Ask MTF Mods - Page 69 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-20-2014, 09:06 AM   #1021
country flag Pratik

Pratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ask MTF Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post
If I'm not mistaken, only the fake username gets mentioned. You never see the original username.

If you get banned for other reasons, you will see your original username appear on that list so that's no longer between the MTF poster and the mods by the looks of it.

I honestly don't understand why people who create double accounts get this much protection vs other MTF posters who break forum rules but it's pretty much a closed debate since mods have made up their minds about it.
Actually, I've never seen the fake username mentioned. I've noticed a lot of banned users with very few posts who never appear on the banned list. They must be the new fake DA's of old posters.
Pratik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2014, 09:16 AM   #1022
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

So, you're telling me that moderators have never changed a rule when they deemed it to be inconsistent with the rest or add something to the set of rules to be able to hande certain situations better?
Every change is made by the forum owner and only by him?

I have been on MTF long enough to not believe that but maybe I misunderstood what you're trying to say here.
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 09:19 AM   #1023
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So, you're telling me that moderators have never changed a rule when they deemed it to be inconsistent with the rest or add something to the set of rules to be able to hande certain situations better?
Every change is made by the forum owner and only by him?

I have been on MTF long enough to not believe that but maybe I misunderstood what you're trying to say here.
I'm just saying some things are open to interpretation, others aren't. The confidentiality rule is crystal clear. As to why it was put there in the first place I do not know.
vBookie net amount won: 31401 (2014: +24706, 2013: +6795, 2012: -100)
TT singles rank 109 (high 90), TT doubles rank 63 (high 63).
Detailed Tennis Tipping and DTT results

Member of Tennis Tipping board and Suicide Tennis board
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 09:20 AM   #1024
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

What I said then. Mods have made up their minds about it, discussion closed.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:21 AM   #1025
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What I said then. Mods have made up their minds about it, discussion closed.
It looks like your mind is the one that is already made up.

Old 03-20-2014, 09:25 AM   #1026
country flag Cloren

Cloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If I'm not mistaken, only the fake username gets mentioned. You never see the original username.
Really? I don't think so. For example Jo Willy, that account is his original one and he is banned atm and the reason they state is because of multiple account while his fake account which is Slice of Life is not mentioned in the list at all.
Cloren is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 09:45 AM   #1027
country flag Castafiore

I see. Thanks for the input, Pratik and Cloren.
Old 03-20-2014, 01:08 PM   #1028
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute

What are the rules for usernames i.e how long they have to be, if they require you to have letters (so ***** couldn't be a username?)

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but four

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul) W Cordenons (w/dinkulpus)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
I like how you make me appreciate my life by comparing it to yours then I take a deep breath and say: Thank God..
Freak3yman84 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 01:34 PM   #1029
country flag Andreas
Новак Ђоковић

Andreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak3yman84 View Post
What are the rules for usernames i.e how long they have to be, if they require you to have letters (so ***** couldn't be a username?)
Usernames can be between 2 and 16 characters long, and they don't necessarily need to contain any letters - signs are fine as well

. . . . . . .
Andreas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 02:28 PM   #1030
country flag Cloren

Cloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=424906

This thread should be moved to the General Player Talk forum.
Cloren is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 03:26 PM   #1031
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloren View Post

Agreed.

Old 03-20-2014, 03:28 PM   #1032
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

Sham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

If you get banned for other reasons, you will see your original username appear on that list so that's no longer between the MTF poster and the mods by the looks of it.

I honestly don't understand why people who create double accounts get this much protection vs other MTF posters who break forum rules but it's pretty much a closed debate since mods have made up their minds about it.
I think you got your response to this and understand now, but just to clarify- all infractions are treated the same with regards to how much information is given out. So with multiple accounts violations, the users main account will be displayed under the public banned users list, with the reason for the ban (multiple accounts) and the length of time. No further details. This is the same with all other infractions. So if a user gets banned for discriminatory remarks for example, they'll be placed on the public banned users list with the reason and length of time, but no further details regarding the post/PM/rep etc that broke the rules.

If you consider this practice a form of protection, then all rule breakers are being protected, not just multiple accounts violators. Just wanted to make that clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloren View Post

Feel free to report the thread next time, mate. Would get a quicker response.
Sham Kay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 02:23 PM   #1033
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Did Andreas recieve my email?

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
Quote:
"Janowicz is a little crazy, but off the court very nice and humble." - Jurgen Melzer

http://marekfurjan.blox.pl/2014/11/S...lczy-o-AO.html
^^^ suck it ill informed JJ haters.

Last edited by ProdigyEng : 03-21-2014 at 02:31 PM.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 05:08 PM   #1034
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute

Can a mod please bold all of the following that would not be allowed as usernames:

Grasshoppah
AntiGloryHunter
Kanderson
BorisBurger
RandomTennisMug
BabyFraud
Tankini
Etcs.
Thugdal
Frauderer
Fakervic
Hombre de Mierda
Birdshit
VultureInChief
ISupportMugs
BoringServeMaker
THErminator
iSpam
gtfo att whores
FullMoonball
Kenny Mcormick
Tony Starkhovsky
Ned Starkhovsky
Fedegina
GetTHEfreakon
Forced Terror
Freaky Terror
ManUnfcd
Force Terror
Tiebreak100isGod
Unforced Terror
Freak3yman84
Penis Surprise
Failed Tweener
Laidbackman84
DropshotDTL
1HBHROSDTL
2HBHCCUE
GrassvsSpeed
Sunball
iHawkEye
TweeNerd
ForumUmpire
JudMuTeam
LendloL
Chip&Charge
PancakeParty
GreenLeaf
卐 卐 卐
♥ ♥ ♥
FreakyAmurican
FreakySperm
FreakyHIAN
Unforced Error
Forced Baby
WTA>ATP
Nadal's Loverboy
MalvinFan69
Nobody Cares

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but four

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul) W Cordenons (w/dinkulpus)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
I like how you make me appreciate my life by comparing it to yours then I take a deep breath and say: Thank God..
Freak3yman84 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 09:36 PM   #1035
country flag motorhead
Banned!

motorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond repute

Why is this smiley not implemented on mtf?

second question: why is freakymen still allowed to post?
motorhead is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote