What's your fav NBA team? And since when do you support them? - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-27-2013, 01:25 AM   #46
country flag rus59

rus59 has a reputation beyond reputerus59 has a reputation beyond reputerus59 has a reputation beyond reputerus59 has a reputation beyond reputerus59 has a reputation beyond reputerus59 has a reputation beyond reputerus59 has a reputation beyond reputerus59 has a reputation beyond reputerus59 has a reputation beyond reputerus59 has a reputation beyond reputerus59 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's your fav NBA team? And since when do you support them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolesfan2011 View Post
I also liked the Raptors when they had Vince Carter and the Wizards when Gilbert Arenas was so good.

i like every team that had (have) igoudala. sixers nuggets warriors
rus59 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2013, 10:43 AM   #47
country flag LeChuck

LeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond repute

I was born in Vancouver, so the Grizzlies were my favourite team when they played there from 1995-2001. However poor management, poor draft picks, and a noticeable decline in fan interest led to their relocation to Memphis, which was a huge shame but inevitable unfortunately. Saying that it's not as if the Grizzlies get particularly impressive attendances at Memphis either.

Nowadays the Raptors are my favourite NBA team. Teams from Toronto that are run by MLSE are famous for a lack of success on the field/rink/court, but recording very impressive financial results off them.

I don't follow the NBA as much as the NHL or NFL nowadays though, as there isn't simply not enough parity in the league. Only 8 different teams have won the NBA championship in the last 30 years, while 8 different teams have won the NHL Stanley Cup in the last 10 years for comparison.
LeChuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 11:58 AM   #48
country flag ne znam ali mozda

ne znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond reputene znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond reputene znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond reputene znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond reputene znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond reputene znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond reputene znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond reputene znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond reputene znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond reputene znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond reputene znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond repute

Mavericks.

Since I don't remember.
ne znam ali mozda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 08:34 PM   #49
country flag Newcomer
Banned!

Newcomer has a reputation beyond reputeNewcomer has a reputation beyond reputeNewcomer has a reputation beyond reputeNewcomer has a reputation beyond reputeNewcomer has a reputation beyond reputeNewcomer has a reputation beyond reputeNewcomer has a reputation beyond reputeNewcomer has a reputation beyond reputeNewcomer has a reputation beyond reputeNewcomer has a reputation beyond reputeNewcomer has a reputation beyond repute

My first favourite team was that fabolous NJ Nets with Kidd, but know Brooklyn is just shit. I didn't follow the league that much in past years, but really liked that team. And now I support Celtics, Wizards and Kings.
I hate Lakers, NY and OKC.
Newcomer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 12:27 AM   #50
country flag out_here_grindin

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeChuck View Post
I was born in Vancouver, so the Grizzlies were my favourite team when they played there from 1995-2001. However poor management, poor draft picks, and a noticeable decline in fan interest led to their relocation to Memphis, which was a huge shame but inevitable unfortunately. Saying that it's not as if the Grizzlies get particularly impressive attendances at Memphis either.

Nowadays the Raptors are my favourite NBA team. Teams from Toronto that are run by MLSE are famous for a lack of success on the field/rink/court, but recording very impressive financial results off them.

I don't follow the NBA as much as the NHL or NFL nowadays though, as there isn't simply not enough parity in the league. Only 8 different teams have won the NBA championship in the last 30 years, while 8 different teams have won the NHL Stanley Cup in the last 10 years for comparison.
The NHL has the best parity in the sports leagues. Every team has made the playoffs at least once since 2006 (the Oilers have the longest post-season gap, last making it in 06). Baseball has teams that haven't made it since the 80s and the NFL has the Bills which have not made the playoffs since 1999.

Follow college tennis here.. (I am the user Clemson_tennis)
out_here_grindin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 07:27 AM   #51
country flag LeChuck

LeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by out_here_grindin View Post
The NHL has the best parity in the sports leagues. Every team has made the playoffs at least once since 2006 (the Oilers have the longest post-season gap, last making it in 06). Baseball has teams that haven't made it since the 80s and the NFL has the Bills which have not made the playoffs since 1999.
Yes that's why I love the NHL so much. In a given season, most teams in the league have a realistic chance of reaching the playoffs, and then most of the teams in the playoffs have a realistic chance of winning the Stanley Cup. In the NBA, usually only a maximum of 3-4 teams have a realistic chance of winning the Larry O'Brien trophy in a given season, and many teams have no shot of even making the playoffs.

Really the NHL playoffs are so much more exciting than the NBA playoffs. In fact the 1st round of the NBA playoffs are often (but not always) very predictable and a complete waste of time.

Given that the NFL has a 16 game regular season and then winner-takes-all single elimination playoff rounds, it's incredibly impressive how the NHL, with it's marathon 82 game regular season and best of 7 series playoff rounds, measures up against it in terms of parity.

I suppose the inherent nature of basketball reduces NBA parity though. NBA teams have much smaller roster sizes than the NHL or NFL, so it's easier for them to build their teams around a few superstar players. These superstars then get a lot more playing time and far more opportunities to score than in those other 2 leagues, meaning that the team with the strongest roster is more likely to win the championship and potentially dominate for a few years.
LeChuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 02:47 AM   #52
country flag Sauletekis

Sauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond repute

Raps on the way to playoffs!!! Yay!

Sporting Clube de Portugal, Fútbol Club Barcelona, Newcastle United Football Club, FK Vilniaus Žalgiris
Sauletekis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 03:21 AM   #53
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

Lakers fo Life

Also Clippers, Bulls and Knicks
Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg 52m
Aside from everything else, Petra Kvitova is also the first player in WTA history to successfully recover from Radek Stepanek... #Wimbledon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalusbrian View Post
Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg 1h
Yes, Genie Bouchard is the next Maria Sharapova...in that she's being overwhelmed by Petra Kvitova in a #Wimbledon final. Up 6-3, 2-0.:
:
deestruction.tumblr.com
Naudio Spanlatine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 07:46 PM   #54
country flag Redaftw

Redaftw has a reputation beyond reputeRedaftw has a reputation beyond reputeRedaftw has a reputation beyond reputeRedaftw has a reputation beyond reputeRedaftw has a reputation beyond reputeRedaftw has a reputation beyond reputeRedaftw has a reputation beyond reputeRedaftw has a reputation beyond reputeRedaftw has a reputation beyond reputeRedaftw has a reputation beyond reputeRedaftw has a reputation beyond repute

What a great night of NBA yesterday Melo's 62 points with only 10 of them from the foul line. Parsons' 10 3's in the 2nd half impressed me even more and one of my favorites players Teletovic caught fire like he used to do with Caja Laboral

Redaftw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 08:34 PM   #55
country flag Doktor Carpet

Doktor Carpet has a reputation beyond reputeDoktor Carpet has a reputation beyond reputeDoktor Carpet has a reputation beyond reputeDoktor Carpet has a reputation beyond reputeDoktor Carpet has a reputation beyond reputeDoktor Carpet has a reputation beyond reputeDoktor Carpet has a reputation beyond reputeDoktor Carpet has a reputation beyond reputeDoktor Carpet has a reputation beyond reputeDoktor Carpet has a reputation beyond reputeDoktor Carpet has a reputation beyond repute

Thunder owned Spurs 3 times already in this season.
Doktor Carpet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 12:33 PM   #56
country flag streetballdude

streetballdude has a reputation beyond reputestreetballdude has a reputation beyond reputestreetballdude has a reputation beyond reputestreetballdude has a reputation beyond reputestreetballdude has a reputation beyond reputestreetballdude has a reputation beyond reputestreetballdude has a reputation beyond reputestreetballdude has a reputation beyond reputestreetballdude has a reputation beyond reputestreetballdude has a reputation beyond reputestreetballdude has a reputation beyond repute

GOAT performance. He only took 13 shots in total as well.

Groove's Career Plan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
Age 30-34, make my way into top 10 from top 2000
Age 35-40, peak/prime
Age 41-42, decline, retire in 2032
streetballdude is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 01:27 PM   #57
country flag Doktor Carpet

Doktor Carpet has a reputation beyond reputeDoktor Carpet has a reputation beyond reputeDoktor Carpet has a reputation beyond reputeDoktor Carpet has a reputation beyond reputeDoktor Carpet has a reputation beyond reputeDoktor Carpet has a reputation beyond reputeDoktor Carpet has a reputation beyond reputeDoktor Carpet has a reputation beyond reputeDoktor Carpet has a reputation beyond reputeDoktor Carpet has a reputation beyond reputeDoktor Carpet has a reputation beyond repute

Sadly it was against my team, but this game winning dunk to beat the buzzer is something for the ages!
Doktor Carpet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote