Mens Tennis Forums banner

Social Ramifications of Signing My Cat up for a Tennis Tournament?

3K views 33 replies 17 participants last post by  Freak3yman84 
#1 ·
So there's this brother-brother doubles tournament every year at a local tennis club... Last year I played with my older bro, but now that he's in college I don't have anyone to play with. So I was thinking about signing my cat, Buttons, up as my doubles partner and then showing up with him in some specialized cat tennis attire. Would opponents find this funny or insulting? How would the tournament organizer react? Is it worth pulling off such a prank, knowing it would be a solid waste of 32 U.S. dollars?

Warm regards,

-Freaky

#2 ·
I think it'd be too much, bro. I mean, you can't play the match.

If you had a chimp trained to hold a racquet, now that would be funny as hell.

#3 ·
We could, technically, play the match. We would just succumb on Buttons' return points and service games. I, on the contrary, could hold my serve. At best it would be a 2-6 2-6 loss, which is a pretty typical scoreline if you ask me. Do you know how cute it would be to dress Buttons up in tennis attire?

#7 ·
That's the attitude I was looking for :yeah:
Is it a mixed species tennis competition? Is Buttons ready to play against dogs?
It doesn't specify that it can't be mixed species, but it doesn't explicitly say it either. Buttons would double bagel dogs :rolleyes: He needs to face humans for better competition.
Not sure about 2-6, 2-6. I see Buttons foot faulting all over the place.
Buttons can't foot fault, that's the thing! He has paws ;)

#8 ·
Is your cat as talented as the cat that threw a pitch at a minor league baseball game recently? :lol:

#9 ·
Video or it's bs.

#10 ·

Maybe I oversold the cat's talent as it seems her owner did most of the pitching :eek:

Longer youtube videos are online if you type "cat throws first pitch": into google.

#12 ·
Did the cat actually do anything? :unsure:

And I'll show up as your doubles partner in cat ears.
You have to be brothers, which is why Buttons is my only option at this point.

#20 ·
I reckon Buttons would beat Johnny Groove in three.

#21 ·
In BO5, yeah... Buttons would never lose a set to him in BO3, though.

#23 ·
problem not found

#26 ·
I like how you make me appreciate my life by comparing it to yours then I take a deep breath and say: Thank God.. :worship:

#27 ·
I've just pissed myself.

Sigged.

#29 ·
I agree, can't imagine what he'd dish out to Kowchi, then.

#32 ·
Buttons is a cute name :awww:

#34 ·
I know :hearts:

I say do it, man. If I was your opponent I'd find it funny. But you gotta pretend you're serious the entire time.
I'm sorry, but someone would have to be seriously talented to keep a straight face while playing doubles with their cat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.