Johnny Groove Tennis Career (Preparing for North Miami October 4) - Page 216 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-09-2014, 04:54 AM   #3226
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Johnny Groove Tennis Career

Looks like we all saw what was going on in Paris yesterday

As for the poll, I agree with MTF. These are the nights I'm going to remember is probably the best one so far. Sam Querrey should be ashamed of himself is another good one. I have plenty of theses I've written and will continue to write more as my career progresses. MTF taking them and spinning them, such as "These are the (blank) I am going to remember" or "(blank) should be ashamed of himself" is very good to see.

They say imitations is the sincerest form of flattery, and as much as MTF is a cesspool of mugs, it is my cesspool of mugs.

As for my own career, I'm training in the days and delivering pizzas at night. I took the GRE last Friday, will get the scores back in 2 weeks. Hopefully I did well enough and can get into graduate school in the fall.

I'll be back playing in Plantation next weekend, then a weekend off, then I am playing 11 tournaments in a row from June 28-September 6. I am currently #177 in the state and I'd like to get within the top 100 in Florida before the end of the year at the very least.

So we gonna see what's going on.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2014, 08:08 AM   #3227
country flag latso

latso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post

As for the poll, I agree with MTF. These are the nights I'm going to remember is probably the best one so far. Sam Querrey should be ashamed of himself is another good one. I have plenty of theses I've written and will continue to write more as my career progresses. MTF taking them and spinning them, such as "These are the (blank) I am going to remember" or "(blank) should be ashamed of himself" is very good to see.

They say imitations is the sincerest form of flattery, and as much as MTF is a cesspool of mugs, it is my cesspool of mugs.

As for my own career, I'm training in the days and delivering pizzas at night. I took the GRE last Friday, will get the scores back in 2 weeks. Hopefully I did well enough and can get into graduate school in the fall.

I'll be back playing in Plantation next weekend, then a weekend off, then I am playing 11 tournaments in a row from June 28-September 6. I am currently #177 in the state and I'd like to get within the top 100 in Florida before the end of the year at the very least.

Maturing before our eyes, nice to see.

That's more of a realistic goal and i believe you can get there. Step by step.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauletekis View Post
there won't be many WC matches that are going to be played at the same time of Wimby, but if I have to choose, WC will always come first by a long shot. Even if it's Argelia vs. South Korea.
no shit..

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0B1S View Post
Both as long as they don't overlap, but when they do - it's world cup every time for me.
NID
latso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 12:32 PM   #3228
country flag Blue Heart24

Blue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond repute

So you won't be in retirement till you're 29 like you claimed before?
Good decision.
Blue Heart24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 12:41 PM   #3229
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

How's your back then, better?

You certainly have talent for writing, whether you can make it in Hollywood remains to be seen but I wish you luck.
Old 06-09-2014, 12:41 PM   #3230
country flag VamosRafaNadal

VamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond repute

As latso said, good to see you making a realistic goal. Go for the TOP100 in Florida and then when you win matches and confidence you will be able to fight for higher goals
FITD: #12 (Best: #9) | Runner-up: Cincinnati 2013
PAW: #11 (Best: #11) | Titles: Indian Wells 2013
Suicide Tennis: #3 (Best: #1) | Titles: Cincinnati 2013
Tennis Tipping - Singles: #10 (Best: #10) | Titles: ATP Houston 2014 | Final: US OPEN 2013, Arad CH 2013, Tampere CH 2013, Poitiers Fut 2014
Tennis Tipping - Doubles: #67 (Best: #67) Titles: ATP Nice 2014 (w/gak3) | Final: Dallas CH 2014 (w/orangehat), Binghamton CH 2013 (w/randy72391)
Rafael Nadal: The King of Clay. The Warrior. The Mental Giant.
Richard Gasquet: The most beautiful and talented backhand of the tour (after De Schepper).

De Schepper - Thiem - Giraldo - Cilic - Youzhny - Nishikori - Gulbis - Haas - Berlocq - Jaziri - Berankis - Fucsovics - McGee
VamosRafaNadal is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 05:22 PM   #3231
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by latso View Post
Maturing before our eyes, nice to see.

That's more of a realistic goal and i believe you can get there. Step by step.
Yes indeed, one day at a time and we gonna see what's going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Heart24 View Post
So you won't be in retirement till you're 29 like you claimed before?
Good decision.

Hopefully I can get into graduate school in the fall, and find some balance between work/school/training every week and find a way to do it all. I want to graduate at 26/27, get a good paying job, save up until 28 or so, then travel the country in the van Dustin Brown style from age 28, 29, 30, and see what's going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV View Post
How's your back then, better?

You certainly have talent for writing, whether you can make it in Hollywood remains to be seen but I wish you luck.
Thanks Maria, I have always been a good writer, but it is a hobby, not a career. I don't enjoy writing when I have to write for stories or I have to write for journalism. I have tried before and it becomes a real chore.

The back feels fine right now, but my biggest issue right now is the right wrist. The right knee, which caused me to take some days off last week is feeling a bit better, every day trying to be better, harder, faster, stronger, my work is never over

Quote:
Originally Posted by VamosRafaNadal View Post
As latso said, good to see you making a realistic goal. Go for the TOP100 in Florida and then when you win matches and confidence you will be able to fight for higher goals

Quote:
Old 06-10-2014, 09:26 PM   #3232
country flag MichaelKrep

MichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond repute

Imagine if the world operated according to JG's delusions. It would be such a fun place to live.

Grigor Dimitrov Newest Member of Top 10
Jo-Wilfried Tsonga | Marcos Baghdatis

Andy Murray | Alexandr Dolgopolov | Milos Raonic
Pistol Pete
MichaelKrep is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 09:42 PM   #3233
country flag Police Of Mind

Police Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond repute

An Irresponsible Wildcard Girl on every corner
Police Of Mind is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 03:49 AM   #3234
country flag streetballdude

streetballdude has a reputation beyond reputestreetballdude has a reputation beyond reputestreetballdude has a reputation beyond reputestreetballdude has a reputation beyond reputestreetballdude has a reputation beyond reputestreetballdude has a reputation beyond reputestreetballdude has a reputation beyond reputestreetballdude has a reputation beyond reputestreetballdude has a reputation beyond reputestreetballdude has a reputation beyond reputestreetballdude has a reputation beyond repute

7 billion people remembering the nights...

Groove's Career Plan
Quote:
Age 30-34, make my way into top 10 from top 2000
Age 35-40, peak/prime
Age 41-42, decline, retire in 2032
streetballdude is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 11:34 AM   #3235
country flag ReturnAce

ReturnAce has a reputation beyond reputeReturnAce has a reputation beyond reputeReturnAce has a reputation beyond reputeReturnAce has a reputation beyond reputeReturnAce has a reputation beyond reputeReturnAce has a reputation beyond reputeReturnAce has a reputation beyond reputeReturnAce has a reputation beyond reputeReturnAce has a reputation beyond reputeReturnAce has a reputation beyond reputeReturnAce has a reputation beyond repute

I've seen this movement before.

First Nadal quote, now this.

Groove should be proud of himself.

ReturnAce is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 11:43 AM   #3236
country flag Chris Kuerten

Chris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnAce View Post
I've seen this movement before.

First Nadal quote, now this.

Groove should be proud of himself.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1876748360987

For reference, 0:45.

Benoit Bernard Ernests Fabio Joao Marcel Radek Tommy Viktor

Purgers of Very Nice Boys
Chris Kuerten is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:48 PM   #3237
Future ATP Star

vs. Adam J. Graham and then most likely Anouar Jakhoukh.

http://tennislink.usta.com/Tournamen....aspx?T=145609

http://www.itftennis.com/procircuit/...erid=100150701

My training has been spot on, diet has been spot on, rest has been spot on. Body feels strong, I feel sharp. Didn't work at Dominos yesterday, today, or tomorrow. No excuses. I don't know what else I can do to prepare. If I don't win 2 rounds tomorrow I'll be fucking pissed off. No tournament next week, so I need to go all out tomorrow. It is time to see what's going on.

Quote:

Last edited by Johnny Groove : 06-13-2014 at 10:03 PM.
Old 06-13-2014, 06:53 PM   #3238
country flag Dead Net Cord

Dead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Johnny Groove vs. Daniel J. Graham Plantation Men's Open R64

Wgswgo
Every day we see what's going on.

Every day what's going on is better than what went on yesterday. [...]

Every time you play in a match, you must stare down your opponent in the eye with a look that says: "I'm a different animal than I was 5 minutes ago. You will have to kill me 10 times just to win 1 point."
--------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombrerero loco View Post
Henri "god-like" "superstar" "GOATinen" Kontinen =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombrerero loco View Post
of course henri "finnish viking" "the goat" "BEASTinen" "konetinen" kontinen
Dead Net Cord is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:58 PM   #3239
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Johnny Groove vs. Daniel J. Graham Plantation Men's Open R64

Go Johnny Go Go Go!
Old 06-13-2014, 10:23 PM   #3240
country flag VamosRafaNadal

VamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Johnny Groove vs. Adam J. Graham Plantation Men's Open R64

Vamos Groove
FITD: #12 (Best: #9) | Runner-up: Cincinnati 2013
PAW: #11 (Best: #11) | Titles: Indian Wells 2013
Suicide Tennis: #3 (Best: #1) | Titles: Cincinnati 2013
Tennis Tipping - Singles: #10 (Best: #10) | Titles: ATP Houston 2014 | Final: US OPEN 2013, Arad CH 2013, Tampere CH 2013, Poitiers Fut 2014
Tennis Tipping - Doubles: #67 (Best: #67) Titles: ATP Nice 2014 (w/gak3) | Final: Dallas CH 2014 (w/orangehat), Binghamton CH 2013 (w/randy72391)
Rafael Nadal: The King of Clay. The Warrior. The Mental Giant.
Richard Gasquet: The most beautiful and talented backhand of the tour (after De Schepper).

De Schepper - Thiem - Giraldo - Cilic - Youzhny - Nishikori - Gulbis - Haas - Berlocq - Jaziri - Berankis - Fucsovics - McGee
VamosRafaNadal is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote