My Report from Montreal - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-13-2005, 01:58 PM   #1
country flag gogo_guga

gogo_guga has a reputation beyond reputegogo_guga has a reputation beyond reputegogo_guga has a reputation beyond reputegogo_guga has a reputation beyond reputegogo_guga has a reputation beyond reputegogo_guga has a reputation beyond reputegogo_guga has a reputation beyond reputegogo_guga has a reputation beyond reputegogo_guga has a reputation beyond reputegogo_guga has a reputation beyond reputegogo_guga has a reputation beyond repute
Default My Report from Montreal

I can't believe that my days at the Rogers Cup have ended!!! I went from Sunday to Friday and had an absolute blast!!
I actually became a Richard Gasquet fan during the tournament, so I'm very excited to share my experience with you guys
The first time I saw Gasquet at the tournament site was on Monday afternoon when he was coming back from a practice session with his coach and some other guy. Usually, the players will be driven to and from their practices on a golf cart, however, this time Richard was walking back so I didn't recognize him right away. I was walking with my brother to the practice courts trying to find my sunglasses that were in my bag and all of a sudden I look a little bit ahead of me, and this kid is staring right at me and walking the opposite direction. It was really awkward because for five seconds I just kept walking and talking to my brother, and staring right back at the kid trying to figure out where I had seen him before (thinking school, local supermarket, health club). After we walked past each other it hit me "wait, wasn't that Richard Gasquet??" And then I realized that yes, it had been Richard Gasquet, I was kinda mad at myself because I could have taken a picture or something, but no big deal I figured I'd probably see him around later in the week.
On Tuesday, I was able to watch the Gasquet-Ferrer vs. Grosjean-Niemeyer doubles match, and it was awesome because it was on one of the small and intimate courts. This was essentially the match that made me a Gasquet fan. Richard and David were so adorable playing doubles together, they just kept high-fiving each other all the time, and during the changeovers, they would talk a lot and sometimes start laughing. There were these two girls wearing wigs and the Spanish flag as skirts who were just hilarious. They were there to root for Ferrer but eventually they felt bad and started to root for Richard as well. I could not stop laughing because yelling "Vamos Ricardo y David!" and then they decided to pronounce both names in English yelling "Bring it, come on Richard and David", and finally, it absolutely killed me when they started calling the boys Rich and Dave. At one point during the match, they started yelling "vamos guapos" (come on hotties) and david had to hold back his laughter, too bad Richard didn't understand it, or didn't hear it (I don't know if he speaks Spanish). David seemed a little lost at the net but pretty much dominated from the baseline by just ripping balls at Grosjean and Niemeyer, and Richard on the other hand, has a very good all-around game. I was happy that they were able to win the match

I gotta go play some tennis now but I promise I'll be back with more
gogo_guga is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2005, 02:13 PM   #2
country flag Suzi

Suzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My Report from Montreal

That sounds really cool, you seemed to of had a lot of fun out there the bit bout the doubles bit was hillarious thanks for the report

Iguana, Biscuit, Pim Pim, the ledge that is Rafter! and my new love Nole!

Other Notable non-tennis supportees: Aaron Peirsol, LIVERPOOL, Kimi 'World Champ' Raikkonen, Thorkildsen, Adam Scott and many more......
and proud to be a morgette & mattiholic!!!
Suzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 03:13 PM   #3
country flag tennisgirl19

tennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that report

Its hilarous. Those girls sounded great I would of loved to see those guys together. I would pay anything for that.

Carlos Moya, Juan Carlos Ferrero, Tommy Robredo, Mario Ancic, Bob and Mike Bryan, David Ferrer, Marat Safin, Andrew Murray, Edouard Roger-Vasselin, Julien Benneateau, Nicolas Mahut, Eric Chvojka y Feliciano Lopez

Proud passenger of the " Murray-Mount " Seat #12
tennisgirl19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 03:36 AM   #4
country flag Daniela_CABJ

Daniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond repute

thanks a lot for the report!!!
it seems you had a great time

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾

*LINK TO RICHARD GASQUET OFFICIAL WEBSITE*

TOMÁŠ BERDYCH
Daniela_CABJ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 03:40 AM   #5
country flag savesthedizzle
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogo_guga
I can't believe that my days at the Rogers Cup have ended!!! I went from Sunday to Friday and had an absolute blast!!
I actually became a Richard Gasquet fan during the tournament, so I'm very excited to share my experience with you guys
The first time I saw Gasquet at the tournament site was on Monday afternoon when he was coming back from a practice session with his coach and some other guy. Usually, the players will be driven to and from their practices on a golf cart, however, this time Richard was walking back so I didn't recognize him right away. I was walking with my brother to the practice courts trying to find my sunglasses that were in my bag and all of a sudden I look a little bit ahead of me, and this kid is staring right at me and walking the opposite direction. It was really awkward because for five seconds I just kept walking and talking to my brother, and staring right back at the kid trying to figure out where I had seen him before (thinking school, local supermarket, health club). After we walked past each other it hit me "wait, wasn't that Richard Gasquet??" And then I realized that yes, it had been Richard Gasquet, I was kinda mad at myself because I could have taken a picture or something, but no big deal I figured I'd probably see him around later in the week.
On Tuesday, I was able to watch the Gasquet-Ferrer vs. Grosjean-Niemeyer doubles match, and it was awesome because it was on one of the small and intimate courts. This was essentially the match that made me a Gasquet fan. Richard and David were so adorable playing doubles together, they just kept high-fiving each other all the time, and during the changeovers, they would talk a lot and sometimes start laughing. There were these two girls wearing wigs and the Spanish flag as skirts who were just hilarious. They were there to root for Ferrer but eventually they felt bad and started to root for Richard as well. I could not stop laughing because yelling "Vamos Ricardo y David!" and then they decided to pronounce both names in English yelling "Bring it, come on Richard and David", and finally, it absolutely killed me when they started calling the boys Rich and Dave. At one point during the match, they started yelling "vamos guapos" (come on hotties) and david had to hold back his laughter, too bad Richard didn't understand it, or didn't hear it (I don't know if he speaks Spanish). David seemed a little lost at the net but pretty much dominated from the baseline by just ripping balls at Grosjean and Niemeyer, and Richard on the other hand, has a very good all-around game. I was happy that they were able to win the match

I gotta go play some tennis now but I promise I'll be back with more
LOL I was at the Ferrer/Gasquet doubles match you were. With those crazy girls wearing the flags. I also had a run-in with them at Justin Gimelstob practicing and at Robredo/Nadal doubles that night. Those girls were nuts. lol. I'm glad someone else got a kick out of them too

savesthedizzle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 03:50 AM   #6
country flag pryss

pryss has a reputation beyond reputepryss has a reputation beyond reputepryss has a reputation beyond reputepryss has a reputation beyond reputepryss has a reputation beyond reputepryss has a reputation beyond reputepryss has a reputation beyond reputepryss has a reputation beyond reputepryss has a reputation beyond reputepryss has a reputation beyond reputepryss has a reputation beyond repute

I WAS THERE AT THE DOUBLES! i was one of the girls (i don't know if you heard us) sitting behind the players' chairs yelling "VAMOS DAVID" and gave up yelling "ALLEZ RICHARD" after i dragged on the R for way too long hahaha. the Ricardo girls are hilarious. they even called him "Rick" once I think? I died. I had to find them after I'd gotten Richard & David's autographs to tell them they were awesome!

& I agree they were adorable playing doubles together

WTF, I still have to spread good reps.

- ancic - gasquet - federer - nadal -
- mauresmo - davenport -
- zimonjic/santoro - bjorkman/mirnyi -

AND PETER EFFING POLANSKY.
pryss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 08:24 AM   #7
country flag Chloe le Bopper

Chloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
There were these two girls wearing wigs and the Spanish flag as skirts who were just hilarious. They were there to root for Ferrer but eventually they felt bad and started to root for Richard as well. I could not stop laughing because yelling "Vamos Ricardo y David!" and then they decided to pronounce both names in English yelling "Bring it, come on Richard and David", and finally, it absolutely killed me when they started calling the boys Rich and Dave. At one point during the match, they started yelling "vamos guapos"
OMG! OMG!

THE JUSTIN GIMLESTOB "WHERE IS VINCE?" GIRLS!

Did you read my report?

I actually saw them at the doubles match too but wasn't there long enough to understand what they were going on about.

Chocking makes me sad.
Chloe le Bopper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 04:35 PM   #8
country flag tennisgirl19

tennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pryss
I had to find them after I'd gotten Richard & David's autographs to tell them they were awesome!
You got both Richard and David's autograph! Way cool!!!

Carlos Moya, Juan Carlos Ferrero, Tommy Robredo, Mario Ancic, Bob and Mike Bryan, David Ferrer, Marat Safin, Andrew Murray, Edouard Roger-Vasselin, Julien Benneateau, Nicolas Mahut, Eric Chvojka y Feliciano Lopez

Proud passenger of the " Murray-Mount " Seat #12
tennisgirl19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 11:49 AM   #9
country flag gogo_guga

gogo_guga has a reputation beyond reputegogo_guga has a reputation beyond reputegogo_guga has a reputation beyond reputegogo_guga has a reputation beyond reputegogo_guga has a reputation beyond reputegogo_guga has a reputation beyond reputegogo_guga has a reputation beyond reputegogo_guga has a reputation beyond reputegogo_guga has a reputation beyond reputegogo_guga has a reputation beyond reputegogo_guga has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe
OMG! OMG!

THE JUSTIN GIMLESTOB "WHERE IS VINCE?" GIRLS!

Did you read my report?

I actually saw them at the doubles match too but wasn't there long enough to understand what they were going on about.
Yes, the "Where is Vince?" girls!! It was hilarious when they came up to Justin's court and were like "YO! Justin, we're from NY!" and he was just like "Really!" They killed me they were so funny!!!
gogo_guga is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 09:01 PM   #10
country flag oskyldig

oskyldig has a reputation beyond reputeoskyldig has a reputation beyond reputeoskyldig has a reputation beyond reputeoskyldig has a reputation beyond reputeoskyldig has a reputation beyond reputeoskyldig has a reputation beyond reputeoskyldig has a reputation beyond reputeoskyldig has a reputation beyond reputeoskyldig has a reputation beyond reputeoskyldig has a reputation beyond reputeoskyldig has a reputation beyond repute

Hahah.. I was definantly one of the people yelling something!! but never during a point; as a tennis player myself I know the proper ettiquite to what to do and what not to do =)

I must say that I made myself blush also hehehe
oskyldig is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 12:09 PM   #11
country flag angelical

angelical has a reputation beyond reputeangelical has a reputation beyond reputeangelical has a reputation beyond reputeangelical has a reputation beyond reputeangelical has a reputation beyond reputeangelical has a reputation beyond reputeangelical has a reputation beyond reputeangelical has a reputation beyond reputeangelical has a reputation beyond reputeangelical has a reputation beyond reputeangelical has a reputation beyond repute

Aww, thanks for the great report! Sounds like you had a fab time! I would've loved to have seen David and Richard play (no coverage ). "Vamos guapos", Gonna have to remember that one! lol
angelical is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 03:08 PM   #12
country flag oskyldig

oskyldig has a reputation beyond reputeoskyldig has a reputation beyond reputeoskyldig has a reputation beyond reputeoskyldig has a reputation beyond reputeoskyldig has a reputation beyond reputeoskyldig has a reputation beyond reputeoskyldig has a reputation beyond reputeoskyldig has a reputation beyond reputeoskyldig has a reputation beyond reputeoskyldig has a reputation beyond reputeoskyldig has a reputation beyond repute

Psh.. I would have yelled that!! hehe, but since I don't speak Spanish; I wouldn't have known how to say it =)
oskyldig is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote