Suicide Tennis - Miami - Page 34 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Reply

Old 03-29-2014, 09:31 AM   #496
country flag Litotes
ALT-0
 
Litotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Norway
Age: 41
Posts: 32,673
Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Suicide Tennis - Miami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratik View Post
In accordance to the actual tournament, the four players should also have been given a W/O to today.
That would have been something

In case anyone wants to ask for a rule change where you can proceed of a WO if all matches in a round ends in WO, then I can tell you this has been suggested before and was in the end voted down.
__________________
.
(September 12th)
ST rank 5 (best 4) - 5 wins, 0 titles
vBookie net amount won: 23284 (2014: +16589, 2013: +6795, 2012: -100)
TT singles rank 90, TT doubles rank 100.
Detailed Tennis Tipping and DTT results

Member of Tennis Tipping board and Suicide Tennis board
Litotes is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 03-30-2014, 06:25 PM   #497
country flag Mark Lenders
Registered User
 
Mark Lenders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 13,084
Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Suicide Tennis - Miami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
I think most of us had planned that one, I know I had Though surely Federer-Berdych-Djokovic-Nadal would also have produced some winners. But, as usual - barring another Nishikori surprise - it was not to be. This game is indeed difficult. Myself, I haven't won a title yet. Closest was Shanghai 2012 when I had Murray in the final.......
I imagine it's very difficult to actually win a title. I've only played this game twice now, but I tend to make predictions for tournaments as they go along anyway, and only very, very rarely does every result goes the way I expect from R16 on - in the past year, that has only happened in Shanghai 2013 as far as big events are concerned. There's almost always at least one result I really can't see coming, which in a game like this is enough to end title aspirations.

As for this very bizarre situation in the SFs, perhaps a rule whereby a player progresses if both his first pick and backup don't get to play due to withdraws? It's pretty unlucky for a player to lose in a situation where both his pick and backup don't take to the court, I mean for all intents and purposes his picks didn't really lose.
__________________
MTF games Slam titles:

Suicide Tennis - Wimbledon 2014
Fill-In-The-Draw - US Open 2014
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 06:33 PM   #498
country flag Litotes
ALT-0
 
Litotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Norway
Age: 41
Posts: 32,673
Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Suicide Tennis - Miami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
I imagine it's very difficult to actually win a title. I've only played this game twice now, but I tend to make predictions for tournaments as they go along anyway, and only very, very rarely does every result goes the way I expect from R16 on - in the past year, that has only happened in Shanghai 2013 as far as big events are concerned. There's almost always at least one result I really can't see coming, which in a game like this is enough to end title aspirations.

As for this very bizarre situation in the SFs, perhaps a rule whereby a player progresses if both his first pick and backup don't get to play due to withdraws? It's pretty unlucky for a player to lose in a situation where both his pick and backup don't take to the court, I mean for all intents and purposes his picks didn't really lose.
We could consider this new rule but it's not like this sort of thing happens often so it would be very little demand for it.

In other events there are more leeway for the unexpected. IW and Miami are unusual in that you have to accurately predict all four QFs. If they had been played on the same day, which is more common, you can skip one altogether, just having to guess correctly one winner who will lose in the SF and ofc the two finalists to win.
__________________
.
(September 12th)
ST rank 5 (best 4) - 5 wins, 0 titles
vBookie net amount won: 23284 (2014: +16589, 2013: +6795, 2012: -100)
TT singles rank 90, TT doubles rank 100.
Detailed Tennis Tipping and DTT results

Member of Tennis Tipping board and Suicide Tennis board
Litotes is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 09:08 PM   #499
country flag Fargif
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,926
Fargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Suicide Tennis - Miami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
We could consider this new rule but it's not like this sort of thing happens often so it would be very little demand for it.

In other events there are more leeway for the unexpected. IW and Miami are unusual in that you have to accurately predict all four QFs. If they had been played on the same day, which is more common, you can skip one altogether, just having to guess correctly one winner who will lose in the SF and ofc the two finalists to win.

Remember me? I said a few weeks ago same thing nobody listened. I even asked about a sceneraio where both picks got WO.

Again my problem with this is just one thing. If i picked Kei and or Berdych and we know what happened i wouldnt have a problem with loosing the game.

But for those who picked Rafa and Nole its unfair becuase those 2 will advance to next round.

I have been thinking about ways to get around this and adding a 3rd pick would be the easy way out but it could still happen.

This week in sf we dont have room to change. But in early rounds there is always.

Its not my fault the player i picked got a ticket to next round because the other guy pulled out.
__________________
Suicide:
Doha'14(T)
Houston'14 (W)

FITD:
Washington´14(W)
Fargif is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 09:14 PM   #500
country flag Litotes
ALT-0
 
Litotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Norway
Age: 41
Posts: 32,673
Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Suicide Tennis - Miami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargif View Post
Remember me? I said a few weeks ago same thing nobody listened. I even asked about a sceneraio where both picks got WO.

Again my problem with this is just one thing. If i picked Kei and or Berdych and we know what happened i wouldnt have a problem with loosing the game.

But for those who picked Rafa and Nole its unfair becuase those 2 will advance to next round.

I have been thinking about ways to get around this and adding a 3rd pick would be the easy way out but it could still happen.

This week in sf we dont have room to change. But in early rounds there is always.

Its not my fault the player i picked got a ticket to next round because the other guy pulled out.
I remember you, yes, I feel you got a thorough explanation about how the rules work. Now you got to see it's not just you being unlucky this way.

Adding a 3rd pick shouldn't be a problem. If you want to do that go right ahead.
__________________
.
(September 12th)
ST rank 5 (best 4) - 5 wins, 0 titles
vBookie net amount won: 23284 (2014: +16589, 2013: +6795, 2012: -100)
TT singles rank 90, TT doubles rank 100.
Detailed Tennis Tipping and DTT results

Member of Tennis Tipping board and Suicide Tennis board
Litotes is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 09:17 PM   #501
country flag Pratik
Registered User
 
Pratik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Rheinland-Pfalz
Posts: 8,604
Pratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Suicide Tennis - Miami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargif View Post
Remember me? I said a few weeks ago same thing nobody listened. I even asked about a sceneraio where both picks got WO.

Again my problem with this is just one thing. If i picked Kei and or Berdych and we know what happened i wouldnt have a problem with loosing the game.

But for those who picked Rafa and Nole its unfair becuase those 2 will advance to next round.

I have been thinking about ways to get around this and adding a 3rd pick would be the easy way out but it could still happen.

This week in sf we dont have room to change. But in early rounds there is always.

Its not my fault the player i picked got a ticket to next round because the other guy pulled out.
Every game has some aspect of luck in it.
Pratik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 09:18 PM   #502
country flag Fargif
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,926
Fargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Suicide Tennis - Miami

3rd pick will not prevent this from happening.
__________________
Suicide:
Doha'14(T)
Houston'14 (W)

FITD:
Washington´14(W)
Fargif is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 09:21 PM   #503
country flag Fargif
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,926
Fargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Suicide Tennis - Miami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratik View Post
Every game has some aspect of luck in it.
Of course it does. We make our picks based on strat, luck , draws etc. To fit in mugs who widrew from certain matches. There are those who use and abuse it. Davydenko comes to mind.

And because in wasnt in the end this time doesnt mean i still dont feel same way.

Those who picked either Rafa or Nole should get one more pick if avaible. To me doesnt make sense lossing while the players they picked went to the final.

Sorry, im not smarter then any of you. I just dont see the logic.
__________________
Suicide:
Doha'14(T)
Houston'14 (W)

FITD:
Washington´14(W)
Fargif is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 09:31 PM   #504
country flag Pratik
Registered User
 
Pratik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Rheinland-Pfalz
Posts: 8,604
Pratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Suicide Tennis - Miami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargif View Post
Of course it does. We make our picks based on strat, luck , draws etc. To fit in mugs who widrew from certain matches. There are those who use and abuse it. Davydenko comes to mind.

And because in wasnt in the end this time doesnt mean i still dont feel same way.

Those who picked either Rafa or Nole should get one more pick if avaible. To me doesnt make sense lossing while the players they picked went to the final.

Sorry, im not smarter then any of you. I just dont see the logic.
So, I think your opinion reduces to letting W/O's being counted as a win. The problem with that was discussed recently(can't remember where). The points brought up against that did convince me. What if someone gives a walkover before the first ball is played? Then participants can pick that player for a sure advancement to the next day. Situations like this tournament are extremely rare. Adding a provision for this won't make any difference.
Pratik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 09:46 PM   #505
country flag Fargif
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,926
Fargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Suicide Tennis - Miami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratik View Post
So, I think your opinion reduces to letting W/O's being counted as a win. The problem with that was discussed recently(can't remember where). The points brought up against that did convince me. What if someone gives a walkover before the first ball is played? Then participants can pick that player for a sure advancement to the next day. Situations like this tournament are extremely rare. Adding a provision for this won't make any difference.
We talked about time management some might get info faster or ealier then others, in this case if you changed your pick and i didnt its on me.

This time was a double WO it will happen again probably not soon.

In another scenario you pick has 1st serve. The other player falls and breaks a leg, he cant play, your guy moves on but you loose your pick. Your Back up pick Advances to next round due walover also and your tournament is done. And both your picks are still valid for thoer guys in the next round.
__________________
Suicide:
Doha'14(T)
Houston'14 (W)

FITD:
Washington´14(W)
Fargif is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios