighting Nicolas !!!

Fernando Gonzalez & Carlos Moya

Para siempre Gonzo

Still supporting you, vamos
enqvistfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote