IW R4: Djokovic def. Cilic 1-6 6-2 6-3 - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-13-2014, 07:50 AM   #31
country flag Acer

Acer has a reputation beyond reputeAcer has a reputation beyond reputeAcer has a reputation beyond reputeAcer has a reputation beyond reputeAcer has a reputation beyond reputeAcer has a reputation beyond reputeAcer has a reputation beyond reputeAcer has a reputation beyond reputeAcer has a reputation beyond reputeAcer has a reputation beyond reputeAcer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IW R4: Djokovic def. Cilic 1-6 6-2 6-3

Most useless player on the tour. Good riddance.
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2014, 07:58 AM   #32
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

I still can't understand Novak's mental lapses. Maybe, being his fan, I tend to be too critical but still... He almost got baggeled in the first set. His game is there, he is fit and healthy ... no reason to play like like a clown and then turn out to a champ he is ... up and down, up and down.

Also, one thing that really bothers me is that I don't see that passion/excitement on the court any more. Win or lose a point Djokovic just behaves like a freaking emotionless robot. Don't get me wrong, I don't like psychotic players who trow tantrums all the time but I do enjoy players who simply have some fire in their eyes. I just don't see that in Novak any more.

OK, maybe I've gone too far with my favorite player but I needed to vent and Djokovic lately frustrates me too much . Nole fans, don't hate me coz I'm beautiful and cranky today .

Btw, who's that really old lady sitting in Nole's box?
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:14 AM   #33
country flag MinioNole

MinioNole has a reputation beyond reputeMinioNole has a reputation beyond reputeMinioNole has a reputation beyond reputeMinioNole has a reputation beyond reputeMinioNole has a reputation beyond reputeMinioNole has a reputation beyond reputeMinioNole has a reputation beyond reputeMinioNole has a reputation beyond reputeMinioNole has a reputation beyond reputeMinioNole has a reputation beyond reputeMinioNole has a reputation beyond repute

Nole, I fucking hate you sometimes. Those stupid mental lapses ain't gonna help you whatsoever. Good luck with your remaining games.
MinioNole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:18 AM   #34
country flag TennisSavior

TennisSavior has a reputation beyond reputeTennisSavior has a reputation beyond reputeTennisSavior has a reputation beyond reputeTennisSavior has a reputation beyond reputeTennisSavior has a reputation beyond reputeTennisSavior has a reputation beyond reputeTennisSavior has a reputation beyond reputeTennisSavior has a reputation beyond reputeTennisSavior has a reputation beyond reputeTennisSavior has a reputation beyond reputeTennisSavior has a reputation beyond repute

All according to plan.

"You seriously think Federer fans like myself are just going to stand by and let trolls call Federer's era "weak" and say that his accomplishments don't mean anything? I suppose you are one of those people?"

- Kyle_Johansen
TennisSavior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:21 AM   #35
country flag Hypnotize

Hypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond repute

Even in poor form, Novak was never going to lose to Cilic.
Hypnotize is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:23 AM   #36
country flag xcom

xcom has a reputation beyond reputexcom has a reputation beyond reputexcom has a reputation beyond reputexcom has a reputation beyond reputexcom has a reputation beyond reputexcom has a reputation beyond reputexcom has a reputation beyond reputexcom has a reputation beyond reputexcom has a reputation beyond reputexcom has a reputation beyond reputexcom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
Also, one thing that really bothers me is that I don't see that passion/excitement on the court any more. Win or lose a point Djokovic just behaves like a freaking emotionless robot. Don't get me wrong, I don't like psychotic players who trow tantrums all the time but I do enjoy players who simply have some fire in their eyes. I just don't see that in Novak any more.
I agree it looked that way very much in the 1st set. But he tried to fire himself up in the 2nd and 3rd and it worked, so that's on the positive side. I think he was expecting Marin to step it up but when it actually happened it still took him by surprise. Marin couldn't miss in the 1st set and hit lots of 1st serves and aces.

Nole will need to step it up in the next rounds. If he faces Isner again in the semis it sure won't be a walk in the park.
xcom is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:36 AM   #37
country flag petar_pan
Banned!

petar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanosuke View Post
you really don't get it. Cilic played good till Nole was crap, in the moment Nole started to play better Cilic disappeared. This fact telling more than losing 6-0 6-0
I allready got it. You have some issues, man.
petar_pan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:40 AM   #38
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcom View Post
I agree it looked that way very much in the 1st set. But he tried to fire himself up in the 2nd and 3rd and it worked, so that's on the positive side. I think he was expecting Marin to step it up but when it actually happened it still took him by surprise. Marin couldn't miss in the 1st set and hit lots of 1st serves and aces.
He did say something like that:

Quote:
"I was composed and mentally calm, regardless of the score line," said Djokovic. "I just accepted the fact that he came out of the blocks better than I did. He was very aggressive, not missing at all, serving incredibly fast and accurate. I couldn't do much really. I was forced to back up.

"I believed that I could come back. The second set was a whole new story. I reset myself and told myself it was the start of the match. I forgot about the first set and the second and third went really well. It was the intensity I want to have and I hope to keep it up."
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 10:30 AM   #39
country flag Dark Knight

Dark Knight has a reputation beyond reputeDark Knight has a reputation beyond reputeDark Knight has a reputation beyond reputeDark Knight has a reputation beyond reputeDark Knight has a reputation beyond reputeDark Knight has a reputation beyond reputeDark Knight has a reputation beyond reputeDark Knight has a reputation beyond reputeDark Knight has a reputation beyond reputeDark Knight has a reputation beyond reputeDark Knight has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats to Trollovic and his fans

ROGER FEDERER

STANISLAS WAWRINKA
Dark Knight is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 10:33 AM   #40
country flag riff

riff has a reputation beyond reputeriff has a reputation beyond reputeriff has a reputation beyond reputeriff has a reputation beyond reputeriff has a reputation beyond reputeriff has a reputation beyond reputeriff has a reputation beyond reputeriff has a reputation beyond reputeriff has a reputation beyond reputeriff has a reputation beyond reputeriff has a reputation beyond repute

Nole in his sleep! Takes this. Only Fed can stop. Great final awaits.
riff is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 10:49 AM   #41
country flag Police Of Mind

Police Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond repute

Classic Cilic.
Police Of Mind is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:21 AM   #42
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

nid he would drop a set, nid he would still win. boring tournament really

Jerzy Janowicz/Bernard the aTomic /Thanasi Kokkinakis/Kei Nishikori

John Millman / Javier Martí/Taro Daniel-Jules Marie-Josh Milton

Henkka Kontinen
-Nick Kyrgios-Henri Laaksonen- Attila Balazs- Pierre Hugues Herbert-Alex Bolt-Marcus Willis-Kristijan Mesaros-Brydan Klein-Chris Rungkat-Piotr Gadomski-Hugo Nys-Pol Toledo
www.tennisalternative.com
Sombrerero loco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:25 AM   #43
country flag R0B1S

R0B1S has a reputation beyond reputeR0B1S has a reputation beyond reputeR0B1S has a reputation beyond reputeR0B1S has a reputation beyond reputeR0B1S has a reputation beyond reputeR0B1S has a reputation beyond reputeR0B1S has a reputation beyond reputeR0B1S has a reputation beyond reputeR0B1S has a reputation beyond reputeR0B1S has a reputation beyond reputeR0B1S has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't expect Djokovic to drop a set, but the end result still was as NID as it gets.
R0B1S is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:58 AM   #44
country flag petar_pan
Banned!

petar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Police Of Mind View Post
Classic Cilic.
Actually not. There wasn't choking.
This is new Cilic...I hope.
petar_pan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:40 PM   #45
Joey Tribbiani

Joey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond repute

What a troll he's becoming.

4 AO - 1 RG - 7 W - 5 USO

302 weeks #1 - 6 WTFs

#bel18ve

..keep fighting Roger, keep believing, keep doing your magic..
Joey Tribbiani is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote