Battle in the Buckeye State! - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-16-2005, 05:44 PM   #31
country flag olimpo

olimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Battle in the Buckeye State!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparko1030
Oh, GonzoFan-where did you read the interview? I Would like to look it up!
I think I found the article/interview at lun and just posted a translation at the MSN board.
olimpo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2005, 05:50 PM   #32
country flag Sparko1030

Sparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by olimpo
I think I found the article/interview at lun and just posted a translation at the MSN board.

Thanks Olimpo!

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Best Wishes to: Marcos~Janko~Ivan~Marat~Lucho~Rafa~Tommy H
Gaston-best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

"Its hard to argue against cynics-they always sound smarter than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side." Molly Ivins, 1944-2007
Sparko1030 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 06:08 PM   #33
country flag +alonso

+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute

Wow Great news
Old 08-16-2005, 11:20 PM   #34
country flag GonzoFan

GonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond repute

yes the interview is in ww.lun.com

Richard Gasquet/Tomas Berdych/Marat Safin/Tommy Haas/Rafael Nadal/Andy Roddick/Marcos Baghdatis
All the chilean players and some others

"Just give 100 percent.
And that's not just in tennis or sports; that's in life.
If you give 100 percent, you'll have no regrets."
Lleyton Hewitt
GonzoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 05:12 AM   #35
country flag Sparko1030

Sparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks GonzoFan-this is such great news!

And in doubles....Nico and Parrot's double match was tied at one set apiece 3-6,7-6 when it was suspended due to bad light. The third set will be played Wed-they're up 5th on court 4. Hope they can pull it off. I hate when matches have to be finished the next day!

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

"Its hard to argue against cynics-they always sound smarter than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side." Molly Ivins, 1944-2007
Old 08-17-2005, 11:35 PM   #36
country flag Sparko1030

Nico and Parrott lost their doubles match with Feli and Youhzny(sp). 3-6,7-6(6), 6(5)-7. Too bad, they played a close match.

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Old 08-18-2005, 04:06 PM   #37
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparko1030
Nico and Parrott lost their doubles match with Feli and Youhzny(sp). 3-6,7-6(6), 6(5)-7. Too bad, they played a close match.
Sad ... Our Nico needs this matchs at leats

Pain is only temporary but victory is forever
Fergie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 05:42 PM   #38
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

Hey everyone - went to Cincy this past week. Had an excellent time despite the fact that Nico lost.

Nico really was trying and practicing so hard before the match. He was putting in extra time on the court, doing practice drills. And was laughing and smile, really seemed motivated and upbeat. He was just so funny at times during practice. And the boy just talks non-stop at times...lol!!!!!!!!!!!

During the match, he started off well, but when he didn't break Tim, he got broken, and then frustration set in. He was trying different things - even tried to serve and volley with Tim - but nothing worked. Then when he was broken on his first serve, he just lost his fire.

It was just so sad - I felt like crying all day - thank goodness Fena pulled out his match or I would have just come back early to New York.

With Gaby back now, Nico'll come back. Gaby will help him get his confidence back.

Have some good pictures - I'll upload them here tonight or tomorrow evening.

Going to New Haven so will get more reports and more pictures. I will be so relieved to see Gaby with him. And his dad is coming up too - I think that he needs the support right now. He looked so bummed the day after the Henman match, and on Tuesday. He didn't seem happy again until yesterday - was so happy to see him smiling again yesterday.

So don't give up on our Nico - it may take Gaby a couple of months to work on Nico's game, but in 2006 - Nico will be back and kicking a*s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW - Nico went to Fena's match against David after his practice was over - got a good picture of him sitting in the stands. I thought that was so sweet of him to go and root his friend on. He stayed from the 2nd set right through until just before the last game.
NicoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote