Duck Hee Lee - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-20-2014, 05:03 AM   #31
country flag Ace20

Ace20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Duck Hee Lee

Asian Closed Junior Championships 2014

R1: Duck Hee LEE (KOR) [1] def Joshua LIU (SIN) 6-0 6-1
R2: Duck Hee LEE (KOR) [1] def Hei Yin Andrew LI (HKG) 7-6(7) 6-4
QF: Duck Hee LEE (KOR) [1] def Sora FUKUDA (JPN) [5] 7-5 7-6(1)
SF: Duck Hee LEE (KOR) [1] def Weiqiang ZHENG (CHN) [4] 6-3 6-7(5) 7-6(5)
F: Yunseong CHUNG (KOR) [3] def Duck Hee LEE (KOR) [1] 7-6(1) 7-6(3)

Double

R1: Duck Hee LEE (KOR) / Weiqiang ZHENG (CHN) [1] def Sharmal DISSANAYAKE (SRI) / Teeradon TORTRAKUL (THA) 7-5 6-3
QF: Duck Hee LEE (KOR) / Weiqiang ZHENG (CHN) [1] def Aditya Anant GOKHALE (IND) / Vidit VAGHELA (IND) 6-1 6-2
SF: Duck Hee LEE (KOR) / Weiqiang ZHENG (CHN) [1] def Shoma KATO (JPN) / Ken ONISHI (JPN) [4] 6-1 2-6 [10-5]
F: Duck Hee LEE (KOR) / Weiqiang ZHENG (CHN) [1] def Sora FUKUDA (JPN) / Makoto OCHI (JPN) [2] 7-6(5) 6-2

Tsonga | Raonic | Dimitrov | Nishikori | Janowicz | Tomic | Sock | D.Y. | Harrison Bothers | Thiem | Kyrgios

Peliwo | Khachanov | Ymer Bothers | Kokkinakis | Coppejans | K. Edmund | Coric | Quinzi | Garin
Djere | L. Broady | JWH | Saville | Milojevic | Tatlot | Couacaud | Tiafoe | Mmoh | Kozlov | Rubin | O. Luz
Ace20 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2014, 05:04 AM   #32
country flag Ace20

Ace20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond repute

Tough lost in the Single Final but did win the Double final overall good week fore Duck Lee

Tsonga | Raonic | Dimitrov | Nishikori | Janowicz | Tomic | Sock | D.Y. | Harrison Bothers | Thiem | Kyrgios

Peliwo | Khachanov | Ymer Bothers | Kokkinakis | Coppejans | K. Edmund | Coric | Quinzi | Garin
Djere | L. Broady | JWH | Saville | Milojevic | Tatlot | Couacaud | Tiafoe | Mmoh | Kozlov | Rubin | O. Luz
Old 05-12-2014, 05:27 AM   #33
country flag Ace20

Busan, Korea Challenger

[6] Tatsuma ITO (JPN) vs [WC] Ji Sung NAM (KOR)
Luke SAVILLE (AUS) vs John-Patrick SMITH (AUS)
Tsung-Hua YANG (TPE) vs Shuichi SEKIGUCHI (JPN)
[WC] Duckhee LEE (KOR) vs [2] Go SOEDA (JPN)

Old 06-06-2014, 04:17 PM   #34
country flag Ace20

Roland Garros Junior French Championships

R1: Duck Hee Lee (KOR) [10] def Corentin Moutet (FRA) 6-1 6-3
R2: Duck Hee Lee (KOR) [10] def Hubert Hurkacz (POL) 6-4 2-6 11-9
R3: Stefan Kozlov (USA) [6] def Duck Hee Lee (KOR) [10] 7-6(4) 6-1

Doubles

R1: Nicolas ALVAREZ (PER) / Duck Hee LEE (KOR) [6] def Seong Chan HONG (KOR) / Ku Keon KANG (KOR) 6-3 6-3
R2: Filippo BALDI (ITA) / Matteo BERRETTINI (ITA) def Nicolas ALVAREZ (PER) / Duck Hee LEE (KOR) [6] 6-4 7-6(4)

Old 06-06-2014, 04:24 PM   #35
country flag Ace20

Also got an chance too practice with Nadal at RG

Quote:
Rafa trained w/Korean junior Lee Duck-hee yesterday. Here they are w/ a coach from the Barcelona Total Tennis Academy

Old 07-05-2014, 03:29 PM   #36
country flag Ace20

lost early in another slam

Wimbledon Junior

R1: Filippo Baldi def Duck Hee Lee 6-3 6-4

Double

R1: Lucas Miedler/ Filippo Baldi def Duck Hee Lee/Simon Friis Søndergaard 6-2 6-1

Old 07-15-2014, 04:07 PM   #37
country flag Ace20

Duck Lee won his first pro title last week

Hong Kong Hong Kong

R1: Duck Hee LEE (KOR) [6] def Atsushi USHIDA (JPN) 7-5 6-2
R2: Duck Hee LEE (KOR) [6] def Thomas LE BOULCH (FRA) 7-5 7-6(2)
QF: Duck Hee LEE (KOR) [6] def Evan SONG (USA) [3] 7-6(2) 6-4
SF: Duck Hee LEE (KOR) [6] def Yuichi ITO (JPN) [2] 6-1 6-4
F: Duck Hee LEE (KOR) [6] def Wishaya TRONGCHAROENCHAIKUL (THA) 6-1 6-4

Old 07-15-2014, 04:12 PM   #38
country flag Ace20

Last edited by Ace20 : 07-15-2014 at 04:14 PM.
Old 07-15-2014, 04:16 PM   #39
country flag Ace20

Also Duck Hee Lee gotten an chacne too practice with Martina Hingis

Old 07-15-2014, 07:08 PM   #40
country flag Ace20

Duck-Hee Lee, an inspiration on the court and in life

Quote:
NEVER JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER.’ This saying is totally true when it comes to South Korean tennis player, Lee Duck-Hee, a top seed quickly climbing the ranks. As of March this year, he ranked number 6 in the junior category in the International Tennis Federation (ITF).

Just by looking at his impressive resume, you would never guess that he actually has a hearing impairment.

Quote:
Lee, 16, born in Jechon City in central South Korea, has been deaf from birth and first came to the world’s attention when Rafael Nadal tweeted about him to his 4.6 million Twitter followers after Lee earned his first ATP ranking point in April 2013.

This right-hander has won a series of junior titles and he is the Asian junior champion claiming his first senior title in May 2013 where he won five singles matches to collect the Epitok-Abris Cup in Budapest.

He won the Under-12 title at the Eddie Herr International Junior Tennis Championship held in Florida in December 2010, which is considered as one of the world’s leading junior tournaments, and proceeded to qualify in his first Grand Slam event in Australia. Lee also made his debut at Wimbledon in the boy’s events in June 2013.

He has always dreamt of a life at the top of the tennis world ever since he was 9 years old, and his unusual story has caught the heart and attention of world’s top professional tennis players Nadal and Roger Federer.

In tennis where players rely on the combination of sights and sounds to be able to strategise their game, especially on trajectories and shots that players have to play, Lee’s disability is considered by many as a great disadvantage. Nevertheless, Lee does not see it as a hindrance on the court and he refuses to make such a big issue of his deafness.

Lee’s involvement in tennis has encouraged many to play the game, sending a positive message to the younger generations around the world that his progress in tennis despite his deafness has made his achievements beyond remarkable.

Quote:
Through lip-reading, then speaking through an interpreter, Lee told the Borneo Post SEEDS at Civic Centre Tennis Court in Petra Jaya, Kuching on Mar 16 that he is amazed by the fact that his hearing impairment had captured the attention of many. According to his coach Hyung Jun Yoon, Lee understands English but cannot pronounce the words clearly.

He added that the people of Korea love him and always encourage him to be actively involved in tennis despite his inability to communicate with his supporters and people around the world.

“Communication between players and coaches is simple because the players know what they should do according to what they are told and what is important for me is that tennis should be considered as a healthy and positive activity for him to do, not a pressure on him to win the games. However, I am mostly happy that he has achieved more than what I have expected,” Yoon said.

Lee said that he first became interested in playing tennis initially after watching Federer playing it on television. Thereafter, he was inspired to play and with strong encouragement from his uncle who is also a tennis player and regards tennis as part of his life, Lee started taking tennis seriously.

Lee won the boys singles finals of the 23rd Sarawak Chief Minister’s Cup (I) ITF Junior Tennis Championship (Grade 1) here at SLTA Tennis Centre on March 16 defeating the second seeded player from Australia Harry Boulter 6-3, 7-6(1).

Lee states that he has overcome his disability and that he always follows his instinct when playing tennis. He can gauge his opponent’s reactions by sight and predict where the ball may go accordingly. As the years pass, he knows that his instinct will improve.

Quote:
When asked about his difficulties in tennis, Lee said that when he plays tennis, his deafness does not give him any difficulty. Although he cannot hear the umpire or line judge’s announcements and is often unsure if a ball has been called out, he does not view it as a handicap.

Although he cannot hear his fans cheering him on, he claims that not hearing anything made it easier for him to concentrate without distractions and win the game.

He received his golden opportunity to play tennis with his tennis idols Nadal and Federer when he was invited to an exhibition match in Seoul in 2006 where he also got his chance to practice with them.

Lee was the first Korean player to appear in a TV documentary on Wimbledon, appearing alongside top names in tennis including Nadal, Federer, and Novak Djokovic, where he had the opportunity to talk about his dedication in tennis despite his physical disability.
When asked about his proudest achievements in tennis, he replied “My greatest achievement was when I won the India ITF 1 (Grade 3) Junior Tennis Tournament in Chandigarh on March 2013 as well as being runner-up in the India Futures Games also held the same year.”

Lee, who dreams of achieving glory in the Grand Slam, has his sights set on being the world No.1 in tennis. With the continuous competitive spirit and inspirations flowing from many great tennis players such as Nadal and Federer, this South Korean tennis player might succeed in realising his dream of making a big noise in the world of tennis.

Old 07-20-2014, 07:25 PM   #41
country flag Ace20

Made another final in Hong Kong but this time lost sadly. Still good two weeks for him

Hong Kong F2 Hong Kong

R1: Duck Hee LEE (KOR) [7] def Sun-Yong KIM (KOR) 6-3 6-1
R2: Duck Hee LEE (KOR) [7] def Wishaya TRONGCHAROENCHAIKUL (THA) 6-1 0-1 Retired
QF: Duck Hee LEE (KOR) [7] def Hyun-Woo NAM (KOR) 6-6 Retired
SF: Duck Hee LEE (KOR) [7] def Dayne KELLY (AUS) [2] Walkover
F: Ruan ROELOFSE (RSA) [6] def Duck Hee LEE (KOR) [7] 6-4 3-6 2-0 Retired