Milos Raonic - Page 184 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-10-2014, 01:38 AM   #2746
country flag DTLB

DTLB has a reputation beyond reputeDTLB has a reputation beyond reputeDTLB has a reputation beyond reputeDTLB has a reputation beyond reputeDTLB has a reputation beyond reputeDTLB has a reputation beyond reputeDTLB has a reputation beyond reputeDTLB has a reputation beyond reputeDTLB has a reputation beyond reputeDTLB has a reputation beyond reputeDTLB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Milos Raonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markenstein View Post
You're a retard. Why are you talking about woman's tennis on here? Go to tf for that geez.
Agreed, we shouldn't be discussing women's tennis; however, it's worth speaking about Genie because it show's how the Roanic [and Pospisil] camps screwed up.

Yes, the dreaded declaration of Canadian non-residency to avoid, albeit legally, Canadian taxes.

Roanic is a resident of Monaco? While Pospisil is a resident of the Bahamas? Genie Bourchard is a resident of CANADA - she pays CANADIAN taxes. Why? Maybe because she's grateful for the schooling, infrastructure, and all the other social programs Canada has provider her and her family?

What happened with Raonic, Pospisil, and Nestor[Nestorović]? Millions of Canadians pay taxes so EVERYONE is Canada can have a respectable standard of living. What what did Raonic do when he got the chance to pay back via taxes?

Andy Murray and Rafa Nadal are residents of their country and they are paying a much higher marginal tax rate than Raonic would in Canada. Maybe Nadal and Murray need better accountants, or maybe, just maybe, these guys realize what their country has done for them and their family.

Beyond the non-residency thing, it's shocking how quickly and ferociously the media has jumped on the Genie Bouchard bandwagon. Is Nike behind it? Maybe, but regardless, she's a true Canadian patriot and i have much respect for her...

Does Raonic have the guts to explain the real reason why he's a resident of Monaco... doubt it!
DTLB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2014, 07:21 AM   #2747
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

1. Raonic is a resident of Thornhill, ON, as per his ATP bio page.
http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/P...os-Raonic.aspx

2, Djokovic's career and at-home popularity doesn't seem to be suffering from his residency outside Serbia.

3. These political arguments in here are more tiresome than vacation diarrhea. Get a life already.
Old 02-11-2014, 05:51 AM   #2748
country flag a1canada

a1canada has a reputation beyond reputea1canada has a reputation beyond reputea1canada has a reputation beyond reputea1canada has a reputation beyond reputea1canada has a reputation beyond reputea1canada has a reputation beyond reputea1canada has a reputation beyond reputea1canada has a reputation beyond reputea1canada has a reputation beyond reputea1canada has a reputation beyond reputea1canada has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTLB View Post
Agreed, we shouldn't be discussing women's tennis; however, it's worth speaking about Genie because it show's how the Roanic [and Pospisil] camps screwed up.

Yes, the dreaded declaration of Canadian non-residency to avoid, albeit legally, Canadian taxes.

Roanic is a resident of Monaco? While Pospisil is a resident of the Bahamas? Genie Bourchard is a resident of CANADA - she pays CANADIAN taxes. Why? Maybe because she's grateful for the schooling, infrastructure, and all the other social programs Canada has provider her and her family?

What happened with Raonic, Pospisil, and Nestor[Nestorović]? Millions of Canadians pay taxes so EVERYONE is Canada can have a respectable standard of living. What what did Raonic do when he got the chance to pay back via taxes?

Andy Murray and Rafa Nadal are residents of their country and they are paying a much higher marginal tax rate than Raonic would in Canada. Maybe Nadal and Murray need better accountants, or maybe, just maybe, these guys realize what their country has done for them and their family.

Beyond the non-residency thing, it's shocking how quickly and ferociously the media has jumped on the Genie Bouchard bandwagon. Is Nike behind it? Maybe, but regardless, she's a true Canadian patriot and i have much respect for her...

Does Raonic have the guts to explain the real reason why he's a resident of Monaco... doubt it!
GENIE has just began to make $$$$, you can bet that she will have follow most tennis players to a tax haven, no big deal, doesn't change anything, they will continue to generate revenue for tennis canada thru drawing fans to events, and other promotions.
We commented earlier this year that RAONIC suddenly had his profile change back from MONACO to THORNHILL , although I sincerely doubt his tax situation has changed , just his ATP profile!
Old 02-12-2014, 10:32 PM   #2749
country flag DTLB

DTLB has a reputation beyond reputeDTLB has a reputation beyond reputeDTLB has a reputation beyond reputeDTLB has a reputation beyond reputeDTLB has a reputation beyond reputeDTLB has a reputation beyond reputeDTLB has a reputation beyond reputeDTLB has a reputation beyond reputeDTLB has a reputation beyond reputeDTLB has a reputation beyond reputeDTLB has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1canada View Post
GENIE has just began to make $$$$, you can bet that she will have follow most tennis players to a tax haven, no big deal, doesn't change anything, they will continue to generate revenue for tennis canada thru drawing fans to events, and other promotions.
We commented earlier this year that RAONIC suddenly had his profile change back from MONACO to THORNHILL , although I sincerely doubt his tax situation has changed , just his ATP profile!
Are you implying he changed it to appear that he's a Canadian resident, but while continuing to maintain his non-residency to avoid Canadian taxes? If that's true, that's pure dishonesty. Regardless, CRA will be notified he's advertising that he's a Canadian resident.

"Most" tennis players don't declare non-residency, but it sure looks like a lot of players from the Serbia region are fond of declaring non-residency.

Tomic is now under scrutiny from an Australian journalist. See this article. Like Raonic, he's not doing anything illegal - it's not a legal issue, but a moral issue.

Genie will continue to be resident of Canada because she realizes she's more marketable as a Canadian resident. I sure hope she does not try to deceive tennis fans as her image will be tarnished for life.
Old 02-13-2014, 04:46 AM   #2750
country flag J99

J99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Are you implying he changed it to appear that he's a Canadian resident, but while continuing to maintain his non-residency to avoid Canadian taxes? If that's true, that's pure dishonesty. Regardless, CRA will be notified he's advertising that he's a Canadian resident.

"Most" tennis players don't declare non-residency, but it sure looks like a lot of players from the Serbia region are fond of declaring non-residency.

Tomic is now under scrutiny from an Australian journalist. See this article. Like Raonic, he's not doing anything illegal - it's not a legal issue, but a moral issue.

Genie will continue to be resident of Canada because she realizes she's more marketable as a Canadian resident. I sure hope she does not try to deceive tennis fans as her image will be tarnished for life.
Are you kidding me, these posts are a joke.

TT stats site: http://mtftt.info/

Melzer, Rafa, Fognini, Murray, Pospisil, Ferrer, Haas, Dolgopolov, Almagro, Nishikori, Dimitrov, Kohlschreiber, Robredo, Benneteau, Simon, Janowicz, plus a lot more, mostly, if not all clay courters, but firstly just the game itself.
J99 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 01:47 AM   #2751
country flag Mr.Prysse.

Mr.Prysse. has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Prysse. has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Prysse. has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Prysse. has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Prysse. has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Prysse. has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Prysse. has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Prysse. has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Prysse. has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Prysse. has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Prysse. has a reputation beyond repute

Milos is a resident of Monte-Carlo according to his own website.

He moved to Monaco two years ago and then his residency changed to Thornhill late last year.
He spent most of the off-season in Monaco and he's practising there this week.

Nobody goes from to Thornhill to Monaco and the goes back to Thornhill.
Maybe he asked the ATP to cover him up which would be pretty smart.

Anyways, he can pay taxes (or not) wherever he wants but Tennis Canada shouldn't spend hundreds of thousands on a multi-millionaire who's most likely residing in Monte Carlo.
Mr.Prysse. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 06:32 AM   #2752
country flag a1canada

a1canada has a reputation beyond reputea1canada has a reputation beyond reputea1canada has a reputation beyond reputea1canada has a reputation beyond reputea1canada has a reputation beyond reputea1canada has a reputation beyond reputea1canada has a reputation beyond reputea1canada has a reputation beyond reputea1canada has a reputation beyond reputea1canada has a reputation beyond reputea1canada has a reputation beyond repute

Bad break for Raonic to miss best part of indoor hard season, just to return for IW, MIAMI then clay, where he can't compete very well with the slow conditions.
Likely going to be a long wait for some results again.

Ps-Milos loves Canada , non stop tweets about Canadians at the olympics!
Old 02-21-2014, 09:21 AM   #2753
country flag Markenstein

Markenstein has a reputation beyond reputeMarkenstein has a reputation beyond reputeMarkenstein has a reputation beyond reputeMarkenstein has a reputation beyond reputeMarkenstein has a reputation beyond reputeMarkenstein has a reputation beyond reputeMarkenstein has a reputation beyond reputeMarkenstein has a reputation beyond reputeMarkenstein has a reputation beyond reputeMarkenstein has a reputation beyond reputeMarkenstein has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1canada View Post
Bad break for Raonic to miss best part of indoor hard season, just to return for IW, MIAMI then clay, where he can't compete very well with the slow conditions.
Likely going to be a long wait for some results again.

Ps-Milos loves Canada , non stop tweets about Canadians at the olympics!
Yup. Genie is quite patriotic too. But zilch from vasek.

http://vanopen.com/images/banner_01.jpg
I want this pic as my signature. How the hell do I do it?
Markenstein is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 01:27 AM   #2754
country flag DTLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Prysse. View Post
Milos is a resident of Monte-Carlo according to his own website.

He moved to Monaco two years ago and then his residency changed to Thornhill late last year.
He spent most of the off-season in Monaco and he's practising there this week.

Nobody goes from to Thornhill to Monaco and the goes back to Thornhill.
Maybe he asked the ATP to cover him up which would be pretty smart.
So, one has to ask if he's still resident of Monaco, why would ATP website change the status???? Did someone from his team initiate the change on ATP website???
Old 02-25-2014, 09:30 PM   #2755
country flag Mr.Prysse.

Mr.Prysse. has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Prysse. has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Prysse. has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Prysse. has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Prysse. has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Prysse. has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Prysse. has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Prysse. has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Prysse. has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Prysse. has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Prysse. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So, one has to ask if he's still resident of Monaco, why would ATP website change the status???? Did someone from his team initiate the change on ATP website???
His website and his official ATP profile don't indicate the same residence status. Milos is a smart guy, very PR savy.
He must know Thornill looks better than Monte Carlo.

Anyways, he's practing in Los Angeles.
Mr.Prysse. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 05:17 AM   #2756
country flag Ace20

Ace20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond repute

Indian Wells

(10)Milos Raonic Bye
Benjamin Becker vs Édouard Roger-Vasselin
Alejandro Falla vs Federico Delbonis
(18)Jerzy Janowicz Bye

J. Isner | J. Sock | D.Y. | R. Harrison | C. Harrison | D. Kudla | S. Querrey | S. Johnson | R. Williams

J. Donaldson | N. Rubin | S. Kozlov | B. Kozlov | F. Tiafoe | M. Mmoh | T. Harry Fritz | A. Fenty
Ace20 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 03:45 AM   #2757
country flag Miss Molly

Miss Molly has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Molly has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Molly has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Molly has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Molly has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Molly has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Molly has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Molly has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Molly has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Molly has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Molly has a reputation beyond repute

Milos plays Murray at 2 pm eastern tomorrow.
Miss Molly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:42 PM   #2758
country flag Markenstein

Markenstein has a reputation beyond reputeMarkenstein has a reputation beyond reputeMarkenstein has a reputation beyond reputeMarkenstein has a reputation beyond reputeMarkenstein has a reputation beyond reputeMarkenstein has a reputation beyond reputeMarkenstein has a reputation beyond reputeMarkenstein has a reputation beyond reputeMarkenstein has a reputation beyond reputeMarkenstein has a reputation beyond reputeMarkenstein has a reputation beyond repute

Sportsnet in Canada is really passing me off. They're televising IW but they choose not to show any of the raonic matches. That's pathetic. I wish TSN had the rights to these non slam events. They at least stream milos matches on the net. Sportsnet is pathetic. They better show today's match against Murray.

http://vanopen.com/images/banner_01.jpg
I want this pic as my signature. How the hell do I do it?
Markenstein is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:17 PM   #2759
country flag Miss Molly

Miss Molly has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Molly has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Molly has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Molly has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Molly has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Molly has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Molly has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Molly has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Molly has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Molly has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Molly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markenstein View Post
Sportsnet in Canada is really passing me off. They're televising IW but they choose not to show any of the raonic matches. That's pathetic. I wish TSN had the rights to these non slam events. They at least stream milos matches on the net. Sportsnet is pathetic. They better show today's match against Murray.
It was on SN1 today, I saw the third set.
Miss Molly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 06:44 PM   #2760
country flag Ace20

Ace20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond repute

Miami

(12)Milos Raonic Bye
Guido Pella vs Q
Bradley Klahn vs Guillermo García-López
(23)Gaël Monfils Bye

J. Isner | J. Sock | D.Y. | R. Harrison | C. Harrison | D. Kudla | S. Querrey | S. Johnson | R. Williams

J. Donaldson | N. Rubin | S. Kozlov | B. Kozlov | F. Tiafoe | M. Mmoh | T. Harry Fritz | A. Fenty
Ace20 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote