Alexander Zverev - Page 17 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-15-2014, 01:50 PM   #241
country flag Paolo Pinkel

Paolo Pinkel is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Alexander Zverev

Thx. He's really been on a roll lately, absolutely stunning. And playing in his hometown at such an event must be fantastic. Wow.
Paolo Pinkel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2014, 03:06 PM   #242
country flag GasquetGulbis

GasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond repute

Zverev won almost no points for the first 5 months of the year and he's around 250 right now. If he cracks the top 200 by next year, he can only gain points for 5 months.
GasquetGulbis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 06:39 PM   #243

Quote:
The last 17 year old to win a match in an ATP World Tour 500 event was Grigor Dimitrov, when he beat Tomas Berdych in ABN AMRO World Tennis Tournament first round in February 2009.
http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Ten...ecord-Win.aspx

And I caught this on Twitter:
Quote:
In today's win over Haase, Alexander Zverev was the youngest player to win an ATP-level set 6-0 since Nadal d. Portas 6-0 6-4, Bastad '03. Aside from Nadal, you have to go back to 1991 RG to find someone--Dinu Pescariu--younger than Zverev who won a tour-level set 6-0.
Crazy, innit? Let's just hope his career won't turn out as Pescariu's .
Old 07-15-2014, 07:23 PM   #244
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paolo Pinkel View Post
http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Ten...ecord-Win.aspx

And I caught this on Twitter:

Crazy, innit? Let's just hope his career won't turn out as Pescariu's .

Quite crazy, yes. Nadal one and Pescariu another should be a fairly good indication that this stat alone will not guarantee greatness, but it certainly doesn't preclude it either.
vBookie net amount won: 23284 (2014: +16589, 2013: +6795, 2012: -100)
TT singles rank 94, TT doubles rank 106.
Detailed Tennis Tipping and DTT results

Member of Tennis Tipping board and Suicide Tennis board
Litotes is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 12:17 AM   #245
country flag Police Of Mind

Police Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond repute

Big step up against the Colonel next, but hey, Alex has been improving by leaps and bounds lately, so he should give him a good challenge at the least.
Police Of Mind is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 01:53 AM   #246
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

Good job.
Old 07-16-2014, 07:03 AM   #247
country flag Ertl93

Ertl93 has a reputation beyond reputeErtl93 has a reputation beyond reputeErtl93 has a reputation beyond reputeErtl93 has a reputation beyond reputeErtl93 has a reputation beyond reputeErtl93 has a reputation beyond reputeErtl93 has a reputation beyond reputeErtl93 has a reputation beyond reputeErtl93 has a reputation beyond reputeErtl93 has a reputation beyond reputeErtl93 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasquetGulbis View Post
Zverev won almost no points for the first 5 months of the year and he's around 250 right now. If he cracks the top 200 by next year, he can only gain points for 5 months.
Oh yes. He is no. 192 in the live-race. He needs only 63 points to reach his goal for the end of 2015.
In the ranking it are 187 points to be top150.

Alexander Zverev

Philipp Kohlschreiber
Ertl93 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 01:53 PM   #248

Sky's the limit for this kid. Future multiple slam winner.
Old 07-16-2014, 01:57 PM   #249
country flag STUHL

STUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond repute

And the Hype lready gets going

Giraldo next, again tough espically on Clay!
STUHL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 02:01 PM   #250
country flag Police Of Mind

Police Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond repute

Amazing stuff really. My only gripe was with his play after he broke in each set. But **** it, he's beaten a top 20 player, so who cares

Also did anyone else think he was quite calm today, by his standards?

Last edited by Police Of Mind : 07-16-2014 at 02:05 PM.
Police Of Mind is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 02:08 PM   #251

Quote:
Originally Posted by STUHL View Post
And the Hype lready gets going
I know we have to find the right mix between expectations and patience. But seriously, all this isn't exactly screaming fluke. He's worked on his stamina, he's worked on his fitness, he's starting to feel well competing against grown professional tennis player - and as a consequence he's beating Top 100 players left and right. I mean, damn, he turned 17 just three months ago. The list of his "youngest since..." achievements just keeps growing. It's so freaking impressive.
Old 07-16-2014, 02:19 PM   #252
country flag STUHL

STUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Police Of Mind View Post
Amazing stuff really. My only gripe was with his play after he broke in each set. But **** it, he's beaten a top 20 player, so who cares

Also did anyone else think he was quite calm today, by his standards?
Yes today he showed a different Alex on Court, playing a Little more passive and kept his cool today.

But Overall great to see he changed his tactics, no Need in going for broke today, when Youzhny started to destroy himself by making easy Errors. Didn't Need to play his best to be honest.
STUHL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 07:15 PM   #253
country flag timoe

timoe has a reputation beyond reputetimoe has a reputation beyond reputetimoe has a reputation beyond reputetimoe has a reputation beyond reputetimoe has a reputation beyond reputetimoe has a reputation beyond reputetimoe has a reputation beyond reputetimoe has a reputation beyond reputetimoe has a reputation beyond reputetimoe has a reputation beyond reputetimoe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ertl93 View Post
Oh yes. He is no. 192 in the live-race.
Up to 172 now.
Old 07-16-2014, 10:05 PM   #254
country flag TNX1.0E6TOPCA
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

TNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond repute

Hamburg 2014 Wednesday Hot Shot Zverev

July 16, 2014 - Alexander Zverev punishes a Mikhail Youzhny approach on the Hamburg clay in Wednesday's Hot Shot.
Old 07-17-2014, 02:52 PM   #255

What a fantastic experience for him, to be playing his hometown tournament with this massive support, great results - and fantastic weather lol (hey it's Hamburg, innit?). He's enjoying every second of it, and so do his fans. Thanks Michael Stich, thanks Alex, just pure joy.