Ever since Andy Murray parted company from Llendl he has gone back to being PASSIVE! - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-02-2014, 03:35 PM   #16
country flag ClutchOnandWin
Banned!

ClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ever since Andy Murray parted company from Llendl he has gone back to being PASSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by delboy View Post
It takes time to come back from a serious injury.
Oh come on man, how long has it been now?

Rafa was out with injury post Rosol's obliteration of him at Wimbledon a couple of years back and he came back, long a few matches on clay to Zeballos and co and then went on to win the two slams and 2 masters series. The Indian Wells, the French, Cincinatti and the US Open.

Having surgery doesn't require over more than one year to recover fully from.
ClutchOnandWin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2014, 03:38 PM   #17
country flag Fumus

Fumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ever since Andy Murray parted company from Llendl he has gone back to being PASSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchOnandWin View Post
I'm not gonna even entertain your rocket take off to trolling in this thread.

Don't have time for people that don't wish to discuss tennis and instead only looking to player bash and hate.
This is a nonsensical troll thread... a bunch of whining. You aren't talking tennis.. you are trying to rationalize why your favorite is plummeting down the rankings.

Truth be told... all seriousness he hasn't made much if any changes in his game before or after Llendl. It's just confidence...his game style is passive, always has been a counter puncher. Since the time he broke onto tour...serve and counter punch. He will never play like DelPo or Soderling, he will play like Murray. At this point he's just not playing well.

Or like I said, he sucks.
That's the gospel.
Fumus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 03:43 PM   #18
Banned!

ClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fumus View Post
This is a nonsensical troll thread... a bunch of whining. You aren't talking tennis.. you are trying to rationalize why your favorite is plummeting down the rankings.

Truth be told... all seriousness he hasn't made much if any changes in his game before or after Llendl. It's just confidence...his game style is passive, always has been a counter puncher. Since the time he broke onto tour...serve and counter punch. He will never play like DelPo or Soderling, he will play like Murray. At this point he's just not playing well.

Or like I said, he sucks.
You're a hater. I don't expect a balanced and well concerted argument from someone that has clearly a degree of feeling animosity towards Murray. I can sense it in your tone.

Your attempts to derail this thread have been reported to the mod-team and you're being placed on ignore.
Old 07-02-2014, 03:43 PM   #19
country flag Moozza

Moozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm not talking about aiming to clean the lines mate, but you must admit he wasn't playing with the same controlled aggression on the front-foot as before in previous years?

It's not even as if Dimitrov wasn't allowing him to play his game. He wasn't smothered Murray, especially and particularly after the first set, where Dimitrov's first serve percentage dried up and he was making less of them on the crux moments.
I thought he was playing with controlled aggression in the early rounds this year. That obviously disappeared today and he was very passive. I agree that it wasn't as if Dimitrov was doing much to stop him being aggressive but when you are playing defensively and still making loads of UE's the natural instinct isn't to be more aggressive.

MULTISLAMRAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

DISPUTABLE REAL NO.1

SPORTSPERSON OF THE YEAR 2013!!!!
Moozza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 03:46 PM   #20
country flag Dead Net Cord

Dead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchOnandWin;
Ever since Andy Murray parted company from Llendl he has gone back to being PASSIVE!
Quote:
So many painful, weightless, nothing-shots hit down-the-center of the court with no depth/length, nothing at all. On many several separate occasions today he had opportunities to actually take the ball on the front-foot and be aggressive with his favoured backhand. Never once did he lean forward on it and try to make something happen. Where was taking the initiative?
3 hours ago:

Quote:
Murray's been training and playing at this level for years now. I don't think it will be a fitter player contest though, so I agree. It's grass and both are attacking players now a days.

with cheap media love and fawners praising who didn't win slams

it must have been good to be a Swiss?

but chokers are always present in slam draws, wearing orange shoes and gold handbags
---
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
Now these are the nights I am going to remember
Dead Net Cord is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 03:47 PM   #21
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Net Cord View Post
3 hours ago:

....as so I thought.... Foolishly I believed the aggressive Murray would turn up today as he'd realise a no other version of his playing self would do today at this level and stage in a grandslam.

Are you just here to troll mate?

Last edited by ClutchOnandWin : 07-02-2014 at 03:50 PM.
Old 07-02-2014, 03:50 PM   #22
country flag Fumus

Fumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You're a hater. I don't expect a balanced and well concerted argument from someone that has clearly a degree of feeling animosity towards Murray. I can sense it in your tone.

Your attempts to derail this thread have been reported to the mod-team and you're being placed on ignore.
What is a "well concerted" argument? Did you just make that up? This thread should just be merged with the post match thread.

What else do you sense? Also, what tone am I using? Just curious?

Please take your whining to the post match thread where it belongs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moozza View Post
I thought he was playing with controlled aggression in the early rounds this year. That obviously disappeared today and he was very passive. I agree that it wasn't as if Dimitrov was doing much to stop him being aggressive but when you are playing defensively and still making loads of UE's the natural instinct isn't to be more aggressive.
Did you watch the same match I did? He was getting winnered on because he wasn't keep depth on his strokes, lol. It's really hard to be aggressive and force play in a tennis match when you are dropping the ball short or hitting without much pace...I mean, when I play my tennis matches too I can wish that I was being the one running the other guy around and blasting winners but if you aren't hitting the ball well, it's impossible.

He's slumping, it's as simple as that. Not playing well translates to getting winnered on and makeing unforced errors. I don't think there's any tactical changes he can make at the moment.
That's the gospel.
Old 07-02-2014, 03:51 PM   #23
country flag Mr. Oracle

Mr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond repute

Goes to show that coaching is more than instilling basic tennis knowledge. Ray didn't forget what to do out there all of a sudden. Lendl was both a father figure to Ray, and soothed his self destructive tendencies. If he coached Novak, he'd have 15 slams by now. Lendl is the IceMan.

Because, Djokovic, Murray, and Nadal certainly win Roger?

Even David Ferrer? (Roger 14 - 0 David)

Or, Roger loses even before QF? lol

argument.
Mr. Oracle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 03:54 PM   #24
country flag Dead Net Cord

Dead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
....as so I thought.... Foolishly I believed the aggressive Murray would turn up today as he'd realise a no other version of his playing self would do today at this level and stage in a grandslam.

Are you just here to troll mate?
No

Are you here to overreact mate?

with cheap media love and fawners praising who didn't win slams

it must have been good to be a Swiss?

but chokers are always present in slam draws, wearing orange shoes and gold handbags
---
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
Now these are the nights I am going to remember
Dead Net Cord is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 03:54 PM   #25
Banned!

Some Americans, I swear. lol

'What's well concerted mean?' 'Being winnered' lol

What to society.

Last edited by ClutchOnandWin : 07-02-2014 at 03:58 PM.
Old 07-02-2014, 03:58 PM   #26
Banned!

Smile Re: Ever since Andy Murray parted company from Llendl he has gone back to being PASSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
Goes to show that coaching is more than instilling basic tennis knowledge. Ray didn't forget what to do out there all of a sudden. Lendl was both a father figure to Ray, and soothed his self destructive tendencies. If he coached Novak, he'd have 15 slams by now. Lendl is the IceMan.
Fair point.

May be he didn't forget what to do out there all of a sudden, you're right, may be he wasn't in the mind-set he needed to be in for him, to execute that side of his game?
Old 07-02-2014, 04:00 PM   #27
country flag Fumus

Quote:
Americans. lol

'What's well concerted mean?' 'Being winnered' lol

What to society.
I think I like it better when you put me on ignore... that way you don't respond to my posts.

Again and again... I come into to threads that you post in... and make you look silly. You resort to avoiding the argument.

BTW... the expression "well concerted argument" doesn't exist. I think you mean a well constructed argument. Unless you meant I was collaborating with others when forming my posts? lol. Buy a dictionary.

Being winnered on...however, is common tennis terminology but I wouldn't expect someone who joined the forum post-2012 to know anything about seeing winners being struck. lol, the game has changed.
That's the gospel.
Old 07-02-2014, 04:01 PM   #28
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Net Cord View Post
No

Are you here to overreact mate?
You call this an over-reaction? Howmany forehand unforced errors did Murray make today? Over 25? What was it?

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=473282 < This is an over-reaction.
Old 07-02-2014, 04:13 PM   #29
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fumus View Post
I think I like it better when you put me on ignore... that way you don't respond to my posts.

Again and again... I come into to threads that you post in... and make you look silly. You resort to avoiding the argument.

BTW... the expression "well concerted argument" doesn't exist. I think you mean a well constructed argument. Unless you meant I was collaborating with others when forming my posts? lol. Buy a dictionary.

Being winnered on...however, is common tennis terminology but I wouldn't expect someone who joined the forum post-2012 to know anything about seeing winners being struck. lol, the game has changed.
You;ve never come to a thread of mine to make me look silly, first time I've seen you infact. Tbh I think it will have to definitely be the last as well, basing off this first impression of how much of a narrow mind and empty vessel you are

I switched off from wanting to debate this with from the moment you started off with baseless arguments and hating.

I've watched and played tennis since the early 90s. 'Being winnered' is what the American ball-bashing tennis club-player community must use I assume?

Listening to you; you seem to have an unhealthy obsession with me.

You are on ignore, but foolishly I clicked view post to see what next line of bitterness you'd come out with as an American that's upset a British player won Wimbledon whilst there's being no American's of any significance on tour. My bad. Your presence on this forum seems to me to have been pretty non-existent btw, seeing as I've never noticed you until this obnoxious ambush. May be that's because I am skilled luckily at filtering out crap.

I don't think I'll be wasting my time and clicking view post again.

Last edited by ClutchOnandWin : 07-02-2014 at 04:18 PM.
Old 07-02-2014, 04:16 PM   #30
country flag MaxPower

MaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond repute

BACK to being passive? You mean he was aggressive under Lendl?

No. But his back was healthy and he had confidence. Simple as that.
MaxPower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote