Damir Dzumhur - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-17-2014, 03:59 AM   #121
country flag Ace20

Ace20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Damir Dzumhur

Hopefully he can make the MD it gonna be tough through

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga | Milos Raonic | Grigor Dimitrov | Kei Nishikori | Jerzy Janowicz | Bernard Tomic | Jack Sock | Donald Young | Ryan Harrison Dominic Thiem | Nick Kyrgios

Filip Peliwo | Karen Khachanov | Elias Ymer | Thanasi Kokkinakis | Kimmer Coppejans | Kyle Edmund | Borna Coric | Gianluigi Quinzi Christian Harrison | Christian Garin | Laslo Djere | Liam Broady | Joshua Ward Hibbert | Luke Saville | Nikola Milojevic | Johan Sebastien Tatlot Enzo Couacaud | Francis Tiafoe | Michael Mmoh | Stefan Kozlov | Orlando Luz
Ace20 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2014, 10:24 PM   #122
country flag The Rocket

The Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond repute

Really good result for Damir. It will give him much confidence and that is what he needs in prepare for clay season.
Hopefully he can at least put good fight against Golubev, maybe even with great day he can win it.

Amer Delic is with him in Miami to give him some advices and help with his game

Tennis Tipping
2012: SF Marrakech CH and Cividino Futures w/Crvena Zvezda ; SF Savanaah CH w/Tooom SF Tampere CH w/Yves ; Winner of Cordenons CH, Alphen CH w/Sonja1989
2013: Winner of Burnie CH w/Sonja1989
The Rocket is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 02:53 PM   #123
country flag Ace20

Ace20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond repute

Challenger Mersin, Turkey

R1: [8] Damir DZUMHUR (BIH) d. Guillaume RUFIN (FRA) 6-4 6-1
R2: [8] Damir DZUMHUR (BIH) d. Egor GERASIMOV (BLR) 6-3 7-6(1)
QF: [8] Damir DZUMHUR (BIH) d. Thomas FABBIANO (ITA) 6-2 6-4
SF: [8] Damir DZUMHUR (BIH) d. Matteo VIOLA (ITA) 6-1 6-2
F: [8] Damir DZUMHUR (BIH) d. [1] Pere RIBA (ESP) 7-6(4) 6-3

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga | Milos Raonic | Grigor Dimitrov | Kei Nishikori | Jerzy Janowicz | Bernard Tomic | Jack Sock | Donald Young | Ryan Harrison Dominic Thiem | Nick Kyrgios

Filip Peliwo | Karen Khachanov | Elias Ymer | Thanasi Kokkinakis | Kimmer Coppejans | Kyle Edmund | Borna Coric | Gianluigi Quinzi Christian Harrison | Christian Garin | Laslo Djere | Liam Broady | Joshua Ward Hibbert | Luke Saville | Nikola Milojevic | Johan Sebastien Tatlot Enzo Couacaud | Francis Tiafoe | Michael Mmoh | Stefan Kozlov | Orlando Luz
Old 04-13-2014, 03:00 PM   #124
country flag Ace20

Locker Room: Damir Dzumhur

Quote:
Damir Dzumhur made history in January when he became the first player from Bosnia and Herzegovina to make the third round of a Grand Slam

We caught up with the 21-year-old to talk skiing, rankings and the Davis Cup.

When did you start playing tennis?
I was five years old, but my father is a tennis coach, so even when I was three, and during the war, I often went to the court.

Do you remember much about the Bosnian war of 1992-1995?
No, I was too young, but people around me still remember it.

What part of Bosnia are you from?
I live in Sarajevo, the capital. When I was young I could have played tennis for Croatia, but I chose to play for Bosnia. Marin Cilic, Ivan Ljubcic and Ivan Dodig are all from Bosnia but chose to leave. It is a small country, but one that has many talented people. I love my country.

Do you enjoy playing Davis Cup?
Yes, I always enjoy Davis Cup. In April last year we had a tie against Moldova. I played two singles matches and doubles. I was on court for around 12 hours and I ended up in hospital after that. Unfortunately it was not enough as we did not win the tie. But I play with a full heart for my country.

Do you think your success at the Australian Open will inspire people in Bosnia to play tennis?
I hope that people will come and watch our Davis Cup ties. Tennis has not been that popular but now I hope that because I have played at a high level, children who don’t know what to do will play tennis and know they too could play at the top.

Are there many tennis courts at home?
No. Even today we have only one normal hard court in the whole of Sarajevo. That court was built this year.

What enabled you to get through qualifying and then to the third round at the Australian Open?
When I played through qualies, almost everybody said I had no chance. I talked to my parents and coach and I believed. Believing in myself helped me a lot. I was very relaxed when I came on court for my first round match [against Jan Hajek] and I played my best tennis. I was a bit lucky in the second round [Ivan Dodig retired]. The third round was tough because Tomas Berdych is one of the best players in the world.

What are your ambitions and have they changed since Australia?
Before the Australian Open I had hoped to be in the top 150 in the world. Now I hope I can make the top 100.

Novak Djokovic spoke to you after your third round match. What did he say?
He congratulated me and said that I will play more and more matches at this level. Novak is one of the best players in the history of the game and so his words mean a lot to me. I am proud that a player like that said these words to me. I met him once before, in Monte Carlo, when I was 16 years old. He won’t remember that, but I know his brothers very well.

Berdych said after the match that you were a guy with a “pretty nice future”.
I will work hard to get that nice future.

What was the reaction from people at home when you played in Australia?
The whole of Bosnia did not sleep. Everyone was watching on TV. I think this is great for a small country. It’s a big thing for Bosnia. It’s like the football players who qualified for the World cup in Brazil for the first time. That was huge and this is what people compare it with.

Did you play any other sports when you were young?
I played football and I still ski. In Sarajevo we are only half an hour away from the mountains. When I was about nine a coach from the skiing federation spotted me and offered to support me as a skier. My father told him that I was already playing tennis. I was quite sad at that time because I wanted to both play tennis and ski.

What else do you do away from tennis?
I like reading books, particularly autobiographies by sports people. I have just finished a book about Djokovic.

Old 04-13-2014, 11:41 PM   #125
country flag The Rocket

The Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond repute

Damir won his first Challenger title in Mersin

He didn't lose a set in run for the title. Next is Bucharest Qualy, there were some indications that he could receive WC for Barcelona

Hope he continues his clay season like he started

Tennis Tipping
2012: SF Marrakech CH and Cividino Futures w/Crvena Zvezda ; SF Savanaah CH w/Tooom SF Tampere CH w/Yves ; Winner of Cordenons CH, Alphen CH w/Sonja1989
Old 05-24-2014, 11:02 AM   #126
country flag MOhero

MOhero has a reputation beyond reputeMOhero has a reputation beyond reputeMOhero has a reputation beyond reputeMOhero has a reputation beyond reputeMOhero has a reputation beyond reputeMOhero has a reputation beyond reputeMOhero has a reputation beyond reputeMOhero has a reputation beyond reputeMOhero has a reputation beyond reputeMOhero has a reputation beyond reputeMOhero has a reputation beyond repute

GL in Roland Garros!

Amer Ismar Aldin Siniša Tomo Mirza Vedran Aco Zlatan Mladen Jasmin Franjo Damir Orhan Jovan Alen Sven Adnan Dario Aziz
MOhero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 08:20 PM   #127
country flag The Rocket

Second Challenger title this year

Tennis Tipping
Old 06-08-2014, 08:23 PM   #128
country flag IncrediBale

IncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond repute

Seeing him next week in Kosice
#20 #9 #1 #3Forever loving Noleta
IncrediBale is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 07:50 PM   #129
country flag Ace20

Wimbledon Qualifying Draw

Damir Dzumhur (BIH) [5]
vs Ante Pavic (CRO)
Joshua Ward Hibbert (GBR) vs Wayne Odesnik (USA)
Nikola Mektic (CRO) vs Hiroki Moriya (JPN)
David Rice (GBR) vs Marc Gicquel (FRA) [29]

Old 07-14-2014, 03:16 AM   #130
country flag Ace20

San Benedetto, Italy Challenger

R1: [4] Damir DZUMHUR (BIH) d. [WC] Gianluigi QUINZI (ITA) 4-6 6-4 6-1
R2: [4] Damir DZUMHUR (BIH) d. Marton FUCSOVICS (HUN) 7-6(1) 6-4
QF: [4] Damir DZUMHUR (BIH) d. Borna CORIC (CRO) 6-2 7-5
SF: [4] Damir DZUMHUR (BIH) d. [5] Norbert GOMBOS (SVK) 6-4 6-2
F: [4] Damir DZUMHUR (BIH) d. [1] Andreas HAIDER-MAURER (AUT) 6-3 6-3

Old 07-18-2014, 03:19 PM   #131
country flag Virtu4l

Virtu4l is on a distinguished road

Damir won the title in San Benedetto, beating Haider-Maurer in the final. Later he lost the first round match in Poznan.

He is first alternate for US Open.
Virtu4l is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 12:36 PM   #132
country flag tennis2018

tennis2018 has a reputation beyond reputetennis2018 has a reputation beyond reputetennis2018 has a reputation beyond reputetennis2018 has a reputation beyond reputetennis2018 has a reputation beyond reputetennis2018 has a reputation beyond reputetennis2018 has a reputation beyond reputetennis2018 has a reputation beyond reputetennis2018 has a reputation beyond reputetennis2018 has a reputation beyond reputetennis2018 has a reputation beyond repute

Almagro has pulled out!!!
tennis2018 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote