Guillermo Olaso under investigation for match fixing, UPDATE: POST #33 - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-17-2013, 10:29 PM   #46
country flag outrider

outrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Guillermo Olaso under investigation for match fixing, UPDATE: POST #33

http://www.oddsportal.com/tennis/ita...erto-QZRptCc5/

His last match? What a legend. hahahahaha
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2013, 10:52 PM   #47
country flag rus59

rus59 has a reputation beyond reputerus59 has a reputation beyond reputerus59 has a reputation beyond reputerus59 has a reputation beyond reputerus59 has a reputation beyond reputerus59 has a reputation beyond reputerus59 has a reputation beyond reputerus59 has a reputation beyond reputerus59 has a reputation beyond reputerus59 has a reputation beyond reputerus59 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Guillermo Olaso under investigation for match fixing, UPDATE: POST #33

it was his match vs markora in andrija challenger where he lost 0-6 1-6
he can get a life time ban and fine 250k
rus59 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 02:44 PM   #48
country flag Dead Net Cord

Dead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond repute

Neil Harman ‏@NeilHarmanTimes 9m
Appears that Olaso was approached by an offer to throw a match and failed to report the offence to the Integrity Unit, hence the ban

According to As the match was a challenger Astana 2010 R1 encounter, which Olaso lost to a home player Danjil Braun (ranked #17xx) 3-6 3-6
Dead Net Cord is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 02:52 PM   #49
country flag Dead Net Cord

Dead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond repute

Tennis Integrity Unit Media Release: http://www.tennisintegrityunit.com/d...cember2013.pdf
Dead Net Cord is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 03:04 PM   #50
country flag philosophicalarf

philosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Net Cord View Post
Tennis Integrity Unit Media Release: http://www.tennisintegrityunit.com/d...cember2013.pdf
So 2 counts of not reporting fixing, and one of:

"...... solicit or accept any money, benefit or Consideration for ..... a Corruption Offense; or (ii) which leads, directly or indirectly, to the commission of a Corruption Offense".

In other words, he was actively involved, it's not just failing to report an approach - I'm not sure quite what sort of ban the latter would result in, but probably 6-12 months max even in the current harsher climate, never 5 years.

Last edited by philosophicalarf : 12-23-2013 at 03:08 PM.
philosophicalarf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 03:33 PM   #51
country flag Ash86

Ash86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by philosophicalarf View Post

"...... solicit or accept any money, benefit or Consideration for ..... a Corruption Offense; or (ii) which leads, directly or indirectly, to the commission of a Corruption Offense".

In other words, he was actively involved, it's not just failing to report an approach - I'm not sure quite what sort of ban the latter would result in, but probably 6-12 months max even in the current harsher climate, never 5 years.
His media release says he never threw a match - simply that he didn't report the approach. Who knows though. Google Translate:

Quote:
Today December 23, 2013 the arbitrator Richard McLaren announced the decision to impose a penalty based on the Uniform Tennis Anti -Corruption Program for a period of three and a half years [ the statement of the TIU has been punished by five years , not three ] , a training course corruption, and a fine of $ 25,000 . Faced with this decision I should clarify :
That in 2010 I was contacted by a Russian criminal organization dedicated to commit fraud in sports betting . Your broker , the Serbian player David Savic, asked me to fix the outcome of the first round match against Astana Challenger Daniil Braun.
Given this approach does not react properly and I was wrapped in a very difficult situation that I came to cause a picture of fear and anxiety that seriously affected my athletic performance.
However, I must clarify that I did not accept the proposal, which rejected all offers of money , I have not settled in my career the outcome of any tennis match , and that after the ordeal I have been reporting on multiple occasions the Tennis Integrity Unit approaches that I have suffered . I must also encourage all players to immediately report such situations to avoid becoming involved in situations like that I suffered in 2010.
Although the prosecution had requested a life ban and $ 100,000 fine , I think the penalty of three and a half years and $ 25,000 is still excessive and disproportionate , and will be challenged before the Court of Swiss Arbitration, where defend my innocence and my right to continue my career.
http://www.tennistopic.com/rod-laver...anar-partidos/
Ash86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 03:35 PM   #52
country flag rus59

rus59 has a reputation beyond reputerus59 has a reputation beyond reputerus59 has a reputation beyond reputerus59 has a reputation beyond reputerus59 has a reputation beyond reputerus59 has a reputation beyond reputerus59 has a reputation beyond reputerus59 has a reputation beyond reputerus59 has a reputation beyond reputerus59 has a reputation beyond reputerus59 has a reputation beyond repute

5year ban pretty rough
he must be thinking of changing profession
rus59 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 03:37 PM   #53
country flag Ash86

Ash86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by philosophicalarf View Post

Isn't that part related to providing accreditation i.e., allowing intermediaries to attend the event? "No Covered Person shall, directly or indirectly, solicit or accept any money, benefit or Consideration for the provision of an accreditation to an Event (i) for the purpose of facilitating a commission of a Corruption Offense; or (ii) which leads, directly or indirectly, to the commission of a Corruption Offense." Not actually throwing a match? Couldn't find clear charge which suggests he actively threw a match.
Ash86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 03:41 PM   #54
country flag philosophicalarf

philosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash86 View Post
Isn't that part related to providing accreditation i.e., allowing intermediaries to attend the event?
It could be, although again you have to wonder how that could possibly result in anything close to a 5 year ban. Given that the whole proceedings are going to remain confidential, he can claim whatever he likes in public :-)

For example, the charge says he accepted or solicited money/benefits ....yaddayadda.... corruption. In public, he then claims he "rejected cash". Plenty ways both can be true, but he can chose the presentation that shows him in the best light.

Not surprised to see Savic was involved though. As per my previous post, the 6/1 6/0 match between them was interesting :-)

Last edited by philosophicalarf : 12-23-2013 at 03:47 PM.
philosophicalarf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 12:31 AM   #55
country flag putti

putti has a reputation beyond reputeputti has a reputation beyond reputeputti has a reputation beyond reputeputti has a reputation beyond reputeputti has a reputation beyond reputeputti has a reputation beyond reputeputti has a reputation beyond reputeputti has a reputation beyond reputeputti has a reputation beyond reputeputti has a reputation beyond reputeputti has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash86 View Post
Isn't that part related to providing accreditation i.e., allowing intermediaries to attend the event? "No Covered Person shall, directly or indirectly, solicit or accept any money, benefit or Consideration for the provision of an accreditation to an Event (i) for the purpose of facilitating a commission of a Corruption Offense; or (ii) which leads, directly or indirectly, to the commission of a Corruption Offense." Not actually throwing a match? Couldn't find clear charge which suggests he actively threw a match.
nope, it was a "journeman trap" he fell into
he had simply switched from 'clay' to 'indoor hard' overnight back then(inc travel to Kaz in economy)
No way he was winning that match.
I would blame schedule here.

If he was approached and failed to report afterwards, it is no joke btw

Last edited by putti : 12-24-2013 at 12:45 AM.
putti is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 06:55 PM   #56
country flag CooCooCachoo
MONSOON season.

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute

Five years Match fixing is seen as more problematic than doping

Bachinger|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Crivoi|Crugnola|Cue vas|Eysseric|Giannessi|Gombos|Granollers
Grigelis|Huta Galung|Ilhan|Korolev|Kudla|Al. Kuznetsov|Lammer|Mannarino
Menendez|Naso|Paire|Peliwo|Polansky|Robert|Smyczek |J. Sousa|Sweeting

CooCooCachoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 07:22 PM   #57
country flag Sauletekis

Sauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond repute

People who bet on Olaso deserve to lose their money, no matter the reason.

Sporting Clube de Portugal, Fútbol Club Barcelona, Newcastle United Football Club, FK Vilniaus Žalgiris
Sauletekis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 04:29 AM   #58
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute

Memo has always been a donkey but the true black sheep of his family is his brother Miguel.
And this issue will get even bigger if Lizarriturri decides to talk, he's seen a lot of the shady stuff done in the Bizkaian Federation and the lower level of ATP

Arkulari is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 09:54 AM   #59
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

waiting for the updates, lets see what happens!

Jerzy Janowicz/Bernard the aTomic /Thanasi Kokkinakis/Kei Nishikori

John Millman / Javier Martí/Taro Daniel-Jules Marie-Josh Milton

Henkka Kontinen
-Nick Kyrgios-Henri Laaksonen- Attila Balazs- Pierre Hugues Herbert-Alex Bolt-Marcus Willis-Kristijan Mesaros-Brydan Klein-Chris Rungkat-Piotr Gadomski-Hugo Nys-Pol Toledo
www.tennisalternative.com
Sombrerero loco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 10:00 AM   #60
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkulari View Post
Memo has always been a donkey but the true black sheep of his family is his brother Miguel.
And this issue will get even bigger if Lizarriturri decides to talk, he's seen a lot of the shady stuff done in the Bizkaian Federation and the lower level of ATP
liza is always speaking shit of many people from the back anyway. i guess if they ask him, he will be happy to say bad things about olaso. this being said, i dont know if olaso is guilty, i dont know anything about this. so lets see

Jerzy Janowicz/Bernard the aTomic /Thanasi Kokkinakis/Kei Nishikori

John Millman / Javier Martí/Taro Daniel-Jules Marie-Josh Milton

Henkka Kontinen
-Nick Kyrgios-Henri Laaksonen- Attila Balazs- Pierre Hugues Herbert-Alex Bolt-Marcus Willis-Kristijan Mesaros-Brydan Klein-Chris Rungkat-Piotr Gadomski-Hugo Nys-Pol Toledo
www.tennisalternative.com
Sombrerero loco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote