Will Nadal ever decline? - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-09-2014, 08:07 PM   #61
country flag SaFed2005

SaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will Nadal ever decline?

Nope the Spanish doctors are the best.

As for comparison with Federer, Fed had younger players challenging and beating him. Currently there are no young guys challenging or beating Nadal. Nadal is more likely to lose guys 25+ than guys under 25.

Young generation sucks. Men's tennis will be similar to womens tennis soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOAT = Fed View Post
He's 28 now and considering how much physical his game is it is amazing he is still running around like a rabbit and still racking slams at this late age. It is especially more astounding when you consider that he started winning slams at only 19 (just a few weeks after he turned 18) and has racked so many miles in his body. In ccomparison federer turned 28 in Aug 2009 and he only won 2 slams after and his decline was VERY apparent, moreso than Rafa's. And this is taking into account that Federer's game is nowhere near as physical as Rafa's and Federer won his first slam a month from turning 22.

Yes Rafa has declined from his 08-11 days but it's not as apparent as other greats at 28 like Federer or Sampras whose declines were very clear to see, in comparison Rafa has declined slighty as he is still very fast and physically able to handle a lot, just slightly less than in his prime.

To me this is weird as a few years back people thought that, due to his very physical game and knee problem, he'd be a spent force by 27, but he is still going VERY strong for a 28 year with such a physically demanding game with knees problems.

So why hasn't Nadal declined as fast as the other greats like Federer, Sampras or Borg who at his age were very clearly spent forces despite having a game which is 1000x times more physical with a knee problem? It still seems like Rafa can go on for a few years winning slams consistently or certainly remaining very competitive. Is he just a freak of nature who will never decline? He still is fast as a rabbit on court, the loss in speed is barely noticeable and his stamina is just as good as in his prime yet this was not the case with Federer at 28 with a far less physically demanding game.
SaFed2005 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2014, 08:11 PM   #62
country flag Kyle_Johansen

Kyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueclay View Post
I agree, its just that rafa game style show more evidently athleticism. which doesnt mean players with different styles dont have. I'd still put Rafa ahead of anyone else in that department.. although the difference isnt as big as some people make it to be, specially not compared to Federer, Sampras, Djokovic or Agassi.

I think fans care more about the relistic chances of winning slams than about decline. If a X player has declined during the year but still maanges to peak for slams and consistently do finals/win them, then there is no problem for them.
Yes, Nadal's style showcases his athleticism more than any other, with his speed, stamina, and power. But Federer was certainly an elite athlete in his day with his core strength, reflexes, agility, speed, and consistency. And Sampras was an explosive server and mover which is necessary to play the serve-volley game he had. He too had to have excellent athleticism to cut off volleys and get into net fast.
6) Rosewall 7) Agassi 8) Lendl 9) Connors 10) McEnroe
Top 10 favourite all-time list
1) Federer 2) Safin 3) Agassi 4) Sampras 5) Edberg
6) Lendl 7) Haas 8) Hewitt 9) Connors 10) Becker
Kyle_Johansen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 08:33 PM   #63
country flag bouncer7

bouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle_Johansen View Post
Yes, Nadal's style showcases his athleticism more than any other, with his speed, stamina, and power. But Federer was certainly an elite athlete in his day with his core strength, reflexes, agility, speed, and consistency. And Sampras was an explosive server and mover which is necessary to play the serve-volley game he had. He too had to have excellent athleticism to cut off volleys and get into net fast.
Fedmug has never was an athlete, he just was playing in the weak era with no athletes at all, era of average atheletes would not let baby Nadal to be #2, as you see now in the era of super athletes there are no u20 player in top 200. Not to mention djokovic, murray and delpotro as other members of top5

weak era clowns <<< WTA athletes

Djokovic Nadal Ferrer Murray Del Potro

race list

FEDAL RIVALRY = >>>CLICK<<<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloren View Post
Fraud's luck is absolutely disgusting.
bouncer7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 08:35 PM   #64
country flag bouncer7

bouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond repute

If Nadal goes on with not caring for Rome,Barcelona and Madrid, and get rested well, he will win next 7 RGs, well maybe Djokovic get lucky at one of them.

He is clay alien.

Djokovic Nadal Ferrer Murray Del Potro

race list

FEDAL RIVALRY = >>>CLICK<<<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloren View Post
Fraud's luck is absolutely disgusting.
bouncer7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 05:47 PM   #65
country flag Htom Sirveaux

Htom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond repute

Edit: Was replying here to a post that's been deleted.

What the hell are you talking about? There's nothing in the slightest bit controversial or 'confessional' about the sentence you bolded.

And your question about why Nadal would play better from April to September than the rest of the year is pretty baffling. Do you have any understanding whatsoever of how players tend to prefer different playing conditions depending upon the style they employ or that players might prioritize and peak for the heart of the season and its three slams rather than the rest of the season?

Last edited by Htom Sirveaux : 06-10-2014 at 07:34 PM.
Htom Sirveaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 05:49 PM   #66
country flag SheepleBuster

SheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't be surprised if he does not decline but sooner or later, what you do to you body comes back to bite you in the nuts.

Suarez & Nadal : True Trailblazers in Sports

Dedicated to the neo-L.Ron Hubbard of Espana, fake Pharaoh without clothes ... cult leader extraordinaire
SheepleBuster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 06:06 PM   #67
country flag danieln1

danieln1 has a reputation beyond reputedanieln1 has a reputation beyond reputedanieln1 has a reputation beyond reputedanieln1 has a reputation beyond reputedanieln1 has a reputation beyond reputedanieln1 has a reputation beyond reputedanieln1 has a reputation beyond reputedanieln1 has a reputation beyond reputedanieln1 has a reputation beyond reputedanieln1 has a reputation beyond reputedanieln1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaFed2005 View Post

Young generation sucks. Men's tennis will be similar to womens tennis soon.
All of this.

Well dull has won a slam every year since 05, why would he stop right now? He will win 15 RG titles. he the best claycourter ever.

Also supporting Fabrice Santoro (legend), Novak Djokovic, all the brazilian guys, Del Potro, Zeballos, Rosol, Dodig, Darcis, Wawrinka, Dolgopolov, Ferrer
danieln1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 06:31 PM   #68
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute

He has the PRP injections and the stem cells treatments,....

One has to wonder how many would have won if Medicine hadn't gotten this far.
Old 06-10-2014, 06:33 PM   #69

Htom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyNonomous View Post
You mean like fast hardcourts (Nadal DOMINATED the summer hardcourts last year) ? You mean only Nadal tries to peak at the time of year when three GS's are played ? He seems to be the only one doing a good job at it.
The USO Series plays a bit slower than much of the post USO season, its bounce is generally higher than those events and he tends to use the sun/heat/wind of outdoor events to his advantage whereas much of the tour prefers the sterile conditions found indoors. The 2013 USO Series also happens to be something of an outlier for Nadal as it's probably the only year he's been by far the best player on tour during that period. Seriously, do you follow tennis closely? Why should it surprise you that Nadal does relatively poorly during the indoor-like East Asia and indoor Euro period of the year?

And how has Nadal been the only player peaking for slams? Fed's been doing that for years now besides his universally shit 2013, Murray's made a habit of it recently and all-time greats like Sampras did it late in their careers too. As I said previously, Djokovic's poor slam record relative to what he's achieved during the rest of the year is what's unusual, not Nadal's peaking for slams.
Old 06-10-2014, 06:44 PM   #70
country flag AndyNonomous

AndyNonomous has a reputation beyond reputeAndyNonomous has a reputation beyond reputeAndyNonomous has a reputation beyond reputeAndyNonomous has a reputation beyond reputeAndyNonomous has a reputation beyond reputeAndyNonomous has a reputation beyond reputeAndyNonomous has a reputation beyond reputeAndyNonomous has a reputation beyond reputeAndyNonomous has a reputation beyond reputeAndyNonomous has a reputation beyond reputeAndyNonomous has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htom Sirveaux View Post
The USO Series plays a bit slower than much of the post USO season, its bounce is generally higher than those events and he tends to use the sun/heat/wind of outdoor events to his advantage whereas much of the tour prefers the sterile conditions found indoors. The 2013 USO Series also happens to be something of an outlier for Nadal as it's probably the only year he's been by far the best player on tour during that period. Seriously, do you follow tennis closely? Why should it surprise you that Nadal does relatively poorly during the indoor-like East Asia and indoor Euro period of the year?

