Rome SF: Novak Djokovic def. Milos Raonic 6-7(5), 7-6(4), 6-3 - Page 14 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-18-2014, 03:23 AM   #196
country flag Lugburz

Lugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rome SF: Novak Djokovic def. Milos Raonic 6-7(5), 7-6(4), 6-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
It is really strange that nobody in Canada is reporting anything about this situation in Serbia and Bosnia . I had no clue. I heard about it here and then when I was reading about the Nole/Raonic match on the net, Globe&Mail had an article about the match and they mentioned Djokovic talking about it. Bizarre. I don't watch news 24/7 religiously but I try to stay well informed.

All I can say is, my best wishes to all affected people in Serbia and Bosnia.
Hey Alex, long time no see. Thx for the wishes and I don't feel a bit surprised that western media doesn't cover our situation.

Besides, Mr.Oracle and others who don't believe me. Alex and I go way back so go ahead and ask him where I'm from.

Philipp Kohlschreiber - Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post
Everytime Haas wins a point is the happiest moment in my life.
Lugburz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2014, 03:23 AM   #197
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
It is really strange that nobody in Canada is reporting anything about this situation in Serbia and Bosnia . I had no clue. I heard about it here and then when I was reading about the Nole/Raonic match on the net, Globe&Mail had an article about the match and they mentioned Djokovic talking about it. Bizarre. I don't watch news 24/7 religiously but I try to stay well informed.

All I can say is, my best wishes to all affected people in Serbia and Bosnia.
I am in a similar place as you. Did not have a clue about this until I read about it here. Can't believe how focused on other BS the Western media is sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
I see you're one of those people who take people's claims on the internet at face value. I bring up sandbags, he says he's laid one million by noon etc.

It's impossible for his foundation to support this relief without him being in the public eye. Are you people really this obtuse?
How can his foundation not support relief without him being in the public eye again? If you mean he can't get donations from outside Serbia, maybe yes, otherwise your claim makes 0 sense.

About Lugburz, I've seen and read enough from him to judge what kind of a person he is. Certainly not one to take things he writes lightly.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

On "vulturing" Shanghai
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrows View Post
lucky win with Mayer, easy draw, Simon choked, Dull with appendicitis, Nole to become father, closed roof from organizers, Del Potro injured, Hrbaty retired
plenty to pick from
On patriotism and the DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crustaceok View Post
Barbados is in the same division as Spain. Unbelievable.
Looner is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 03:31 AM   #198
country flag NSMv1924

NSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugburz View Post
As I said, I live in Belgrade, and you'd have to live under a rock not to hear about Djkovic now and then.
Therefore I know EVERYTHING he's done for this country and I completely respect that, I've said numerous times.
I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST DJOKOVIC if that's what you as a fanboy needed to hear because my rant wasn't about him but the people and the media above all, how they see him as a god. It's insane. These people didn't even know what tennis was before he ranked highly. It's the sense of false pride.

And the whole picture thing, you gotta insane if you think I'd post anything about our situation on a freaking MTF.
That's the problem of these new generation kids. They feel like they need to post their life on the internet.
Now I need to catch some sleep and don't feel like I'm judging Djokovic for anything, he's doing his job. He is playing tennis.
I don't understand why you think the people of Serbia shouldn't view Novak as anything but an incredible ambassador for their country?

TBH I actually think he's a worse tennis player for being involved in all of these organizations, charities etc. - he could be using that time to sleep, eat and breathe tennis.
Old 05-18-2014, 03:31 AM   #199
country flag Lugburz

Lugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I see you're one of those people who take people's claims on the internet at face value. I bring up sandbags, he says he's laid one million by noon etc.
Where did I say this exactly? Why do you feel the need to put words in my mouth? I never said that.
I said I donated numerous clothes and many stuff/food and that they told us that volunteers are NO LONGER NEEDED.(Because it got too crowded)

I also said that I'm going tomorrow to see if there will be something for me to help. I thought it was pretty clear.

Philipp Kohlschreiber - Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Quote:
Old 05-18-2014, 03:49 AM   #200
country flag Lugburz

OK I think it's time to let it go as my simple rant about our people and the media regarding Djokovic has gone way out of hand.

The situation in our country is no laughing matter, so that's why, MR.Oracle you will not see me trolling or posting nonsenses.

Djokovic is indeed a great ambassador for our country and I respect that dearly. What you guys didn't understand is those people that regard him as a god while they don't even follow tennis or even his matches. Trust me Iam witnessing that too often. Even some of my friends.
Since he is playing tennis match, there's no need for commentators or anyone to pin the current situation to his match.
He's done enough writing on cam 'Support Serbia' and I'm glad he did it because as you see lot of western media are deliberately neglecting our situation. Which isn't the 1st time, but that's another topic, nvm.

I feel like we already spammed this thread too much with kinda off topic stuff, so I'm sorry about that. But a good thing about it, is that some people here learned about the situation this way.

Quote:
Old 05-18-2014, 04:07 AM   #201
country flag Mr. Oracle

Mr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
OK I think it's time to let it go as my simple rant about our people and the media regarding Djokovic has gone way out of hand.

The situation in our country is no laughing matter, so that's why, MR.Oracle you will not see me trolling or posting nonsenses.

Djokovic is indeed a great ambassador for our country and I respect that dearly. What you guys didn't understand is those people that regard him as a god while they don't even follow tennis or even his matches. Trust me Iam witnessing that too often. Even some of my friends.
Since he is playing tennis match, there's no need for commentators or anyone to pin the current situation to his match.
He's done enough writing on cam 'Support Serbia' and I'm glad he did it because as you see lot of western media are deliberately neglecting our situation. Which isn't the 1st time, but that's another topic, nvm.

I feel like we already spammed this thread too much with kinda off topic stuff, so I'm sorry about that. But a good thing about it, is that some people here learned about the situation this way.
I can see you're an idealist but I have trouble understanding how you draw certain conclusions. For instance, why be indignant that someone respects Novak for his accomplishments while not having a deep interest in tennis? I for one respect and admire Nikola Tesla (one of the greatest scientists in history) but have no direct interest in things electric. In the same way, Nole's benefited his country in many ways and people respond to that.

Mind if I ask why you don't have a Serbian flag? Is it too pretentious? Are you an ethnic minority or a Serb? I did a swap a while ago for certain reasons but it's going back to the canadian flag soon.
Old 05-18-2014, 04:25 AM   #202
country flag MaratandMilos

MaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yomike View Post
Raonic is so much better on clay than hardcourt. I honestly think this is his best surface.
Nope, he's actually much better on hard (.704 win percentage career) than clay (.574), which is another reason why his play here is so promising for what it could mean later in the season. Although I do think he's definitely improving on clay. He's much better on it than grass for example.
MaratandMilos is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 04:31 AM   #203
country flag Loosie

Loosie has a reputation beyond reputeLoosie has a reputation beyond reputeLoosie has a reputation beyond reputeLoosie has a reputation beyond reputeLoosie has a reputation beyond reputeLoosie has a reputation beyond reputeLoosie has a reputation beyond reputeLoosie has a reputation beyond reputeLoosie has a reputation beyond reputeLoosie has a reputation beyond reputeLoosie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaratandMilos View Post
Nope, he's actually much better on hard (.704 win percentage career) than clay (.574), which is another reason why his play here is so promising for what it could mean later in the season. Although I do think he's definitely improving on clay. He's much better on it than grass for example.
I sure hope he has a better grass season than his horrendous 1-3 performance last year.
Loosie is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 04:37 AM   #204
country flag MaratandMilos

MaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosie View Post
I sure hope he has a better grass season than his horrendous 1-3 performance last year.
He was in a really bad state of mind last year after getting rid of Galo Blanco. Those losses against Monfils, Dodig, and Sijsling were all about as bad as he can play. I'm sure he'll be better than that this year, but he's never been able to deal with that surface well. You'd think with his serve alone, though, that he'd still be able to win his fair share of matches.
MaratandMilos is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 09:05 AM   #205
country flag NID

NID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Mind if I ask why you don't have a Serbian flag? Is it too pretentious? Are you an ethnic minority or a Serb?
Classy, as always.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
NID is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 09:50 AM   #206
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

im rewatching the match now. wow djokovic was so lucky raonic choked in tie break...he could have lost this match in 2 sets....

Jerzy Janowicz/Bernard the aTomic /Thanasi Kokkinakis/Kei Nishikori

John Millman / Javier Martí/Taro Daniel-Jules Marie-Josh Milton

Henkka Kontinen
-Nick Kyrgios-Henri Laaksonen- Attila Balazs- Pierre Hugues Herbert-Alex Bolt-Marcus Willis-Kristijan Mesaros-Brydan Klein-Chris Rungkat-Piotr Gadomski-Hugo Nys-Pol Toledo
www.tennisalternative.com
Sombrerero loco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 10:30 AM   #207
country flag hazzard

hazzard has a reputation beyond reputehazzard has a reputation beyond reputehazzard has a reputation beyond reputehazzard has a reputation beyond reputehazzard has a reputation beyond reputehazzard has a reputation beyond reputehazzard has a reputation beyond reputehazzard has a reputation beyond reputehazzard has a reputation beyond reputehazzard has a reputation beyond reputehazzard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hey Alex, long time no see. Thx for the wishes and I don't feel a bit surprised that western media doesn't cover our situation.

Besides, Mr.Oracle and others who don't believe me. Alex and I go way back so go ahead and ask him where I'm from.
How come that you have time to post here, while your country is flooded, only to say how Novaks patriotism is questionable,oh wait, you trying to help here on powerful internet community like this and people seems to really care here what is happening in your country but your countryman doesn't.
Man only doing his job and the same time trying to help as much as he can.
hazzard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 11:01 AM   #208
country flag zjtennis

zjtennis has a reputation beyond reputezjtennis has a reputation beyond reputezjtennis has a reputation beyond reputezjtennis has a reputation beyond reputezjtennis has a reputation beyond reputezjtennis has a reputation beyond reputezjtennis has a reputation beyond reputezjtennis has a reputation beyond reputezjtennis has a reputation beyond reputezjtennis has a reputation beyond reputezjtennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak3yman84 View Post
I believe in the man with the sleeve.
#BelieveInTheSleeve.
Salute to Treat Huey for representing the Philippines in ATP Doubles!
--------------------------------------------------
ATP Tour Calendar Week 44: Paris - The final stop before the World Tour Finals! #TheFinalStopParis
Federer is the new Djokovic 2014? 2014 ATP Top Players (in GIF form)!
Race to London 2014 #5Spots7Players #TheFinalStopParis #2Spots3PlayersLeft:
zjtennis is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 11:05 AM   #209
country flag hazzard

hazzard has a reputation beyond reputehazzard has a reputation beyond reputehazzard has a reputation beyond reputehazzard has a reputation beyond reputehazzard has a reputation beyond reputehazzard has a reputation beyond reputehazzard has a reputation beyond reputehazzard has a reputation beyond reputehazzard has a reputation beyond reputehazzard has a reputation beyond reputehazzard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombrerero loco View Post
im rewatching the match now. wow djokovic was so lucky raonic choked in tie break...he could have lost this match in 2 sets....
Yeah ,so lucky that he lost lead 3 0 at the beggining of first TB Endless luck this Novak
hazzard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 02:09 PM   #210
country flag rutinos harcos

rutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazzard View Post
How come that you have time to post here, while your country is flooded, only to say how Novaks patriotism is questionable,oh wait, you trying to help here on powerful internet community like this and people seems to really care here what is happening in your country but your countryman doesn't.
Man only doing his job and the same time trying to help as much as he can.
Excellent & true post.

ANTI DISGUSTING CHEATDULL
Balding,butt picking moonballer,the biggest cheater in the history of the sport.
THE MOST DISGUSTING WORD IN THE UNIVERSE:vamos
Endless DISGUSTING luck:rain, net, sick opponent.
Proud hater of disgusting BORING defensive moonballer from some island.
BEST SHOT EVER:USO SF 2011 Djoko King's CC FH on Fed's match point.
rutinos harcos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote