Flying Higher in 2014 - the Cheering and Hair Tearing Thread - Page 24 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-12-2014, 11:48 PM   #346
country flag BlueLighthouse

BlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flying Higher in 2014 - the Cheering and Hair Tearing Thread

Thanks. I watched RBA live here a couple of times on a small court, no crowd. He's like that. Complaining about every little thing. The court, the noise, the ballboys, the towels. It's really annoying like nagging.

Gulbis . Tursunov . Simon . Paire . Dimitrov . Thiem
BlueLighthouse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2014, 11:55 PM   #347
country flag CatBernet

CatBernet has a reputation beyond reputeCatBernet has a reputation beyond reputeCatBernet has a reputation beyond reputeCatBernet has a reputation beyond reputeCatBernet has a reputation beyond reputeCatBernet has a reputation beyond reputeCatBernet has a reputation beyond reputeCatBernet has a reputation beyond reputeCatBernet has a reputation beyond reputeCatBernet has a reputation beyond reputeCatBernet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLighthouse View Post
Thanks. I watched RBA live here a couple of times on a small court, no crowd. He's like that. Complaining about every little thing. The court, the noise, the ballboys, the towels. It's really annoying like nagging.
Geez, he sounds just like someone we know--hahahhah. I posted over in general messages (rather than in the fan forum) my feelings on today's performance.
CatBernet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:15 AM   #348

BlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond repute

"Geez, he sounds just like someone we know--hahahhah"

Sounds like someone we know and love But I don't care for RBA so I find his drama annoying while Ernests' drama funny and forgivable. Make sense?

Anyway, I won't defend or argue about 'like a woman' comment from Ernests that caused huge uproar on GM. It's cultural thing. Asians, Europeans, Americans, Australian, Africans, etc see this comment differently. It would take forever to talk about it and we'll finally agree to disagree. Something that offends you may not offend others or to different degree. That is all.

Old 03-13-2014, 12:27 AM   #349
country flag deyaT87

deyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond repute

yeah he won
What a drama....I really hope Ernie will not play against RBA again...it's so frustrating and stressful to watch.
deyaT87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:30 AM   #350
country flag takuma

takuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond repute

He simply meant RBA should grow a pair
Ernests loves women, he repeated that many times in IVs. He's surrounded by them, his family is full of fascinating and beautiful ladies. People in GM don't know him well, so it's easier for them to believe he said that in a derogatory manner (I guess).
takuma is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:35 AM   #351
country flag CatBernet

CatBernet has a reputation beyond reputeCatBernet has a reputation beyond reputeCatBernet has a reputation beyond reputeCatBernet has a reputation beyond reputeCatBernet has a reputation beyond reputeCatBernet has a reputation beyond reputeCatBernet has a reputation beyond reputeCatBernet has a reputation beyond reputeCatBernet has a reputation beyond reputeCatBernet has a reputation beyond reputeCatBernet has a reputation beyond repute

It's not so much cultural. There are plenty of Americans who make misogynistic comments. If I may make a generalization, since that's all good...what's really weird to me is that younger people, as in 20's and younger have decided it's cool to say things like this if they're negative about women. They're more advanced than older people in that they don't tolerate this sort of thing with regard to race and sexual preference, but there's been a regression as far as finding it okay to make negative generalizations about women--you know, bitches and hoes. I'm in my 30s so I find myself in a generation that's uncomfortable with any of it (again, a generalization, as I know there are plenty of rednecks from all countries and all generations). Like I said elsewhere on MTF, I found Ernests' overall behavior in the second set, beyond the woman comment, to be really immature--not charming--just nonstop whining and disruptive crap. Why do that when the point you're trying to make is that the other player is being a baby? Maybe act like an adult so that people can see what a douche the other guy is in comparison. Ernests is a millions times more appealing when he's not complaining and arguing with the umpire. Giving shit directly to the other player took it to another level. The commentators kept mentioning how it was something you only see in the jr. level.
Old 03-13-2014, 12:38 AM   #352
country flag CatBernet

Here's a prime example, Haas is about to play, and if things start going downhill for him, he will ramble on non-friggin-stop, but usually all to himself. That's fun...I love watching that...
Old 03-13-2014, 12:56 AM   #353
country flag Truedaisy

Truedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond reputeTruedaisy has a reputation beyond repute

So two spoiled princes met and had a go at it... Luckily, it's our guy who's got the bragging rights in the end.

Other players have exhibited obnoxious on-court behavior when something has peeved them. They are all prone to it, even the best of them. They're only human and it has nothing to do with being mature or not. Sometimes your buttons get pushed and you lose your cool. It happens. Commentators were taking it too far when they say it only happens in the junior level. What about Soderling imitating Nadal's butt-picking? Wasn't that sophomoric?
Truedaisy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:57 AM   #354
country flag osmonde

osmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond repute

By the way: Ernests said yesterday that RBA was his lucky charm. Every time he won against him, he won the tournament.
Never know with all those seeded players busted out already.

Schedule is out for QF and Ernests has a day off tomorrow. Happy that he could rest after a 2:25h. match. And a day to practice as well.

He will play Isner who won in 3 sets. The problem will be the crowd cheering for Isner, and Ernests find that difficult when nobody is on his side.
But he proved that he could do it in Marseilles where he beat 3 french players.
Hope Ernests will be on and play agressively to make Isner move.
If Ernests goes to SF, then he will be back at 19 in ranking.

Last edited by osmonde : 03-13-2014 at 01:14 AM.
osmonde is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 01:16 AM   #355

Finally, a freaking day off!!! After sleepless night before Dimitrov match and cramp in RBA match, he's got a break.

Old 03-13-2014, 06:14 AM   #356

@burtonad
"Sorry about sometimes being a pain in the ass" says Ernests Gulbis to Carlos Bernades, tennis' zen umpire. Bernades' thoughts unknown.

No report if RBA & Ernests apologize to each other or not. But don't hold your breath there.

Old 03-13-2014, 09:39 AM   #357
country flag eze

eze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond repute

By the way, it is Ernests nameday today, congrats
eze is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:33 PM   #358
country flag Gliese581

Gliese581 has a reputation beyond reputeGliese581 has a reputation beyond reputeGliese581 has a reputation beyond reputeGliese581 has a reputation beyond reputeGliese581 has a reputation beyond reputeGliese581 has a reputation beyond reputeGliese581 has a reputation beyond reputeGliese581 has a reputation beyond reputeGliese581 has a reputation beyond reputeGliese581 has a reputation beyond reputeGliese581 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think him and RBA say anything to each other off court..if they did it probably wouldn't end well

im glad ernie gets a rest. After 2 tough matches he'll need it with isner up next
Gliese581 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:38 PM   #359
country flag brazuca5copas

brazuca5copas has a reputation beyond reputebrazuca5copas has a reputation beyond reputebrazuca5copas has a reputation beyond reputebrazuca5copas has a reputation beyond reputebrazuca5copas has a reputation beyond reputebrazuca5copas has a reputation beyond reputebrazuca5copas has a reputation beyond reputebrazuca5copas has a reputation beyond reputebrazuca5copas has a reputation beyond reputebrazuca5copas has a reputation beyond reputebrazuca5copas has a reputation beyond repute

I don't recommend you guys to read the spanish press today. They're destroying Gulbis reputation and also the spanish fans are showing big angry about him. I believe that Ernests will not face it easy days when he plays in Barcelona or Madrid this year, but of course he doesn't worry about.
brazuca5copas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:49 PM   #360

Quote:
Originally Posted by brazuca5copas View Post
I don't recommend you guys to read the spanish press today. They're destroying Gulbis reputation and also the spanish fans are showing big angry about him. I believe that Ernests will not face it easy days when he plays in Barcelona or Madrid this year, but of course he doesn't worry about.
ohhh Tasty. Did RBA say anything? Please please. Looking forward to their next match already