And how has Nadal been the only player peaking for slams? Fed's been doing that for years now besides his universally shit 2013, Murray's made a habit of it recently and all-time greats like Sampras did it late in their careers too. As I said previously, Djokovic's poor slam record relative to what he's achieved during the rest of the year is what's unusual, not Nadal's peaking for slams.

Ya, I knew you would come up with "explanations". You are acting like a lawyer who believes he has a guilty client, trying to "argue away" the truth.

Before 2010, most Nadal fans rationalized that Nadal couldn't win the USO, because "it is too hard on his knees", and too quick, and low bouncing. Now that he has won it twice, "his knees are cured by a process that has been clinically proven to not work, and the USO is slow and highbouncing". LOL !

You don't get to the "truth" by arguing it away, or any other form of denial (closing the thought process). You get to the truth by "opening your mind to new thoughts".

Try it some time.

By the way, here is Andre's "conditioning coach". Notice the bloating and the acne.

Last edited by AndyNonomous : 06-10-2014 at 06:57 PM.
AndyNonomous is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 06:45 PM   #71
country flag Sofonda Cox
Banned!

Sofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaFed2005 View Post
My thought entirely....
Sofonda Cox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 06:53 PM   #72
country flag Kiedis

Kiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by safin-rules-no.1 View Post
My thought entirely....
Mine is Swiss doctors are way better.

God is killing me
Kiedis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 07:13 PM   #73

Quote:
Ya, I knew you would come up with "explanations". You are acting like a lawyer who believes he has a guilty client, trying to "argue away" the truth.

Before 2010, most Nadal fans rationalized that Nadal couldn't win the USO, because "it is too hard on his knees", and too quick, and low bouncing. Now that he has won it twice, "his knees are cured by a process that has been clinically proven to not work, and the USO is slow and highbouncing". LOL !

You don't get to the "truth" by arguing it away, or any other form of denial (closing the thought process). You get to the truth by "opening your mind to new thoughts".

Try it some time.
Your fortune cookie Eastern 'philosophy' sure is more convincing than 'explanations'.

And the point about the wear HC puts on Nadal's knees has never had anything to do with his success or lack thereof on that surface but rather that it's quite obvious that overplaying on that surface is horrible for his body considering his play style. But this is just more 'explanations', I know.
Old 06-10-2014, 07:20 PM   #74
country flag AndyNonomous

AndyNonomous has a reputation beyond reputeAndyNonomous has a reputation beyond reputeAndyNonomous has a reputation beyond reputeAndyNonomous has a reputation beyond reputeAndyNonomous has a reputation beyond reputeAndyNonomous has a reputation beyond reputeAndyNonomous has a reputation beyond reputeAndyNonomous has a reputation beyond reputeAndyNonomous has a reputation beyond reputeAndyNonomous has a reputation beyond reputeAndyNonomous has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htom Sirveaux View Post
Your fortune cookie Eastern 'philosophy' sure is more convincing than 'explanations'.

And the point about the wear HC puts on Nadal's knees has never had anything to do with his success or lack thereof on that surface but rather that it's quite obvious that overplaying on that surface is horrible for his body considering his play style. But this is just more 'explanations', I know.

I never said it did. I said "Nadal fans argued Nadal couldn't win on fast hardcourt, because it was hard on his knees" (as well as fast and low bouncing). I agree, that the original argument your allies made was a poor one.

Now that he has had success at the USO, the "explanations" have changed dramatically.

Last edited by AndyNonomous : 06-13-2014 at 04:26 AM.
AndyNonomous is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 07:33 PM   #75

Quote:
I never said it did. I said "Nadal fans argued Nadal couldn't win on fast hardcourt, because it was hard on his knees" (as well as fast and low bouncing). I agree, that the original argument your allies made was a poor one.

Now that he has had success at the USO, the "explanations" have changed.
Neither did I. Who the fuck are you arguing with? There are dumb tards in every fan base and bringing them into a one-on-one exchange doesn't help your argument.

And it's quite obvious that Nadal's had more success on HC in recent years because his game has changed. 'Explanations' are gonna change when facts on the ground change, buddy.