Red Dirt Stuff: Clay Season 2014 - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-17-2014, 09:59 PM   #91
country flag DBR

DBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Red Dirt Stuff: Clay Season 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmzB View Post
Miss Oerias and ask for the WC into Nice? Risk playing a week before a GS?

I was thinking, resting another week might be good for him and if he goes OUT early in Madrid and Rome, he can play Nice?

Suggestions?
I guess it depends how he's feeling now and when he can start practising again.

He'd get a R1 bye at Oeiras and some points there would help keep him in the race for a top 8 seed at Roland Garros.

Playing Nice worries me with RG scheduling after what happened before. But if he has some early losses he may need to play all these events to try and find some rhythm.

I'm starting to wonder why they didn't do this injection when he had to pull out of DC. We'd be 2 weeks further into the whole recovery process if they had, and he would have had a chance at playing Barcelona, maybe even also MC. Guess it seems obvious with hindsight.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
DBR is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2014, 08:18 AM   #92
country flag kmaria28

kmaria28 has a reputation beyond reputekmaria28 has a reputation beyond reputekmaria28 has a reputation beyond reputekmaria28 has a reputation beyond reputekmaria28 has a reputation beyond reputekmaria28 has a reputation beyond reputekmaria28 has a reputation beyond reputekmaria28 has a reputation beyond reputekmaria28 has a reputation beyond reputekmaria28 has a reputation beyond reputekmaria28 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBR View Post
I guess it depends how he's feeling now and when he can start practising again.

He'd get a R1 bye at Oeiras and some points there would help keep him in the race for a top 8 seed at Roland Garros.

Playing Nice worries me with RG scheduling after what happened before. But if he has some early losses he may need to play all these events to try and find some rhythm.

I'm starting to wonder why they didn't do this injection when he had to pull out of DC. We'd be 2 weeks further into the whole recovery process if they had, and he would have had a chance at playing Barcelona, maybe even also MC. Guess it seems obvious with hindsight.
I agree with you, recognizing the last pictures from Richard, sometimesI I have a same feeling , that Richard between the two coaches losing his balance . Running for the time...
kmaria28 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 09:34 PM   #93
country flag Pratik

Pratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond repute

So, out of top 10 again. And this time for more than 1 week.

Also out of top 20 in the race.
Pratik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 11:31 PM   #94
country flag DBR

DBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratik View Post
So, out of top 10 again. And this time for more than 1 week.

Also out of top 20 in the race.
You're not winning the "Mr. good news" title any time soon, Pratik.

He can't do much if he can't play.

Do you know when the deadline to enter Oeiras is please? I'm really hoping he will feel ready to play there.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Old 04-19-2014, 11:33 PM   #95
country flag DBR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puschkin View Post
Just a brief hallo from MC.
Hope you are having fun over there.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Old 04-20-2014, 10:52 AM   #96
country flag Pratik

Pratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You're not winning the "Mr. good news" title any time soon, Pratik.

He can't do much if he can't play.

Do you know when the deadline to enter Oeiras is please?
I'm really hoping he will feel ready to play there.
I'll also tell you when he is getting back into top 10 in advance.

Entry deadline went long ago. It is generally ~6 weeks before. Afaik, no WC have been announced yet, so that option is still there.

@afterglows and Puschkin: Hope you guys had a nice time at MC.
Old 04-20-2014, 12:22 PM   #97
country flag kmaria28

kmaria28 has a reputation beyond reputekmaria28 has a reputation beyond reputekmaria28 has a reputation beyond reputekmaria28 has a reputation beyond reputekmaria28 has a reputation beyond reputekmaria28 has a reputation beyond reputekmaria28 has a reputation beyond reputekmaria28 has a reputation beyond reputekmaria28 has a reputation beyond reputekmaria28 has a reputation beyond reputekmaria28 has a reputation beyond repute

Happy Easter Holidays for Everyone !

....and a lot of good news from the tennis gods !
kmaria28 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 05:56 PM   #98
country flag DBR

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmaria28 View Post
Happy Easter Holidays for Everyone !
Same to you, kmaria28!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmaria28 View Post

....and a lot of good news from the tennis gods !

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Old 04-20-2014, 06:06 PM   #99
country flag DBR

Quote:
I'll also tell you when he is getting back into top 10 in advance.
That is true - a very redeeming quality!

Quote:
Entry deadline went long ago. It is generally ~6 weeks before. Afaik, no WC have been announced yet, so that option is still there.
Sorry, I meant the WC deadline. Can you get WC's right up until the draw? I'm not sure Richard's even picked up a racquet yet. The injection was last Tuesday.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Old 04-20-2014, 07:16 PM   #100
country flag Pratik

Quote:
Sorry, I meant the WC deadline. Can you get WC's right up until the draw? I'm not sure Richard's even picked up a racquet yet. The injection was last Tuesday.
There is no deadline to declare WCs. So, yes, a WC can be given even a minute before the draw is made. Of course, it can not be declared after the draw.

On a related note, though not applicable to our current discussion, there is an exception to this. ATP 500 tournaments can give an additional WC(additional to the regular quota), which has to be declared by Friday 12 noon ET USA(or before the draw if the draw is earlier, of course). This additional WC has a restriction on the players eligible for it too.
Old 04-20-2014, 07:22 PM   #101
country flag DBR

Quote:
There is no deadline to declare WCs. So, yes, a WC can be given even a minute before the draw is made. Of course, it can not be declared after the draw.

On a related note, though not applicable to our current discussion, there is an exception to this. ATP 500 tournaments can give an additional WC(additional to the regular quota), which has to be declared by Friday 12 noon ET USA(or before the draw if the draw is earlier, of course). This additional WC has a restriction on the players eligible for it too.
Thanks Pratik. Fingers crossed he may be able to practice next week and get a WC.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Old 04-20-2014, 09:16 PM   #102
country flag ImmzB

ImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond repute

So out of the top 10 and 20 for the RACE.

Main thing, Richard comes back 100% fit and then results will come!!

Still a long season ahead!!

Hopefully some good tournaments will push Richard up in the RACE rankings.

[M.Safin] [T.Henman] [G.Rusedski] [A.Roddick]

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!
ImmzB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:48 AM   #103
country flag Lolina

Lolina has a reputation beyond reputeLolina has a reputation beyond reputeLolina has a reputation beyond reputeLolina has a reputation beyond reputeLolina has a reputation beyond reputeLolina has a reputation beyond reputeLolina has a reputation beyond reputeLolina has a reputation beyond reputeLolina has a reputation beyond reputeLolina has a reputation beyond reputeLolina has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure but Raonic will lost 180 because he doesn't play in Barcelona this year but he plays in Oieras and 2715-180=2535...
Old 04-21-2014, 08:56 AM   #104
country flag Pratik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolina View Post
I'm not sure but Raonic will lost 180 because he doesn't play in Barcelona this year but he plays in Oieras and 2715-180=2535...
Raonic has 45 non-countable from Washington which will replace that 180. So, he is at 2535+45=2580 (live; and next week ranking), which is 35 points ahead of Richard and 25 points ahead of Isner.

This small gap increases slightly as both Raonic and Isner have total 55 points to defend in Rome + Madrid, whereas Richard has 100 to defend there. So, Richard needs to cover up 80 points over Raonic and 70 over Isner for the all important RG 8th seed. Of course, Raonic will have the advantage has he will get the 8th seed in Madrid and Rome.
Old 04-21-2014, 11:11 AM   #105
country flag ImmzB

ImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond repute

If Richard is 9-12 seed, he will have to face either Ferrer, Berdych, Murray or Raonic/Isner/Tsonga in R4 but if he's 5-8 seed he will face Raonic, Isner, Tsonga or Fognini in R4.

Let's see what happens, Richard potential has 3 tournaments and at leaast 2 to secure his ranking for the FO.

ALLEZ!

[M.Safin] [T.Henman] [G.Rusedski] [A.Roddick]

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!
ImmzB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote