Joćo and Pedro Sousa - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-23-2014, 02:44 PM   #61
country flag Sauletekis

Sauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Joćo and Pedro Sousa

Really think he can go for that seeding in RG. No points to defend and could be one of the facourites to win Casablanca and Estoril, depending on the draw, of course.

As for tomorrow, of cousre I don't expect him to win, but I would like for him not to get destroyed, like he was against Nadal, for instance. VAMOS!

Sporting Clube de Portugal, Fśtbol Club Barcelona, Newcastle United Football Club, FK Vilniaus Žalgiris
Sauletekis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2014, 04:54 PM   #62
country flag Gil&becker

Gil&becker has a reputation beyond reputeGil&becker has a reputation beyond reputeGil&becker has a reputation beyond reputeGil&becker has a reputation beyond reputeGil&becker has a reputation beyond reputeGil&becker has a reputation beyond reputeGil&becker has a reputation beyond reputeGil&becker has a reputation beyond reputeGil&becker has a reputation beyond reputeGil&becker has a reputation beyond reputeGil&becker has a reputation beyond repute

I was taking a good look at ATP Top50. I can identify 15 players to whom Joćo Sousa (even with all he has produced from Rio500 onwards) is still a clear underdog, will lose 8 out of 10 matches(some of them 9 or 10 out of 10).
Apart from that, at this point, it is at the worse a 50/50 chance, or he has some leverage. So, if I'm correct, this means that, if Joćo maintains this kind of form constantly, he is at least Top30 material, maybe even so Top20 at his best moment.
Gil&becker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 05:11 PM   #63
country flag Gil&becker

Gil&becker has a reputation beyond reputeGil&becker has a reputation beyond reputeGil&becker has a reputation beyond reputeGil&becker has a reputation beyond reputeGil&becker has a reputation beyond reputeGil&becker has a reputation beyond reputeGil&becker has a reputation beyond reputeGil&becker has a reputation beyond reputeGil&becker has a reputation beyond reputeGil&becker has a reputation beyond reputeGil&becker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil&becker View Post
I was taking a good look at ATP Top50. I can identify 15 players to whom Joćo Sousa (even with all he has produced from Rio500 onwards) is still a clear underdog, will lose 8 out of 10 matches(some of them 9 or 10 out of 10).
Apart from that, at this point, it is at the worse a 50/50 chance, or he has some leverage. So, if I'm correct, this means that, if Joćo maintains this kind of form constantly, he is at least Top30 material, maybe even so Top20 at his best moment.
My list of 15 players that Joćo Sousa will lose at least 8 out of 10 matches, even at his current level of form:
Nadal, Nole, Wawrinka, Ferrer (6 out of 10), Federer, Murray, Berdych, Isner, Tsonga, Raonic, Dimitrov, Anderson, Gulbis, Cilic, Dolgopolov (6 out of 10).

Any thoughts on this?

And what does he have to do start returning more of those big servers he hates?
I think return of serve is clearly where he can gain the most in the future. Backhand lack of aggressiveness is kind of a chronic-illness, that won't go away, on my opinion.
Old 04-05-2014, 01:49 PM   #64
country flag Gil&becker

Joćo unlucky at Casablanca draw... Decent first round, but then one of two Qualifiers (50% chance to be Simon), and then Monfils in QF... With such a low-ranked field, it is quite unlucky!
Old 04-07-2014, 02:14 PM   #65
country flag Gil&becker

Joćo Sousa just routined Sijsling, on Casablanca first round. Played really heavy, giving nothing to the Dutch. Well adapted to clay already. So, I see him producing the goods in clay season, surely getting that RG Seeding. He needs about 150 points to get there. I“m sure he“ll make it, between Casablanca, Monte Carlo, Barcelona, Oeiras, Madrid and Rome!
I really think he“ll be Top30 before RG!
Go Joćo!
Old 04-08-2014, 09:36 PM   #66
country flag Ramsay

Ramsay has a reputation beyond reputeRamsay has a reputation beyond reputeRamsay has a reputation beyond reputeRamsay has a reputation beyond reputeRamsay has a reputation beyond reputeRamsay has a reputation beyond reputeRamsay has a reputation beyond reputeRamsay has a reputation beyond reputeRamsay has a reputation beyond reputeRamsay has a reputation beyond reputeRamsay has a reputation beyond repute

What a rise, unreal. Vamos Joćo.

Tennis Tipping

Singles rank: 248
Best tournaments: QF Fut Vigo, 2nd round CH Tampere

Doubles rank: 187
Best tournaments: Semi-finals CH Tampere and CH Pozoblanco (w/volc0mizado), Title CH Beijing (w/lolada_4), 2nd round Roland Garros (w/ Mesut Ozil)
Ramsay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:26 PM   #67
country flag Gil&becker

Casablanca“s draw is wide open now. After Monfils not even showed-up, and Anderson losing in his first match, this could be anyone“s tournament. I really think Joćo has his best chance for a second title. Will he rise up to the responsability of being the biggest favorite now?
Old 04-10-2014, 01:57 AM   #68
country flag Sauletekis

Sauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Casablanca“s draw is wide open now. After Monfils not even showed-up, and Anderson losing in his first match, this could be anyone“s tournament. I really think Joćo has his best chance for a second title. Will he rise up to the responsability of being the biggest favorite now?
I think he will. Paire will almost for sure lose to Montanes. Albert is a tough calycourter, but Joao's form is too good at the moment to lose to him. Vesely shouldn't be a big problem too, as he is a pusher, but without a great movement. I think he is almost a lock in the final.

Think the finalists (I think) will be either Hanescu or Delbonis which both are players that Sousa have troubles to deal with. But he is so strong mentally and his game is clicking too. Let's be confident! He's gonna do it!

Sporting Clube de Portugal, Fśtbol Club Barcelona, Newcastle United Football Club, FK Vilniaus Žalgiris
Old 04-10-2014, 04:08 PM   #69
country flag Gil&becker

What a disappointment. This defeat today can be really worrying today. Either he was just in a bad day, or he let the pressure of being a clear favorite on this tournament get to him. He lost his first serve from the beginning, and the amount of UE meant that he stopped going for the winners, and became a moon-baller like the Futures level Spaniard...
Let“s see if he learns from this defeat, and builds up for the rest of the clay-season.
But I really disliked his style of play today, totally the opposite of what he did against Sisjling...
Old 04-11-2014, 11:23 AM   #70
country flag Ramsay

Ramsay has a reputation beyond reputeRamsay has a reputation beyond reputeRamsay has a reputation beyond reputeRamsay has a reputation beyond reputeRamsay has a reputation beyond reputeRamsay has a reputation beyond reputeRamsay has a reputation beyond reputeRamsay has a reputation beyond reputeRamsay has a reputation beyond reputeRamsay has a reputation beyond reputeRamsay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What a disappointment. This defeat today can be really worrying today. Either he was just in a bad day, or he let the pressure of being a clear favorite on this tournament get to him. He lost his first serve from the beginning, and the amount of UE meant that he stopped going for the winners, and became a moon-baller like the Futures level Spaniard...
Let“s see if he learns from this defeat, and builds up for the rest of the clay-season.
But I really disliked his style of play today, totally the opposite of what he did against Sisjling...
Sousa was already injured on his ankle before the match. Got worst with another injury during the match, in the back. Is in doubt for Monte Carlo.

Tennis Tipping

Best tournaments: Semi-finals CH Tampere and CH Pozoblanco (w/volc0mizado), Title CH Beijing (w/lolada_4), 2nd round Roland Garros (w/ Mesut Ozil)
Old 04-12-2014, 10:30 AM   #71
country flag Ramsay

Sousa gets Fognini in MC R1...

Tennis Tipping

Old 04-17-2014, 09:15 AM   #72
country flag Ramsay

Bad news for Pedro Sousa. After an interesting end of season in 2013, he'll be operated on the left wrist. Really bad news...

Tennis Tipping

Old 04-17-2014, 07:46 PM   #73
country flag Sauletekis

Yeah. Expected to be back at the end of July. Should have been operated long time ago. Wasted 2 months for nothing. At least he'll be able to use his protect ranking by then.

Old 05-12-2014, 04:19 PM   #74
country flag Gil&becker

Quote:
How far behind is this now, and I wrote this just about a month ago!!! Joćo started to lose to everybody, from Casablanca onwards, all in clay, which used to be his favorite surface. Those matches against Carballes in Casablanca (dreadful, with MP he didn“t take) and Fognini in Monte Carlo (played really well, two points away from victory, but The Fog woke up...), made him lost all his confidence, and then it was complete disaster! Now he seems to be an underdog against anybody in Top100... When will he turn things around? He will start to lose big points from RG onwards...
Old 05-18-2014, 01:03 AM   #75
country flag Sauletekis

Meanwhile, even if he is playing huge crap, at least great interview to ATP and great compliments from Dolgopolov but specially from Ferrer! This is a much watch!

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Media/Vi...oao-Sousa.aspx