Does anyone here think one of the Slams should be indoors? - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-24-2013, 12:13 PM   #16
country flag GSMnadal

GSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does anyone here think one of the Slams should be indoors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchOnandWin View Post
I think you need to reread his post and the tone of what he said.

He is providing the same answer, but all for very differing reasons. He dislikes the fact Wimbledon becomes an indoor grass tournament during rainy weather as far as play goes on the center court. Now why in any way would he dislike this? Anyone with any love for the game would not want to wait through all the hours and potentially days of rain delay before action recommences. Right? Whether the conditions are sped up by that fraction and favour the more offensive player with more ballstrike in his game should not be relevant, unless you have an aligence with a player whom would struggle against his rivals, in these quicker conditions. Ofcourse? *raises both eyebrows*

Nadal would and has struggled against the trio of Djokovic, Murray and Del Potro in faster conditions. We've seen it multiple times with Djokovic, a few times with Murray (Ala the US Open) and Del Potro at both the US Open and Shanghai Masters. (Which was only this year)

Even Federer, whom the guy has an obvious distinct matchup advantage over would cause a problem or two to Nadal in faster conditions. (If he returns to where he was prior to 2012)

So you see, I did not involve Nadal, but it is glaringly transparant to see where this guy's verdict on whether we should have an indoors grandslam stems from and it's certainly not from wanting the best for the game, or a better spectacle for him/all. It's only his hand in the air, bragging, trophy parades he is concerning himself about.

It's all about these tard's bragging rights.

#keepinitreal
Sure, keep placing words in my mouth. Nadal most likely won't even play anymore by the time the USO has a roof. Why am I against it? Because we have a big indoor tournament, it's the WTF. Slams should be outdoor. And the roof clearly influences the result.

Remember the Wimbledon 2012 final? I couldn't have cared less about that result, since I dislike both Murray and Federer. However, Federer benefitted from the roof closing, and I doubt he would've won Wimbledon that year had they played in normal conditions. Same with (yes I know this is about Nadal) the Nadal-Rosol match, Nadal was cruising in set 4, they close the roof, and the rest is history.

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 9 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2013, 12:20 PM   #17
country flag SliceAce

SliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchOnandWin View Post
Oh cmon man, rankings are bullshit and you know it. If you seriously pay attention to rankings then you're kidding yourself. They are simply a rough guide.

Jerzy Janowicz and Mikeal Youzhny are of more than top 20 standard/class. Youzhny had an amazing season. You cannot base the "level of a player's performance" on every match based on their ranking, you must instead look at how they've performed. Jerzy played at a ridiculously high level and I cannot see anyone else other than Djokovic, Murray and DelPotro who'd have possibly beaten him in the tournament. Youzhny much the same, I think Youzhny would have beaten Ferrer tbqh. Oh and there's forgetting Verdasco who suddenly out of nowhere turned into the 2009 australian open beast again, or near to it. Can you honestly tell me Verdasco, Janowicz and Youhzny played to a top 20 level play at the tournament? I think you can. They played sensational. I honestly am not quite too sure about what chokes you're refering to, Verdasco got slightly tight but that was it.... Wawrinka was knocked out by HEwitt in the opening round. Ranking? Means, jackshit.

I've said this all along, outside of the top 4 or 5 players in the world, anybody inside the top 50 can give the players ranked between 6 and 20 a good game and beat them. Player's do not even justify their ranking between 10 and 20. These rankings are simply based on consistency, not ability and not talent or skill. Consistency, a player's professionalism and workethic.

Rankings mean jackshit. I felt Janowicz played an amazing match against Murray, as this Verdasco and as did Youzhny. On paper, for those whom base everything of statistics which can be misleading, Djokovic may have had the tougher route through but using a little bit of open mindedness you can see that Murray's opponents were the ones indeed playing the better tennis.

We just had a thread here which proved that the top 50 is less competitive with the top 10 and the top 10 is less competitive with the top 2 than any time in history. The blog post showing it is here:

http://cleaningthelines.wordpress.co...-the-atp-tour/

What you said is the opposite of reality, you have to be trolling.

#1 hater of Nadull, Fakervic, Mugray, and the tards who worship them
SliceAce is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 12:26 PM   #18
country flag ClutchOnandWin

ClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbadosan View Post
While your point may be valid, the counterweight is that the WTF round robin is among the 8 most highly ranked players in the world, who are most often legitimately the best. The slams can be a mishmash of very lowly ranked opposition and one or two from 1-20 range. Kinda evens out
I don't quite see it that way, because if the "seedings" in grandslams were to go as to plan and the top 8 players made it to the quarter finals, then you would have to beat a fellow top 8 player 3 times over a best of 5 sets. That's win 9 sets over them. Ask Djokovic whether he prefers facing Nadal at the o2 arena indoors over the best of 3 sets, as opposed to Nadal outdoors in potentially hotsunshine in Australia over the best of 5. Go and ask him what he feels is the easier proposition.

There are also a lot of unvalued lower ranked players that don't get enough notice, particularly on MTF. MTF quite frankly does not give a shit about anybody outside the top 10, period, let's be honest and I am qualified to say that because I've seen it for with my very own eyes when they rule out the lower ranked guys and then end up looking stupid but instead make excuses and try to start suggesting the higher ranked bloke is out of form, choked, played wack at crucial moments.

Raonic, Janowcicz, Youzhny, Verdasco, Isner, Kohlschrieber, Monfils and even mental giants like Dodig. All of these player's have the arsenal of game to beat the Berdych's Tsonga's and Ferrer's of this world. Even Del Potro if he's having slightly off game. They can also provide as much if not more resistance to the top 5 games, you know those player's that bring their very best to slams? Play inspired tennis? Jerzy Janowicz is a classic example of this. Rises to the occasion and atmoshperhe/vibe. The only reason they aren't ranked as high as the Berdych's Tsonga's and Ferrer's are because they aren't consistent over the duration of a season.

What my point finally comes down to is, the top 8 player's in the world on paper are not necessarily ALWAYS the top 8 best player's in the world, they may sometimes just be the top 8 best performers throughout the duration of a tennis calendar season. Is Gasquet for example warranted of being 1 of the top best 8 blokes in tennis? No. Ofcourse not. There's somany guy's who'd have given Del Potro, Djokovic and Federer better games.
^This is what having a crush does to an individual.

Follow me on Twitter; https://twitter.com/RedliningMyGame

Or find my posts at #MuppetOfTheHighestCaliber
ClutchOnandWin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 12:37 PM   #19
country flag ClutchOnandWin

ClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post

We just had a thread here which proved that the top 50 is less competitive with the top 10 and the top 10 is less competitive with the top 2 than any time in history. The blog post showing it is here:

http://cleaningthelines.wordpress.co...-the-atp-tour/

What you said is the opposite of reality, you have to be trolling.
Alright, I'll make it very simple for you and I don't mean that insultingly.

"Mostly anybody on their day between 10-50 can beat anybody outside the top 3 player's in the world"

People are just obsessed with month in month out results. There are somany eratic player's whom can turn it on for a single tournament and play high quality tennis. What you're trying to do is pigeonhole every player into one cateogory. It's not that clear cut I'm afraid and it never has been. Naturally the head to head between the top 50 and the top 10 will favour the top 10 guys, because they tend to play at a higher level more consistently BETWEEN TOURNAMENTS. However who's to say the top 50 player cannot be on the "hot" side of their inconsistency? You know what I mean by that? "A player blows hot and cold and they run into hottness for a grandslams? ie, wimbledon?"

Youzhny wasn't a top 20 player during the time of wimbledon yet won more titles than Berdych and Tsonga? Berdych faced off with Djokovic and Murray Youzhny? Who arguably had the tougher draw? How do you define a tough draw? To use ranking ALONE, is too superficial IMO. Especially when Murray had to play Youzhny, Verdasco and Janowciz in the form they were showing during that tournament. It's actually disrespectful.

Infact, I find people that start mouthing off saying, "oh look howmany top ranked guys he played bla bla bla" are less in touch with the ATP tour and more of a troll than anything. So I think it's quite ironic you can even sit there and say I must be trolling.
^This is what having a crush does to an individual.

Follow me on Twitter; https://twitter.com/RedliningMyGame

Or find my posts at #MuppetOfTheHighestCaliber

Last edited by ClutchOnandWin : 12-24-2013 at 12:43 PM.
ClutchOnandWin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote