AO Final: Stanislas Wawrinka def. Rafael Nadal 63 62 36 63 - Page 43 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2014, 12:37 PM   #631
country flag SliceAce

SliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AO Final: Stanislas Wawrinka def. Rafael Nadal 63 62 36 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitt =Legend View Post
Onya Stanley. Fully deserved grand slam title beating Djokovic and Nadal on the way.

^^ This is the best post in a thread full of absolute nutters. This is exactly how I felt watching it in the moment. Wawrinka was in amazing form during the first set, dictating play from the baseline and not letting Nadal take any initiative in the rallies. Mixed it up superbly with some excellent serve and volley plays when Nadal was returning serve 5 metres behind the baseline. Was slapping miraculous winners for fun. Nadal's movement and serve were not hindered one iota.

We then move into the second set and it begins remarkably similar to the first. Wawrinka gets the break and then all of a sudden Nadal pulls up after a serve. Proceeds to take a MTO as soon as possible and leaves the court. Now we get to the part of whether or not this back injury was legit. Only Nadal and his team will ever know but with his track record I couldn't take him seriously and the crowd obviously felt the same way. Usually a grand slam final crowd are not the most knowledgeable spectators out there so you know it's pretty obvious when they reacted the way they did. This was all psychological from Nadal. We've seen it time and time before, most notably during his 7 month "injury" break in 2012 straight after winning RG. He skipped the AO then even though he could have easily played it. He is afraid of losing and people doubting him and that he could actually lose a match while healthy to a superior opponent on the night. The crowd booing him affected him significantly. He was all over the place mentally, wondering how he was going to explain everything. People have to remember that Nadal is a prototype, created and designed by Uncle Toni and co from day one. Every single move in his career has been calculated from day one. The time wasting, making his opponent wait before the match starts in the locker room and before the coin toss, the whole shebang with the water bottles and rituals before he serves. When all of this doesn't work he turns to extreme measures and I think he was found out publicly tonight and he didn't know how to react to that at all.

As I expected, after he got through that third set, he upped the ante in the fourth and his rapid movement returned for the most part. Started running down balls he wasn't getting close to in the second set. The intensity and rituals before he served all returned. Thankfully Wawrinka was able to recover from all of these mind games and close out the match in style. It's just a shame that Wawrinka's first slam win will be overshadowed for the most part due to Nadal's antics. You could see how subdued he was with his celebrations after the final shot. Didn't know what to do at all.

Anyway, fantastic to see a fresh face with a grand slam title. Also great to see someone break the top four stranglehold as well. Hopefully he can maintain this level throughout the season and for years to come. We'll now wait and see what happens with Nadal but I have no doubts he will be back and firing on all cylinders for the commencement of the clay season.
Thank you for making the summary of what really happened I was too lazy to make for those who missed the match. Spot on
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2014, 12:39 PM   #632
country flag TBkeeper

TBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond repute

LOLLLL the happiest Day of my frikin life hahaha I'm glad i didn't commit suicide back in 10th grade SO HAPPY ! Love my life !

SLAMS: 4 SEMIS, 6 QUARTERS
WTF: 1 TITLE, 1 FINAL, 1 SEMI
MASTERS: 3 TITLES, 5 SEMIS, 10 QUARTERS
TITLES: 21
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 478-322
TBkeeper is online now View My Blog!  
Old 01-26-2014, 12:39 PM   #633
country flag Sophocles

Sophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitt =Legend View Post
Onya Stanley. Fully deserved grand slam title beating Djokovic and Nadal on the way.

^^ This is the best post in a thread full of absolute nutters. This is exactly how I felt watching it in the moment. Wawrinka was in amazing form during the first set, dictating play from the baseline and not letting Nadal take any initiative in the rallies. Mixed it up superbly with some excellent serve and volley plays when Nadal was returning serve 5 metres behind the baseline. Was slapping miraculous winners for fun. Nadal's movement and serve were not hindered one iota.

We then move into the second set and it begins remarkably similar to the first. Wawrinka gets the break and then all of a sudden Nadal pulls up after a serve. Proceeds to take a MTO as soon as possible and leaves the court. Now we get to the part of whether or not this back injury was legit. Only Nadal and his team will ever know but with his track record I couldn't take him seriously and the crowd obviously felt the same way. Usually a grand slam final crowd are not the most knowledgeable spectators out there so you know it's pretty obvious when they reacted the way they did. This was all psychological from Nadal. We've seen it time and time before, most notably during his 7 month "injury" break in 2012 straight after winning RG. He skipped the AO then even though he could have easily played it. He is afraid of losing and people doubting him and that he could actually lose a match while healthy to a superior opponent on the night. The crowd booing him affected him significantly. He was all over the place mentally, wondering how he was going to explain everything. People have to remember that Nadal is a prototype, created and designed by Uncle Toni and co from day one. Every single move in his career has been calculated from day one. The time wasting, making his opponent wait before the match starts in the locker room and before the coin toss, the whole shebang with the water bottles and rituals before he serves. When all of this doesn't work he turns to extreme measures and I think he was found out publicly tonight and he didn't know how to react to that at all.

As I expected, after he got through that third set, he upped the ante in the fourth and his rapid movement returned for the most part. Started running down balls he wasn't getting close to in the second set. The intensity and rituals before he served all returned. Thankfully Wawrinka was able to recover from all of these mind games and close out the match in style. It's just a shame that Wawrinka's first slam win will be overshadowed for the most part due to Nadal's antics. You could see how subdued he was with his celebrations after the final shot. Didn't know what to do at all.

Anyway, fantastic to see a fresh face with a grand slam title. Also great to see someone break the top four stranglehold as well. Hopefully he can maintain this level throughout the season and for years to come. We'll now wait and see what happens with Nadal but I have no doubts he will be back and firing on all cylinders for the commencement of the clay season.
Excellent post. Humbacheato tards should be forced to put the bolded part in their sigs.
Old 01-26-2014, 12:41 PM   #634
country flag Police Of Mind

Police Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond repute

Looking forward to Federer fans shoving those tears down everyone's throat when Nadal had a legitimate reason for complaint, unlike their man.
Police Of Mind is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-26-2014, 12:41 PM   #635
country flag Gliese581

Gliese581 has a reputation beyond reputeGliese581 has a reputation beyond reputeGliese581 has a reputation beyond reputeGliese581 has a reputation beyond reputeGliese581 has a reputation beyond reputeGliese581 has a reputation beyond reputeGliese581 has a reputation beyond reputeGliese581 has a reputation beyond reputeGliese581 has a reputation beyond reputeGliese581 has a reputation beyond reputeGliese581 has a reputation beyond repute

does stan still compete in davis cup or does he pull out?
Gliese581 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-26-2014, 12:41 PM   #636
country flag Slade
Anti-Dull Alliance

Slade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBkeeper View Post
LOLLLL the happiest Day of my frikin life hahaha I'm glad i didn't commit suicide back in 10th grade SO HAPPY ! Love my life !
You missed a great roast.

First Stan was destroying Dull, then Dull took an MTO like usual. After that, he pretended like he's injured and then surprised Stan when he was really at 100% anyway. Stan lost the set but increased his level to win

Roger & Pete - Offensive all-court genius. Nadull - Defensive pusher.

If Nadull had an argument for GOAT, it's that he got so far with no talent. It's like dragging a dying weasel across a long road. He gets there, but it's an ugly sight to behold. Nadull is a classless cheat, and a pretender.

Roger Federer(on Nadull): "He's one-dimensional, he always plays the same way."
Slade is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-26-2014, 12:41 PM   #637
country flag RForehand

RForehand has a reputation beyond reputeRForehand has a reputation beyond reputeRForehand has a reputation beyond reputeRForehand has a reputation beyond reputeRForehand has a reputation beyond reputeRForehand has a reputation beyond reputeRForehand has a reputation beyond reputeRForehand has a reputation beyond reputeRForehand has a reputation beyond reputeRForehand has a reputation beyond reputeRForehand has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allez View Post
What was disgraceful about those comments I made about a decade ago lol. You cheer for someone who wins not beat down on the loser the way you turds are doing.
Gloryhunter

Federer = GOAT

2004-2007 = Strongest era in tennis
RForehand is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-26-2014, 12:44 PM   #638
country flag Slade
Anti-Dull Alliance

Slade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond repute

Condolences to Avi13

If Nadull had an argument for GOAT, it's that he got so far with no talent. It's like dragging a dying weasel across a long road. He gets there, but it's an ugly sight to behold. Nadull is a classless cheat, and a pretender.

Old 01-26-2014, 12:44 PM   #639
country flag mdterp01

mdterp01 has a reputation beyond reputemdterp01 has a reputation beyond reputemdterp01 has a reputation beyond reputemdterp01 has a reputation beyond reputemdterp01 has a reputation beyond reputemdterp01 has a reputation beyond reputemdterp01 has a reputation beyond reputemdterp01 has a reputation beyond reputemdterp01 has a reputation beyond reputemdterp01 has a reputation beyond reputemdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaratandMilos View Post
Tennis in slams is a test of endurance as much as anything else. If Nadal can't get through one of them without getting hurt, that's on him. No asterisks here, he didn't deserve to win. Stan did.
This x's 10000000000000000000000!!!!
mdterp01 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-26-2014, 12:45 PM   #640
country flag Allez

Allez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RForehand View Post
Gloryhunter
Tennis fan 1st and a realist Been a fan of Rafa's for ages mate even on these days when things don't go his way. Fan of quite a few other players as well including Stan. No glory hunting here Gloryhunters are the rats who are not even fans of Stans but are infesting this thread with ridiculous vitriol. That would be you
Allez is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-26-2014, 12:46 PM   #641
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute

Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is online now View My Blog!  
Old 01-26-2014, 12:46 PM   #642
country flag fivebargate

fivebargate has a reputation beyond reputefivebargate has a reputation beyond reputefivebargate has a reputation beyond reputefivebargate has a reputation beyond reputefivebargate has a reputation beyond reputefivebargate has a reputation beyond reputefivebargate has a reputation beyond reputefivebargate has a reputation beyond reputefivebargate has a reputation beyond reputefivebargate has a reputation beyond reputefivebargate has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadethly View Post
Well, this is tennis I'm afraid. We now have to put up with Wawrinka being a Grand Slam champion for the rest of our lives.
Put up with it? Are you kidding? It's brilliant for the game. And so well deserved.
fivebargate is online now View My Blog!  
Old 01-26-2014, 12:46 PM   #643
country flag sand_wawrinka

sand_wawrinka has a reputation beyond reputesand_wawrinka has a reputation beyond reputesand_wawrinka has a reputation beyond reputesand_wawrinka has a reputation beyond reputesand_wawrinka has a reputation beyond reputesand_wawrinka has a reputation beyond reputesand_wawrinka has a reputation beyond reputesand_wawrinka has a reputation beyond reputesand_wawrinka has a reputation beyond reputesand_wawrinka has a reputation beyond reputesand_wawrinka has a reputation beyond repute

Stan: "There's a big chance I get drunk tonight." HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

juan martín del potro - novak djokovic - andy murray
sand_wawrinka is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-26-2014, 12:47 PM   #644
country flag Sophocles

Sophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
Old 01-26-2014, 12:47 PM   #645
country flag Slade
Anti-Dull Alliance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post

True

Closed Thread