Question for those that play Tennis on Wilson ProStaff Series. - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-24-2005, 01:17 PM   #1
country flag prima donna
Banned!

prima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Question for those that play Tennis on Wilson ProStaff Series.

Not sure if this is a good place to ask, but we'll give it a try, there seems to always be someone on this site that knows a little about everything.

I've never used a racquet from the ProStaff Series and I'm interested in possibly trying the 6.0 ... Pete's old racquet ... mostly for the mass and the accuracy that I've heard it's given ... the only downside would be it's weight and that it's very wearing on the arm I hear...

This racquet I hear is very unforgiving on mishits, which I like, because it forces my swing to be more fluent because it will humiliate/punish me each time I make the slightest mistake. Does anyone have any feed back on it ? Have you had the pleasure or displeasure of using it before ?
prima donna is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2005, 02:09 PM   #2
country flag Frederick16

Frederick16 has a reputation beyond reputeFrederick16 has a reputation beyond reputeFrederick16 has a reputation beyond reputeFrederick16 has a reputation beyond reputeFrederick16 has a reputation beyond reputeFrederick16 has a reputation beyond reputeFrederick16 has a reputation beyond reputeFrederick16 has a reputation beyond reputeFrederick16 has a reputation beyond reputeFrederick16 has a reputation beyond reputeFrederick16 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question for those that play Tennis on Wilson ProStaff Series.

I had that racket as my first... Then i got the one Canas used... But i say try the dunlop... the orange one!! That will suit you i think. Great racket and now i play the highest Amateur level in sweden
Frederick16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 02:12 PM   #3
jtipson

jtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond repute

You could also try asking at TennisWarehouse (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php?). They have a specific forum for Raquets.
jtipson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 03:25 PM   #4
country flag ae wowww
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

ae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by myskinaLova
This racquet I hear is very unforgiving on mishits, which I like, because it forces my swing to be more fluent because it will humiliate/punish me each time I make the slightest mistake. Does anyone have any feed back on it ? Have you had the pleasure or displeasure of using it before ?
Sounds pretty kinky.

The racket itself is pretty stiff, and as a result of the racket's frame/structure, has a very small sweet spot-rather like Rogi's ncode. It is a nice stick, if you can use it, but I might not recommend it to a club player. As you say, it is also comparatively heavy. You could always demo it, or try a cheap one of eBay.
Jim Thomas - Max Mirnyi - Jordan Kerr - Rohan Bopanna - Andy Roddick - Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi - Ilia Bozoljac - Chris Haggard - Jan-Michael Gambill - Donald Young - Nathan Healey - Lleyton Hewitt - Jamie Murray - Olivier Rochus - James Blake - Vince Spadea - Tim Henman - John Isner - Travis Parrott - Paul Goldstein - Tim Henman - Wes Moodie - Arnaud Clement - Michael Russell - Jeff Coetzee

Surbiton Trophy Challenger 1998-2008

Jim Thomas Official Site

Jeff Coetzee Official Site
ae wowww is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 03:58 PM   #5
country flag Domino

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Spend sometimes just contacting the ball at the sweetspot. No wrist action, just hit flat on the sweetspot before you attempt to learn to topspin the ball. Then slowly work your wrist into the shot, learning how to control the weight of the racquet into your timing as you do it. It's important you figure out when to begin the acceleration of the racquet, and were to begin the rotation of your shoulder and hips into the shot. Whatever you do, don't go out and try to hit rallies with your same stroke; the stroke is going to have to change.