when will Djokovic regain #1 ranking? - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: when will Djokovic regain #1 ranking?

Post RG 32 41.56%
post Wim 6 7.79%
post USO 7 9.09%
year end 2014 3 3.90%
he won't 29 37.66%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-24-2013, 02:26 AM   #46
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: when will Djokovic regain #1 ranking?

Let's see what's going on in AO. That is 2000 points Djokovic defending, Nadal, 0. Possibly 4000 point swing, not to mention Rafa can get points in Doha to offset his South American points he won't defend.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2013, 03:05 AM   #47
country flag a1canada

a1canada has a reputation beyond reputea1canada has a reputation beyond reputea1canada has a reputation beyond reputea1canada has a reputation beyond reputea1canada has a reputation beyond reputea1canada has a reputation beyond reputea1canada has a reputation beyond reputea1canada has a reputation beyond reputea1canada has a reputation beyond reputea1canada has a reputation beyond reputea1canada has a reputation beyond repute

Its a poll, just vote and see if you get it right, we are obviously all just guessing!
Old 12-24-2013, 09:55 AM   #48
country flag Radalek

Radalek has a reputation beyond reputeRadalek has a reputation beyond reputeRadalek has a reputation beyond reputeRadalek has a reputation beyond reputeRadalek has a reputation beyond reputeRadalek has a reputation beyond reputeRadalek has a reputation beyond reputeRadalek has a reputation beyond reputeRadalek has a reputation beyond reputeRadalek has a reputation beyond reputeRadalek has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1canada View Post
I see no reason to believe novak would do better on clay in 2014, there's no way djokovic makes every clay final as you suggest, losing to nadal.

We could finally get a surprise and nadal not dominate the clay points, but we'll be crazy to count on that!

He still may regain #1 at any time of the year, he has every point possible post USO , winning 2 tournaments in a row like IW and Miami would likely do it, not like that is easy, but possible .

I just wouldn't count on Clay for a point increase, Rafa could actually gain more on clay.
How can Rafa gain on clay in 2014? He won everything he played but MC and Novak actually had his worst clay season in years point wise. All Novak has to do different compared to 2013 is to go further than round 1 in Madrid and to not lose in RG before he meets Rafa in the final and that automatically means Rafa can't gain on him in clay points even if Novak fails to defend MC. Everything more than that and Novak will actually gain on Rafa during clay season.

But for the question...AO is crucial, if Novak wins I can see him regaining #1 somehere between IW and Wimbledon, if Rafa wins, it can't happen before USO swing if at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooza2011 View Post
Who is going to break him? Chardy?
Chardy breaks Murray three times in a row right after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapeod View Post
My tennis expertise is in the top 5%
Radalek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 10:15 AM   #49
country flag NADALRECORD
Banned!

NADALRECORD has a reputation beyond reputeNADALRECORD has a reputation beyond reputeNADALRECORD has a reputation beyond reputeNADALRECORD has a reputation beyond reputeNADALRECORD has a reputation beyond reputeNADALRECORD has a reputation beyond reputeNADALRECORD has a reputation beyond reputeNADALRECORD has a reputation beyond reputeNADALRECORD has a reputation beyond reputeNADALRECORD has a reputation beyond reputeNADALRECORD has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radalek View Post
You're aware that even if Rafa wins every single clay tournament in 2014 beating Novak, Novak can gain 700 or more points on him?

Rafa played SA clay swing and earned more points than he would by reaching AO semi so no, he can't earn max AO points for real unless you expect from him to play AO and entire SA swing again and then IW/Miami? That would be suicide.
People keep forgetting that Djokovic had a horrible clay season for his standards (R2 Madrid, QF Rome) and that he went out early in IW and Miami too. This year he can't play Rafa before final in RG so that's another 500 points to take.
I am not saying he will surely get #1 but I have no idea how people can act like it's something impossible, two of them will be very close throughout first half of the season till Wimbledon. Rafa can gain a lot there but then he has to defend loads of points in US open series.
You'll find Nadal is a lot better on clay in 2014 than he was in 2013. Nadal was rusty and limping in the 1st half of 2013. Yes he won Indian Wells, but I saw him visibly limping (which I did not see at the US Open series events) and he endured a couple of thrillers to win Indian Wells. You saw how much better he was in the 2nd half of the year when he won 3 straight hardcourt events. That sharpness will continue for the 1st half of 2014. And let me note that Nadal has done very little physical activity since the World Tour Finals. He'll be fresh in Australia, and he'll cruise through South America. Undefeated clay season is most likely.
NADALRECORD is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 10:23 AM   #50
country flag Radalek

Radalek has a reputation beyond reputeRadalek has a reputation beyond reputeRadalek has a reputation beyond reputeRadalek has a reputation beyond reputeRadalek has a reputation beyond reputeRadalek has a reputation beyond reputeRadalek has a reputation beyond reputeRadalek has a reputation beyond reputeRadalek has a reputation beyond reputeRadalek has a reputation beyond reputeRadalek has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NADALRECORD View Post
You'll find Nadal is a lot better on clay in 2014 than he was in 2013. Nadal was rusty and limping in the 1st half of 2013. Yes he won Indian Wells, but I saw him visibly limping (which I did not see at the US Open series events) and he endured a couple of thrillers to win Indian Wells. You saw how much better he was in the 2nd half of the year when he won 3 straight hardcourt events. That sharpness will continue for the 1st half of 2014. And let me note that Nadal has done very little physical activity since the World Tour Finals. He'll be fresh in Australia, and he'll cruise through South America. Undefeated clay season is most likely.
Asking again...are you aware that Nadal can go undefeated in the clay season and still lose ground points wise to Djokovic? Djokovic won MC yeah, but then he lost R1 in Madrid and went out in QF in Rome, also in 2014 he can't meet Rafa before finals in RG. The whole point of the thread is rankings and nothing else.
Quote:

Quote:
Old 12-24-2013, 10:33 AM   #51
country flag Ash86

Ash86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond repute

Best to wait till the end of the AO - that will be crucial - could be anything up to a 4000 point swing (obviously Novak losing in R1 is very very very unlikely!!). IW I'd expect Nadal to at least make SF or F again - it's his best HC tournament by far. It is really post Wimbledon that he's likely to lose the most points as he won't defend all 3 of the North American HC events (going deep in all 3 would be a good enough result).
Ash86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 01:38 PM   #52
country flag Nolesaurus

Nolesaurus has a reputation beyond reputeNolesaurus has a reputation beyond reputeNolesaurus has a reputation beyond reputeNolesaurus has a reputation beyond reputeNolesaurus has a reputation beyond reputeNolesaurus has a reputation beyond reputeNolesaurus has a reputation beyond reputeNolesaurus has a reputation beyond reputeNolesaurus has a reputation beyond reputeNolesaurus has a reputation beyond reputeNolesaurus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NADALRECORD View Post
This is almost funny, I don't see Nadal beating Nole ever again but hey whatever makes you sleep at night
Nolesaurus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 04:46 PM   #53
country flag a1canada

a1canada has a reputation beyond reputea1canada has a reputation beyond reputea1canada has a reputation beyond reputea1canada has a reputation beyond reputea1canada has a reputation beyond reputea1canada has a reputation beyond reputea1canada has a reputation beyond reputea1canada has a reputation beyond reputea1canada has a reputation beyond reputea1canada has a reputation beyond reputea1canada has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radalek View Post
How can Rafa gain on clay in 2014? He won everything he played but MC and Novak actually had his worst clay season in years point wise. All Novak has to do different compared to 2013 is to go further than round 1 in Madrid and to not lose in RG before he meets Rafa in the final and that automatically means Rafa can't gain on him in clay points even if Novak fails to defend MC. Everything more than that and Novak will actually gain on Rafa during clay season.

But for the question...AO is crucial, if Novak wins I can see him regaining #1 somehere between IW and Wimbledon, if Rafa wins, it can't happen before USO swing if at all.
You may have a point about clay points, I didn't realize nole may have made less points this clay season, I don't follow his point totals that closely, I was thinking since he won a clay masters, maybe nadal takes that one also.

If djokovic repeats as AO champ again, I think it is likely the #1 spot may change a few times back and fourth this season, if he somehow gets defeated at AO, like you mention, Nadal will likely be #1 most of the Year.
Old 12-24-2013, 05:25 PM   #54
country flag Fargif

Fargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond repute

Nole wont repeat or even try to repeat Clay season 2011. For a simple reason. He wants to come fresh for RG.

Yes he does have alot of points to gain in clay season. But thats just it he has potential. In the end he needs to figure out what is more important. Nº1 or RG title?

We all know Rafa plays every year MC-BARÇA-MADRID-ROME and RG. And win most of them. Now who does this? Not even talking about the winning part because we know its Rafas playground so almost no chance.

But who plays all these tournaments year in and year out? Nobody. But only Nole can play all 3 masters 1000 and RG. But thats something i think he wont do.

Another thing is because they are nº1 and nº2 most likely they would meet in the RG Final, thats 500 pt for Nole.Just my opinion.
Fargif is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 05:29 PM   #55
country flag nolethebest

nolethebest has a reputation beyond reputenolethebest has a reputation beyond reputenolethebest has a reputation beyond reputenolethebest has a reputation beyond reputenolethebest has a reputation beyond reputenolethebest has a reputation beyond reputenolethebest has a reputation beyond reputenolethebest has a reputation beyond reputenolethebest has a reputation beyond reputenolethebest has a reputation beyond reputenolethebest has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargif View Post
Nole wont repeat or even try to repeat Clay season 2011. For a simple reason. He wants to come fresh for RG.

Yes he does have alot of points to gain in clay season. But thats just it he has potential. In the end he needs to figure out what is more important. Nº1 or RG title?

We all know Rafa plays every year MC-BARÇA-MADRID-ROME and RG. And win most of them. Now who does this? Not even talking about the winning part because we know its Rafas playground so almost no chance.

But who plays all these tournaments year in and year out? Nobody. But only Nole can play all 3 masters 1000 and RG. But thats something i think he wont do.

Another thing is because they are nº1 and nº2 most likely they would meet in the RG Final, thats 500 pt for Nole.Just my opinion.
very interesting point you make I think novak would rather win slams than be no1....on the other hand results come with the no1 ranking
Old 12-24-2013, 05:35 PM   #56
country flag Htom Sirveaux

Htom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolesaurus View Post
This is almost funny, I don't see Nadal beating Nole ever again but hey whatever makes you sleep at night
Just found this little gem when searching for any other predictions you might have made with your second sight:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolesaurus View Post
If Nole loses to the cheater in Montreal, I will never post here again.
So WTF are you still doing here?
Htom Sirveaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 11:10 PM   #57
country flag Hangaroo

Hangaroo has a reputation beyond reputeHangaroo has a reputation beyond reputeHangaroo has a reputation beyond reputeHangaroo has a reputation beyond reputeHangaroo has a reputation beyond reputeHangaroo has a reputation beyond reputeHangaroo has a reputation beyond reputeHangaroo has a reputation beyond reputeHangaroo has a reputation beyond reputeHangaroo has a reputation beyond reputeHangaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Wilander - "I can see him (Djokovic) being No. 1 for the next four years."

Mats eying Boris's job already

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Ten...y-Surface.aspx
Old 12-25-2013, 01:06 AM   #58
country flag Franie

Franie has a reputation beyond reputeFranie has a reputation beyond reputeFranie has a reputation beyond reputeFranie has a reputation beyond reputeFranie has a reputation beyond reputeFranie has a reputation beyond reputeFranie has a reputation beyond reputeFranie has a reputation beyond reputeFranie has a reputation beyond reputeFranie has a reputation beyond reputeFranie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolethebest View Post
so I guess you disagree???????
With what? My point, since you clearly missed it, was to point out the irony of your screenname considering, using your own criteria, Djoko is not the best. Amusing. Very Amusing.
Franie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 04:27 AM   #59
country flag Radalek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargif View Post

He doesn't have to repeat it. For example, if he gets to the final of Madrid, Rome and RG and lose them all...boom, he gained 1500 points compared to 2013. That's how bad his last clay season was.
Quote:

Quote:
Old 12-25-2013, 06:12 AM   #60
country flag tektonac

tektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond repute

humbalito is done, nole is in hunting mode.
tektonac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote