Ask MTF Mods - Page 72 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-28-2014, 07:18 PM   #1066
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

Sham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ask MTF Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doktor Carpet View Post
Player bashing - Insulting players or using derogatory terms/nicknames to attack them. e.g trash, disgusting human being etc.

Is this the new player bashing defintion? That means someone who said player A is a terrible human being or uses nicknames like Divatrov, Fraud, Dull, etc, will receive a infraction or get banned from now on?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bodacious View Post
Where can I read the bolded part?

Yeah, what about "Frauderer", "Nadull" etc.?
Ordinary harmless nicknames like those are still allowed, but it's the extremely insulting ones that are being clamped down on. You know stuff like "shitray" "shitdal" (I ain't good with insulting nicknames, but you get the jist), calling players disgusting, trash or evil etc. There's a lot of forumers who are just used to insulting players in that way, so this'll be a gradual process to reduce the insults around here.

People just can't help themselves during fanbase wars eh?
Sham Kay is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2014, 07:32 PM   #1067
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

Sham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kuerten View Post
Why can't I point out that athletes are a lot more prone to getting mono than regular people? Mono being linked to EPO is a scientific fact, what you do with that information is up to each individual.
I get that you aren't directly referring to doping, but the doping allegations rules can be quite hard to implement, so mods just use their own common sense in each individual case.. It's usually a case of better safe than sorry when a post like yours is deleted, since nobody wants the site we all love to get in trouble right?

Many forumers like playing with the doping rule and hinting at it and sometimes hinting at certain players, without actually referring to any athlete by name. Then some of them complain when it gets deleted. which gives us a great big headache either way.

Only the obvious doping allegations get infracted- all others that involve forumers hinting at things are just deleted. The most annoying one to deal with has to be when people spam stuff like "good doctors" in the most obvious way possible .. Jebus, it's like being back at school sometimes.
Old 03-28-2014, 07:35 PM   #1068
country flag Chris Kuerten

Chris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sham Kay View Post
I get that you aren't directly referring to doping, but the doping allegations rules can be quite hard to implement, so mods just use their own common sense in each individual case.. It's usually a case of better safe than sorry when a post like yours is deleted, since nobody wants the site we all love to get in trouble right?

Many forumers like playing with the doping rule and hinting at it and sometimes hinting at certain players, without actually referring to any athlete by name. Then some of them complain when it gets deleted. which gives us a great big headache either way.

Only the obvious doping allegations get infracted- all others that involve forumers hinting at things are just deleted. The most annoying one to deal with has to be when people spam stuff like "good doctors" in the most obvious way possible .. Jebus, it's like being back at school sometimes.
I actually have wondered for a long time why MTF would get in trouble, since it's literally the only forum I know where it isn't allowed. For example, at TW it's allowed as well while they have a lot more commercial interests to protect than MTF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavisCup2014 View Post
Then get him out of your avatar and sig talking about him like that, disgrace.
Fedtardism = Ingsoc

FEDERER IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS FEDERER

FEDERER IS STRENGTH

Criticism of Federer = Thoughtcrime
Chris Kuerten is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 07:50 PM   #1069
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kuerten View Post
I actually have wondered for a long time why MTF would get in trouble, since it's literally the only forum I know where it isn't allowed. For example, at TW it's allowed as well while they have a lot more commercial interests to protect than MTF.
It's allowed at TW? Surprising.. Though I've always found things a little robotic while lurking over there.

Dunno man. I've figured it's something that's followed on from when MTF was joined with TF.
Old 03-29-2014, 04:19 AM   #1070
country flag tensyo

tensyo has a reputation beyond reputetensyo has a reputation beyond reputetensyo has a reputation beyond reputetensyo has a reputation beyond reputetensyo has a reputation beyond reputetensyo has a reputation beyond reputetensyo has a reputation beyond reputetensyo has a reputation beyond reputetensyo has a reputation beyond reputetensyo has a reputation beyond reputetensyo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ordinary harmless nicknames like those are still allowed, but it's the extremely insulting ones that are being clamped down on. You know stuff like "shitray" "shitdal" (I ain't good with insulting nicknames, but you get the jist), calling players disgusting, trash or evil etc. There's a lot of forumers who are just used to insulting players in that way, so this'll be a gradual process to reduce the insults around here.

People just can't help themselves during fanbase wars eh?
Just give them a ban and you will find that they will change very fast.

They continue to troll/insult because the mods are too lenient. There are some Fedtards who troll and insult in every Nadal thread, yet there is not much action taken, so they continue to do it and this starts the fan wars. Im sure the mods and every regular user know who they are.
There are already rules against trolling but it seems they are allowed to do it without suffering any consequence.

The only mod I see who may take some action is Slasher, but even then only after too long a time when the trolling/insults have provoked a response from other users, and he only gives a warning that thread may be closed if the wars continue. Why not just punish the trollers who post to insult or start wars, instead of closing the thread and punishing other users too.

Just deleting the offending posts is not enough because these people will just continue to troll and insult and spoil other threads as we have seen over and over and over again.

Mods need to apply the anti-trolling/insult rules firmly and quickly, instead of making excuses for the trollers (that they are used to trolling and take a long time to change), and I am sure the trolling will stop quickly too.
tensyo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 10:47 PM   #1071
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by tensyo View Post

They continue to troll/insult because the mods are too lenient. There are some Fedtards who troll and insult in every Nadal thread, yet there is not much action taken, so they continue to do it and this starts the fan wars. Im sure the mods and every regular user know who they are.
There are already rules against trolling but it seems they are allowed to do it without suffering any consequence.

The only mod I see who may take some action is Slasher, but even then only after too long a time when the trolling/insults have provoked a response from other users, and he only gives a warning that thread may be closed if the wars continue. Why not just punish the trollers who post to insult or start wars, instead of closing the thread and punishing other users too.

Just deleting the offending posts is not enough because these people will just continue to troll and insult and spoil other threads as we have seen over and over and over again.

Mods need to apply the anti-trolling/insult rules firmly and quickly, instead of making excuses for the trollers (that they are used to trolling and take a long time to change), and I am sure the trolling will stop quickly too.
Sorry for the late response, busy day. I take your point man, and we'll definitely take your suggestions on board.

Obviously the goal is to improve the quality of the forum, while still giving forumers the freedom to speak freely within the forum rules (nobody better quote this with the spit emote, do that via a bad rep if you can't help yourselves). Mods have been criticised both for being too strict and too lenient in the past, and the best we can do is try to keep a fine balance between the two.
Old 03-30-2014, 02:39 AM   #1072
country flag tensyo

tensyo has a reputation beyond reputetensyo has a reputation beyond reputetensyo has a reputation beyond reputetensyo has a reputation beyond reputetensyo has a reputation beyond reputetensyo has a reputation beyond reputetensyo has a reputation beyond reputetensyo has a reputation beyond reputetensyo has a reputation beyond reputetensyo has a reputation beyond reputetensyo has a reputation beyond repute

Good to hear
tensyo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 09:01 PM   #1073
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tensyo View Post

a guy who made 86 posts in 7 years demanding changes. after you got it,i hope you'll make at least 96 posts in next 7 years
samanosuke is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 11:37 PM   #1074
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

If mods delete a thread, it should be practice for them to PM the user as to why they thread was deleted. And a user should have the right to appeal the deletion.

But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 11:55 PM   #1075
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyEng View Post
If mods delete a thread, it should be practice for them to PM the user as to why they thread was deleted. And a user should have the right to appeal the deletion.
We delete quite a lot of threads on a daily basis, Joe. Your suggestions would be pretty difficult for us to consistently put into practice, without burning a hole in our brains.. Some threads are closed with a short explanation, but this particular one was regarding a banned user and activities outside the forum. We don't mind discussing it with you if you pop us a PM, as you know.

As I told you before, if any user breaks violation of privacy or harassment rules on this forum, they won't go unpunished, since these are very serious accusations. When the time comes, we'll see what's going on.
Old 04-01-2014, 12:21 AM   #1076
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
We delete quite a lot of threads on a daily basis, Joe. Your suggestions would be pretty difficult for us to consistently put into practice, without burning a hole in our brains.. Some threads are closed with a short explanation, but this particular one was regarding a banned user and activities outside the forum. We don't mind discussing it with you if you pop us a PM, as you know.

As I told you before, if any user breaks violation of privacy or harassment rules on this forum, they won't go unpunished, since these are very serious accusations. When the time comes, we'll see what's going on.
Come on Sham, this is basic English, it's "we gonna see what's going on" .

But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 12:45 AM   #1077
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

**We gonna see what's goin' on

I can't match up to you and JG when it comes to saying that one liner man. More training required..
Old 04-05-2014, 07:02 PM   #1078
country flag Pratik

Pratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond repute

I assume the DC SUI vs. KAZ doubles match has been wrongly moved to the doubles forum. It was recently agreed upon that DC Doubles would be allowed in GM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonja1989 View Post
Yes guys, DC will be an exception - doubles DC ties will be allowed to stay in GM.
Pratik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 07:08 PM   #1079
country flag Sonja1989
A happy person

Sonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond repute

It's my fault, sorry. I just edited GM rules and I believe not everyone knew about it in Mod team as I didn't confirm it there.

I can't find the thread now.
Edit: I couldn't find it because someone already moved it back to the GM.

Last edited by Sonja1989 : 04-05-2014 at 07:12 PM.
Sonja1989 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 03:05 AM   #1080
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute

A certain poster has decided to use a specific MTF-based-gif directed towards me with the sole intention of irking me. He has used this gif 48 times in one particular thread of mine, and he has directed that gif at me in different threads 6 other times. I do believe this is spam/baiting, so I'm curious as to why this hasn't been dealt with accordingly.

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but four

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul) W Cordenons (w/dinkulpus)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
I like how you make me appreciate my life by comparing it to yours then I take a deep breath and say: Thank God..
Freak3yman84 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote