Do you miss when tennis courts allowed attackers to be more successful? - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Do you miss this type of tennis?

Yes, I do. They should speed up the courts so this type of tennis can be successful again. 28 71.79%
No, I don't miss it. I think tennis is fine as it is now. 9 23.08%
I don't think that the style changed because of court speed. 2 5.13%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Reply

Old 12-23-2013, 07:12 AM   #16
country flag ClutchOnandWin
Registered User
 
ClutchOnandWin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Age: 28
Posts: 5,270
ClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you miss when tennis courts allowed attackers to be more successful?

For fellow uneducated in tennis, teenage trolls, viewing this thread your comrade has made.

String technology came in during the 90s and the game became somewhat slower and the start to constructing mechnically player's like Nadal began. During the early 00s the string technology advanced even more but the idea of slowing courts down came to the forefront. In 2003 it saw the start of this evolvement of tennis courts being made marginally slower.

2004 the courts were marginally slower and the strings had much more grip. By 2006 the slowness peaked and stopped there and the string technology kept on developing. 2004-2007 was Federer's main dominance, this meant he was winning titles durin the era of, as you like to brand it, "defensive tennis". He was beating Hewitt, a grinder with a ball absorbing game year in year out. He beat Hewitt because he lacked any real weapons, the reason he fails to beat other grinders like Djokovic, Murray and Nadal... isn't because the court's are slower than they were when he was beating Hewitt, but because these 3 guys have not only great defensive movement and are solid from the baseline, but also because they can take advantage and attack when the opportunity arises / is right.

I hope I have dumbed that down for you enough to stop making these "bot threads/posts". Thanks.
__________________
People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones

ClutchOnandWin's tennis tips
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=558010:


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiedis View Post
Serious tennis analists know that WTF is a glorified exho with a very descriptive name.
^This is what having a crush does.
ClutchOnandWin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 12-23-2013, 09:16 AM   #17
country flag Absolute Anthropoid
Skyward!
 
Absolute Anthropoid's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sun Ruler Plateau
Age: 23
Posts: 13,397
Absolute Anthropoid has a reputation beyond reputeAbsolute Anthropoid has a reputation beyond reputeAbsolute Anthropoid has a reputation beyond reputeAbsolute Anthropoid has a reputation beyond reputeAbsolute Anthropoid has a reputation beyond reputeAbsolute Anthropoid has a reputation beyond reputeAbsolute Anthropoid has a reputation beyond reputeAbsolute Anthropoid has a reputation beyond reputeAbsolute Anthropoid has a reputation beyond reputeAbsolute Anthropoid has a reputation beyond reputeAbsolute Anthropoid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you miss when tennis courts allowed attackers to be more successful?

I miss when the #1 was not a pusher. Good times
__________________
I absolutely DESPISE Nadal.

Simple as that. Everything else comes second.

Absolute Anthropoid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 06:53 PM   #18
country flag _maxi
Registered User
 
_maxi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 154
_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you miss when tennis courts allowed attackers to be more successful?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchOnandWin View Post
For fellow uneducated in tennis, teenage trolls, viewing this thread your comrade has made.

String technology came in during the 90s and the game became somewhat slower and the start to constructing mechnically player's like Nadal began. During the early 00s the string technology advanced even more but the idea of slowing courts down came to the forefront. In 2003 it saw the start of this evolvement of tennis courts being made marginally slower.

2004 the courts were marginally slower and the strings had much more grip. By 2006 the slowness peaked and stopped there and the string technology kept on developing. 2004-2007 was Federer's main dominance, this meant he was winning titles durin the era of, as you like to brand it, "defensive tennis". He was beating Hewitt, a grinder with a ball absorbing game year in year out. He beat Hewitt because he lacked any real weapons, the reason he fails to beat other grinders like Djokovic, Murray and Nadal... isn't because the court's are slower than they were when he was beating Hewitt, but because these 3 guys have not only great defensive movement and are solid from the baseline, but also because they can take advantage and attack when the opportunity arises / is right.

I hope I have dumbed that down for you enough to stop making these "bot threads/posts". Thanks.
Absolutely unprovable stuff you are mentioning here. You said that the slow down process was finished by 2007, but that's a lie. In 2008 the Australian Open changed the surfaces to a slower one, and carpet was banned from the tour in 2008 also. Besides that, a lot of tournaments have been finding ways to slow a bit the game, by using different paint, like happened in the us open courts and other HC tournaments. This is stated also by pro players.

Back in 2004-2007 there were still some fast courts. Us open was faster than now. Remember 2007 Madrid and Paris run by Nalbandian?

Go to lie to another thread, troll. Thanks.
_maxi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 08:26 PM   #19
country flag ClutchOnandWin
Registered User
 
ClutchOnandWin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Age: 28
Posts: 5,270
ClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you miss when tennis courts allowed attackers to be more successful?

LOL!

Look at you, you little goofy doofus looking kid.

How long did it take you to conjur up such a little reply?

The court's were slowed down after 2003, go and youtube the comparison they did using "hawkeye" with regard to the trajectory of the ball's flight after it made contact with the ground.



Now respect who you are talking to and that's a man of intelligence and expertise in this area field.

..and don't accuse me of lying! Mug.
__________________
People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones

ClutchOnandWin's tennis tips
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=558010:


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiedis View Post
Serious tennis analists know that WTF is a glorified exho with a very descriptive name.
^This is what having a crush does.

Last edited by ClutchOnandWin : 12-23-2013 at 08:54 PM.
ClutchOnandWin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 08:38 PM   #20
country flag ClutchOnandWin
Registered User
 
ClutchOnandWin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Age: 28
Posts: 5,270
ClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you miss when tennis courts allowed attackers to be more successful?

It's quite ironic that someone like you can refer to me the troll, I find that most amusing. Look at you, paddling away in your little boat making unoriginal bot threads on topics drummed to death so much, not even Federer's most die hard fans feel the desire to post in it.

Carpet being banned from the main tour in 2008 has nothing to do with court's being slowed down, they simply changed the surface. For instance, Paris Masters from carpet to indoors. The hardcourts peaked in being slowed down by 2007ish, obviously there were more tournaments that copied suit with what happened prior to 2008 and that meant more courts became slower. The US Open is as slow / fast now as it was in 2007. Nalbandian won Madrid? So what? What does that have to do with the price of rice? Where were the grinders with weapons there to beat him at this period? There wernt any.

Why won't thick fools like you get it through to your head the court's have not changed that much since the mid 2000s, the player's have just become more athletic, fit and defensively more excellent. Ontop of this racquet string technology has continued it's evolvement. The balls also play a huge role in all of this.

Lot's of people like you really are silly and believe the myth that Federer isn't dominating like he used to because the court's are slower. This really just says it all, but the most biggest proof is the fact you were probably 10 years old when Federer was winning all these slams, so you never really ever felt the speed of a court from a viewers perspective and therefore should stop making up rubbish because you don't want flies buzzing around you during christmas.
__________________
People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones

ClutchOnandWin's tennis tips
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=558010:


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiedis View Post
Serious tennis analists know that WTF is a glorified exho with a very descriptive name.
^This is what having a crush does.
ClutchOnandWin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 08:43 PM   #21
country flag ClutchOnandWin
Registered User
 
ClutchOnandWin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Age: 28
Posts: 5,270
ClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you miss when tennis courts allowed attackers to be more successful?

They changed the speed of the courts in the mid 2000s and player's playing on them were nurtured and built to playing on faster surfaces, this meant you had ballstrikers playing on slower surfaces. Murray and Djokovic were two guys whom on the other hand, were built and nurtured in way to allow their game to act best suited towards the slower courts and when they made their proper breakthrough in 2008, this came to fruision.
__________________
People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones

ClutchOnandWin's tennis tips
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=558010:


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiedis View Post
Serious tennis analists know that WTF is a glorified exho with a very descriptive name.
^This is what having a crush does.
ClutchOnandWin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 08:52 PM   #22
country flag Ace Pounder
Registered User
 
Ace Pounder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: In-between Cringe City and Ruinsville
Age: 25
Posts: 7,063
Ace Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you miss when tennis courts allowed attackers to be more successful?

Are you suffering from raging toothache, ClutchOnandLoseIt?
__________________


Deus ex MachineGun
(Ignosce mihi.)


Ace Pounder is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 12:36 PM   #23
country flag _maxi
Registered User
 
_maxi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 154
_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you miss when tennis courts allowed attackers to be more successful?

Hey ClutchOnandWin, calm down, I think you should visit a psychologist. I'm sorry to say this but most of the things you say are just not true. You should see this poll results to have a glance at reality. Thanks.
_maxi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 12:51 PM   #24
country flag ClutchOnandWin
Registered User
 
ClutchOnandWin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Age: 28
Posts: 5,270
ClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you miss when tennis courts allowed attackers to be more successful?

Quote:
Originally Posted by _maxi View Post
Hey ClutchOnandWin, calm down, I think you should visit a psychologist. I'm sorry to say this but most of the things you say are just not true. You should see this poll results to have a glance at reality. Thanks.
Oh the poll results of the misguied, indocrinated MTF member public? Gimme a flipping break!

The community that are already talking about Coric taking over from Djokovic, Nadal and Murray even though he's yet to have won a single match on the ATP tour and barely that many on the challenger tour?

Yes. The MTF's community's poll results mean everything because they are so in touch with the ATP tour.



__________________
People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones

ClutchOnandWin's tennis tips
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=558010:


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiedis View Post
Serious tennis analists know that WTF is a glorified exho with a very descriptive name.
^This is what having a crush does.
ClutchOnandWin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 01:03 PM   #25
country flag rus59
Registered User
 
rus59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,917
rus59 has a reputation beyond reputerus59 has a reputation beyond reputerus59 has a reputation beyond reputerus59 has a reputation beyond reputerus59 has a reputation beyond reputerus59 has a reputation beyond reputerus59 has a reputation beyond reputerus59 has a reputation beyond reputerus59 has a reputation beyond reputerus59 has a reputation beyond reputerus59 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you miss when tennis courts allowed attackers to be more successful?

http://de.slideshare.net/
slideshow/
embed_code/28762096
rus59 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios